Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-21-2021, 01:04 PM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of
Default CBS sports review on KP after 1st week back

Pretty good read on KP after 1st week back

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/k...ith-mavericks/

Kristaps Porzingis' return and three things that stood out in big man's first week back with Mavericks
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2021, 06:21 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Two things after last night's game against the Pacers.

1- He looks great physically and I think we should all be pleased with his progress so far.

2- I'm that much more convinced that he should play the bulk of his minutes at center, not power forward. I know not everyone agrees with this, but for whatever reason, he just seems to be more comfortable when there isn't another "traditional" big man on the floor.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:07 PM   #3
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

It’s a good sign that he’s able to play back to back games. He seems to be moving pretty well out there. Excited to see the whole team get to play together.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:11 AM   #4
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Two things after last night's game against the Pacers.

1- He looks great physically and I think we should all be pleased with his progress so far.

2- I'm that much more convinced that he should play the bulk of his minutes at center, not power forward. I know not everyone agrees with this, but for whatever reason, he just seems to be more comfortable when there isn't another "traditional" big man on the floor.

I don't think anyone suggested that he shouldn't play center.

At least I don't recall it.

My feeling is they should continue to play him next to Kleber or WCS regardless if it's at C or PF because that's when the Mavs play their best defense overall in terms of rim protection and defensive rebounding.

None of the Mavs big's IMO can protect the rim or rebound by themselves when RC decides to go small that has been proven over and over again it becomes a layup drill for the opposing teams.

When they have two big's on the floor together I notice if one big get's caught out on the perimeter defensively the other big is usually still inside to help out on drivers attacking the basket.

I think RC recognized that pretty early in the season which is why he started WCS and Kleber together.

Moving forward with a full team as I mentioned in another thread I believe KP and Kleber will continue to start together at C/PF for the majority of games but I also think you'll still see KP on occasions slide over to PF and play next to WCS for a few minutes per game.

It kind of gives them the same look the Lakers had last year with AD playing alongside both Dwight and McGee throughout stretches of games for added rim protection.

One thing I also noticed yesterday is that RC actually used a late zone defense to close out the Pacers with KP and WCS on the floor together and it really stopped them from attacking the rim forced them into a lot of 3's late in that game.

Last edited by Dallas41; 01-22-2021 at 12:31 AM.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:40 AM   #5
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Interview about KP & WCS working together

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/new...om?jwsource=cl