Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #481
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post

In terms of joining a competitive team, I honestly think that only Pacers are in the running besides Mavs. And this is assuming Mahinmi won't ask too much this summer.

It is actually hard to see Howard joining anywhere but Dallas or Indiana. Most competitive teams that perhaps have cap space, already have a decent center. All teams that are able to throw max at him, are suspects to even make playoffs, let alone compete.

Pacers offer nice team-up with Paul George, young superstar who is willing to pass the ball. The coaching change doesn't bode well however.

Any other candidates for Howard?
You're hyping up the pace too much. Even though they also were a low seed when Monta played there too. The way things are looking. Mavs try to go 2004 Pistons when they stocked up on vets. But the Mavs actually do stock up on vets pretty well already. Which can convince Howard because he wants to win now.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2016, 02:43 PM   #482
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Joakim Noah told teammates he will not return to Bulls

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:20 PM   #483
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
If that's the case. Another plan can be to offer Conley a long term contract after signing Noah.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:26 PM   #484
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Noah isn't as good as he was but hes still one hell of a rebounder. I'd take him for the right price.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-26-2016 at 08:29 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:55 PM   #485
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Noah isn't as good as he was but hes still one hell of a rebounder. I'd take him for the right price.
I'd be a lot more confident if Donnie can convince Zaza to take less to help bring in Noah. That way you have less pressure on Mejri to get heavy minutes. But I still would consider first trying to sign Howard.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:27 PM   #486
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I'd be a lot more confident if Donnie can convince Zaza to take less to help bring in Noah. That way you have less pressure on Mejri to get heavy minutes. But I still would consider first trying to sign Howard.
Only thing is, assuming Howard gets like $22M per, you're probably spending that much or maybe even more on a Zaza/Noah center rotation when their super-cheap backup is probably a better fit next to Dirk than either of them.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:32 PM   #487
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If we thought Noah would play like 68ish games or more, I'm down. Only problem is, with his recent injury history, if he's playing that many games he probably isn't playing enough minutes, and if we don't get like 1800 minutes out of him, we probably shouldn't sign him unless it's a multi-year deal at a backup's salary. And if that's all we're offering, why the he'll would he come here instead of the 10-15 other teams offering him a better role and/or better money?

That said, if our medical staff gives him a clean bill of health, I'm 100% behind the signing.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #488
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
If we thought Noah would play like 68ish games or more, I'm down. Only problem is, with his recent injury history, if he's playing that many games he probably isn't playing enough minutes, and if we don't get like 1800 minutes out of him, we probably shouldn't sign him unless it's a multi-year deal at a backup's salary. And if that's all we're offering, why the hell would he come here instead of the 10-15 other teams offering him a better role and/or better money?

That said, if our medical staff gives him a clean bill of health, I'm 100% behind the signing.
I think you might have answered your own question... Our medical staff and head coach have to be somewhat appealing to an older, injury-prone player like Noah. Not that it means he's coming here, but I think it gives us a leg-up on probably 8-12 of those 10-15 teams you mentioned.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:49 PM   #489
yahyes
Banned

So should Donnie offer oklahoma a sign and trade Parsons for Durant? Because I don't see oklahoma getting any return from other of these high chasing teams. At least with Parsons, it can perhaps intrigue oklahoma.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:57 PM   #490
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So should Donnie offer oklahoma a sign and trade Parsons for Durant? Because I don't see oklahoma getting any return from other of these high chasing teams. At least with Parsons, it can perhaps intrigue oklahoma.
Ignoring all the other factors that make this scenario extremely unlikely, I doubt Parsons would ever be thrilled about the idea of living in Oklahoma lmao

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:42 PM   #491
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Ignoring all the other factors that make this scenario extremely unlikely, I doubt Parsons would ever be thrilled about the idea of living in Oklahoma lmao
Westbrook can have his oklahoma team too. While getting Parsons in return. The best part is him and Cuban seem to have been open with each other already.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:31 AM   #492
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

MFFL on Twitter says there are Rose to Dallas tumors.

We could have the most talented injured-list in the NBA next year if so
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:39 AM   #493
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:

here is the root of the rumors : http://www.inquisitr.com/3156374/nba...-devin-harris/

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #494
Underdog

Quote:

It's probably an injury wash if we trade Devin for him...

