Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-01-2021, 06:38 AM   #1
FromSloveniaWithLove

FromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really nice
Question Is Cuban actually blind - is trading Doncic really a bad idea?

I know.. Crazy you might think..

But for now it looks kinda legit idea.. I'm sorry to say that, but comparing to other West top teams, Mavs have just a G-league team built around Doncic..

So it might be crazy but smart strategy that trading Doncic would get you in return 2 star caliber players some other rotational players and few 1st round picks that would actually help Dallas Mavs to contend..

Of course you have to dump bad contracts such as DP and may be some other guy.. But yeah..

What do you think? It's just an idea while chitchatting with friends..

Last edited by FromSloveniaWithLove; 02-01-2021 at 06:50 AM.
FromSloveniaWithLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2021, 08:09 AM   #2
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSloveniaWithLove View Post
I know.. Crazy you might think..

But for now it looks kinda legit idea.. I'm sorry to say that, but comparing to other West top teams, Mavs have just a G-league team built around Doncic..

So it might be crazy but smart strategy that trading Doncic would get you in return 2 star caliber players some other rotational players and few 1st round picks that would actually help Dallas Mavs to contend..

Of course you have to dump bad contracts such as DP and may be some other guy.. But yeah..

What do you think? It's just an idea while chitchatting with friends..
No. Luka like talent comes once in a lifetime. Only a crazy person would think of trading him
Old 02-01-2021, 08:42 AM   #3
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Shitty idea from a guy who’s a Luka fan, not a Mavs fan.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:14 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs fans. Mavs fans never change.

Remember when people were saying Cuban should trade Dirk to LA so he could get his championship before he retired?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:17 AM   #5
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post

This.

If you have a generational talent you dont trade him for anything
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:43 AM   #6
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head - Luka fan. If somebody's a Luka fan and not necessarily a Dallas fan, I can't blame him for feeling sorry for Luka being stuck in this shite show and wanting him to be in a better situation.

Last edited by turin; 02-01-2021 at 10:44 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #7
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

Another factor -- Luka sells tickets, big time! At least, that is, once fans can return to the games. No way do the Mavs trade Luka.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #8
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

This idea can liqma baws

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:09 PM   #9
FromSloveniaWithLove

FromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really nice

Yes okay, I give you that I'm biased, of course..

But that does not mean I dont want Mavs to suceed. I Just hope Luka wont be a second Dirk.. Yes, Dirk is/was phenomenal.. But Luka has the potential to be so so much better than Dirk.. And everybody wants him to succeed with Mavs.. Also Dirk deserved better.. But Cuban refused/ failed to get him a team good enough for contending except for that one time..

But is this even possible? Is Cuban willing to get him the team which screams contenders? Based on this it looks like this is not his goal:

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/.am...s-will-contend

So what does Mavs have now? No trade value except Luka and maybe THJ. So grinding is all there's left..

Of course.. Everyone understands that he is loaded ATM on two legs now.. But his MVP stock plumitted this year cuz.. Ugh.. Ouch.. I must forget last week performance.. A pain is all there is left.. And its not even his fault.. He was only player producing any kind of stats..

But no.. I was not implying that Mavs should or even would do something like that.. But hypotethical.. What can Dallas get for Luka and does that make Dallas legit contenders??

Last edited by FromSloveniaWithLove; 02-01-2021 at 12:21 PM.
FromSloveniaWithLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:04 PM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
This.

If you have a generational talent you dont trade him for anything
Third.

You NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER trade a superstar unless you have absolutely no choice.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:22 PM   #11
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

1. Is Cuban actually blind? - No
  2. Is trading Doncic really a bad idea? - Yes
Old 02-01-2021, 06:24 PM   #12
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But that does not mean I dont want Mavs to suceed. I Just hope Luka wont be a second Dirk.. Yes, Dirk is/was phenomenal.. But Luka has the potential to be so so much better than Dirk.. And everybody wants him to succeed with Mavs.. Also Dirk deserved better.. But Cuban refused/ failed to get him a team good enough for contending except for that one time..

But is this even possible? Is Cuban willing to get him the team which screams contenders? Based on this it looks like this is not his goal:

So what does Mavs have now? No trade value except Luka and maybe THJ. So grinding is all there's left..

Of course.. Everyone understands that he is loaded ATM on two legs now.. But his MVP stock plumitted this year cuz.. Ugh.. Ouch.. I must forget last week performance.. A pain is all there is left.. And its not even his fault.. He was only player producing any kind of stats..

But no.. I was not implying that Mavs should or even would do something like that.. But hypotethical.. What can Dallas get for Luka and does that make Dallas legit contenders??
Maybe move to RealGM, i think its the better place for you as pure Luka fan. Thats an amazing amount of bullshit to write in a mavs forum
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:33 PM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Quote:

Honestly man, Luka came in fat. Get that part ironed out before blaming anyone else for his decline in MVP talk. I didn't buy into him being an MVP yet anyway. It was pipedream. The kid can't take advantage of the free throw line and didn't play defense.

Things will get sorted out but it's not gonna happen overnight, but you are just barking up the wrong tree here hoping for anyone to side with trading the 2nd best player we have had here...at least in the last 25 years.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuban, doncic, luka, trade