Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #81
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
In the East. Some had them as the favorite before the trade. I'm pretty stunned that you're stunned by such a well perceived notion.
That certainly makes more sense to limit it to the East (I didn't realize that was the comment), but anybody who had them as the favorite before the trade wasn't being reasonable. They were clearly more than one piece short of competing with a healthy Celtics or Heat team in a playoff series, as their own FO recognized by making these two deals.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-19-2010 at 05:56 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #82
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
That certainly makes more sense to limit it to the East (I didn't realize that was the comment), but anybody who had them as the favorite before the trade wasn't being reasonable. They were clearly more than one piece short of competing with a healthy Celtics or Heat team in a playoff series, as their own FO recognized by making these two deals.
Thus with the deals, thinking they are a favorite in the East seems far from shocking. Open for discourse, of course.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:58 PM   #83
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thus with the deals, thinking they are a favorite in the East seems far from shocking. Open for discourse, of course.
Yes, but as I said, I didn't realize it was favorite "in the East." I still think it would be quite shocking to claim they are the favorite to win the title.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #84
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Very intriguing deal. I still put Orlando as the third best team in the East, but they do have potential to come out on top if things break the right way. I think Gilbert desperately needed a change of scenery so maybe this will provide the spark he needs. I'm hoping he can get some of his Agent Zero swag back. If he can accept his role as the deadly 6th man off the bench, things could get really interesting.

Swapping out Carter for Richardson was a clear upgrade, especially considering how wishy-washy Vince is when you reach the big stage. I don't know if you can expect too much out of Hedo considering how bad he's been, but he did have his best years in that system.

The best part of this deal is that Redick gets demoted to a towel-waver again. All is right with the world.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 12-19-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Typos...
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #85
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Swapping out Carter for Richardson for Carter was a clear upgrade
Clever parlay.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #86
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Darn me and my typos. That would actually make for a rather ambiguous upgrade, me thinks.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #87
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I find that hard to believe. Arenas may be their most talented player on the team and I just think its a disservice to have him at the 2 with Nelson in the game. Jameer needs to come off the bench and give them that much needed spark their second unit will need.
'

Well J Rich is more of a shooter now and maybe its due to age since he's getting older but I would prefer the J Rich who attacked the basket and shot well from the perimeter.
No, Jrich and Howard clearly are now
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:25 AM   #88
kiddpg

kiddpg is on a distinguished road

it will be interesting if hedo plays better in orlando
kiddpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #89
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In the East. Some had them as the favorite before the trade. I'm pretty stunned that you're stunned by such a well perceived notion.
Bump. Hedo with a triple double today. Magic win 6th in a row. Including one against SA and Boston.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #90
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

alot of people were saying that none of three they acquired are known for defense but i think Hedo is actually an underrated defender. and it's not like Rashard or VC are great effort guys on defense anyway. and Arenas, J.Rich and Hedo are clearly all better offensively right now than Lewis or Carter.

really nice trade for Orlando. big believer in guys that can create mismatch issues for the other team. Hedo is great that way and Arenas is another guy the other team must always account for.

i hope the Mavs don't just stand pat after the Butler injury. even with a healthy Roddy back we're short a playmaker IMHO.

Last edited by mac222b; 01-04-2011 at 12:45 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #91
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

TD for Hedo ...the guys is back to his old form in Orlando...good to see. i like the guy