Old 06-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #495
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Kinda sad that Rose and Harris had similar PERS and yet Harris with all of his clanks still shot the three and two better while being a markedly better defender. All of the hopes and dreams in the world won't bring MVP Rose back from the dead.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #496
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Yeah, nothing to see here... The author doesn't even know what he's talking about, thinks the Mavs trading for Rose is our best move because Dallas doesn't have any cap space. LOL, EVERYONE has cap space this summer -- if Dirk, Deron and Parsons opt out we only have about $30m on the books, which gives us at least $62m to work with... We have plenty of options this summer.

Also, I know it may be hard for Chicago to unload Rose, but surely they could do better than Devin Harris, right? I mean, Rose is probably the most undeserving MVP in NBA history, but Devin has never even been in that conversation.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:44 AM   #497
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

That article was very matter of factly. I dont buy it for one second. Why do that for one season? Youre not guaranteed Rose would sign for a long term contract...And where would that leave us near maxing Parsons and finding a center?
Old 06-03-2016, 11:33 AM   #498
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

No thanks to D-Rose. Superstar attitude with (now) average game. I would much rather take a flyer on someone like Brandon Jennings.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #499
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
No thanks to D-Rose. Superstar attitude with (now) average game. I would much rather take a flyer on someone like Brandon Jennings.
I really do think Carlisle could work his magic with Jennings. Jennings desperately needs a coach to refine and tune his game. You might be able to get him for a reasonable price as well.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #500
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I really do think Carlisle could work his magic with Jennings. Jennings desperately needs a coach to refine and tune his game. You might be able to get him for a reasonable price as well.
Yeah, I was interested in Jennings back before we signed Ellis... Always thought those two needed to be broken up, but figured Jennings would have been the better fit with Carlisle. Still kinda baffled that we took Monta over him.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:15 PM   #501
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, I was interested in Jennings back before we signed Ellis... Always thought those two needed to be broken up, but figured Jennings would have been the better fit with Carlisle. Still kinda baffled that we took Monta over him.
Hadn't we already struck a deal with Calderon? Made more sense to go with a shooting guard at that point.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #502
Underdog

Quote:
Hadn't we already struck a deal with Calderon? Made more sense to go with a shooting guard at that point.
Could have gone after Jennings instead of Calderon too.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #503
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Can we sim the finals and get to Free Agency? Enough time has passed from the end of the season to get me hyped up thinking this offseason will be different.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:45 PM   #504
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From everything I've seen Jennings was on his way to becoming an all-around player/ leader before his achilles injury. Stan Van Gundy, as well as Magic and Pistons fans, speak glowingly about him. Would love to see him here on a $5-8 million per year deal.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:49 AM   #505
spreedom
Diamond Member

I don't know what people are in Jennings. To me, he'd be on the fringe of the league had he not scored 50 his rookie year. Like in what way is he an above-average player?

It's very possible I'm just missing something, though.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #506
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't know what people are in Jennings. To me, he'd be on the fringe of the league had he not scored 50 his rookie year. Like in what way is he an above-average player?

A little over a year ago he recorded the first 20-20 game since Steve Nash. Prior to his achilles injury he was on his way to becoming a two-way force. He's also young and should be relatively cheap.

His shooting #s aren't great, but take the load off him and let him pick his spots and see what happens.

Last edited by tap2390; 06-04-2016 at 10:15 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:36 AM   #507
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

I mainly look at it from a value standpoint. Most mediocre to anything better players are projected to make a boatload this summer. He could be a low risk, high reward shot if other plans fall through.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:03 PM   #508
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mainly look at it from a value standpoint. Most mediocre to anything better players are projected to make a boatload this summer. He could be a low risk, high reward shot if other plans fall through.
Agree with this. The biggest knock on Jennings was always his hot selection and efficiency. The light seemed to be coming on for him before the Achilles. Could def be a buy low, high reward guy. Much more so than Deron at this point
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #509
yahyes
Banned

I don't see anything wrong with Dallas signing back Deron. I'd prefer a healthy Deron over a healthy Rose anyway. Plus are we really thinking about Jennings?... Might as well keep the guards intact one more season.

Last edited by yahyes; 06-05-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:05 PM   #510
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with Dallas signing back Deron. I'd prefer a healthy Deron over a healthy Rose anyway. Plus are we really thinking about Jennings?... Might as well keep the guards intact one more season.
"Healthy" in this instance being obviously the operative word
I'd prefer 2008 Deron over Jennings too. That derons just nevercoming back. They need to get creative at PG this summer. Or we'll be trotting out the shell of Deron Williams, JJb and constantly hobbled Devin next season again. Same tired rotation, Sans Felton

Last edited by mac222b; 06-05-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:08 PM   #511
mac222b
Diamond Member

Maybe poke around see what'd take to get a young guy buried on depth chart- like Terry Rozier or Delon Smith. Probably going to cost Powell though. Since we have few other assets. Couldve just drafted Schroeder or Giannis. Thanks Cuban! Smartest guy in the frat house
Old 06-06-2016, 01:46 PM   #512
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
"Healthy" in this instance being obviously the operative word
I'd prefer 2008 Deron over Jennings too. That derons just nevercoming back. They need to get creative at PG this summer. Or we'll be trotting out the shell of Deron Williams, JJb and constantly hobbled Devin next season again. Same tired rotation, Sans Felton
I'd rather they take the risk on players that have already played together a full season. Than add a mediocre PG like Jennings. Thinking he can help lead in scoring.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:48 PM   #513
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe poke around see what'd take to get a young guy buried on depth chart- like Terry Rozier or Delon Smith. Probably going to cost Powell though. Since we have few other assets. Couldve just drafted Schroeder or Giannis. Thanks Cuban! Smartest guy in the frat house
I'm beginning to think Powell will be a trade chip for us more than a rotation player. I really don't see him fitting into Rick's system unless he vastly improves his long-range jumper.

I could see the Mavs moving him for either a young PG with potential or a more suitable veteran backup PF.
I'm assuming you mean Delon Wright.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-06-2016 at 02:56 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #514
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I'm beginning to think Powell will be a trade chip for us more than a rotation player. I really don't see him fitting into Rick's system unless he vastly improves his long-range jumper.

I could see the Mavs moving him for either a young PG with potential or a more suitable veteran backup PF.
I'm assuming you mean Delon Wright.
We could get a better PG than Wright... That's really undervaluing what Powell can bring. Especially on offense.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #515
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
We could get a better PG than Wright... That's really undervaluing what Powell can bring. Especially on offense.
Yes I meant Delon Wright rimrocker, thanks for the correction. I mentioned Wright because I seemed to remember chatter about the Mavs liking him pre-draft. Could've been misdirect too though. I don't think wright got enough burn for us to judge his worth yet though.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:59 PM   #516
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes I meant Delon Wright rimrocker, thanks for the correction. I mentioned Wright because I seemed to remember chatter about the Mavs liking him pre-draft. Could've been misdirect too though. I don't think wright got enough burn for us to judge his worth yet though.
Assuming we cap ourselves out with some sort of solution at center, cheap guys buried on decent teams' benches are the types of players we should go after... hell, I still think the Rondo trade can be viewed as something of a success because of Powell.... uh, assuming we keep him, that is.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:52 AM   #517
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mentioned Wright because I seemed to remember chatter about the Mavs liking him pre-draft. Could've been misdirect too though. I don't think wright got enough burn for us to judge his worth yet though.
There must be something to that because I remember the same thing. If I remember correctly the Mavs were interested in Wright and Grant but they were gone at 21 so they picked Anderson.

I love Powell's game but not sure how he'll fit on this team going forward unless he extends his shooting range and becomes more consistent. Mejri is a solid backup center and RC will most likely want to spread the floor with a shooter-oriented PF.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #518
mac222b
Diamond Member

So lets say,for whatever reasons, Dwight Howard is not in play. Whiteside re-signs with Miami. Conley signs elsewhere. What's the max you offer Bismack? 18M? Anyone go that high? Higher? Mahinmi at 14M? Just curious how desperate people think we are

I mean almost everybody is going to have $ to spend. It's going to come down to some combination of fit, roster appeal, sales job and extra dollars.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #519
mac222b
Diamond Member

I think I prefer Grant to Wright. Wright not a good shooter though it seems improvable.. He's like a less athletic MCW. Grant more athletic, better p'n'r guy. Probable less available.

I think I'd rather try to develop Powell(as this roster desperately needs youth and athleticism)unless an established starter such as Teague comes available to us in a larger deal.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-07-2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:18 PM   #520
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think I prefer Grant to Wright. Wright not a good shooter though it seems improvable.. He's like a less athletic MCW. Grant more athletic, better p'n'r guy. Probable less available.

I think I'd rather try to develop Powell(as this roster desperately needs youth and athleticism)unless an established starter such as Teague comes available to us in a larger deal.
I'm trying to figure out how Powell fits on this team. I love the guy and want him to stay but he just doesn't seem to have a set role or position. If he becomes more consistent on his long-range jumper then he's a great fit. This summer is critical for him imo.