Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-23-2006, 02:27 AM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official Mavericks vs Grizzlies Thread (2/23/06)

GO MAVS!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2006, 03:44 AM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord, I am soooo sick of the Grizzlies. Dirk torches Gasol for an impressive, if not necessarily easy win.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:23 AM   #3
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't say this is an easy win. I think it will be close like most games against the Grizzlies. Prediction: Mavs win 94-89.

Last edited by Jet Terry; 02-23-2006 at 05:23 AM.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:38 AM   #4
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Mavericks 96
Grizzlies 87

It would be nice to see Dirk score at least 28 or so again.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #5
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Grizz have been on a semi-roll since before the break and Pau has used his All-Star berth as motivation to up his game*. That being said, the Mavs are going to make teddy bears out of those guys. *edit: BUT...we should leave them with enough in the tank to beat San Antonio tomorrow.

Mavs 92 - 86 Grizz

*aside: I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but during the All-Star introductions, both Gilbert Arenas and Pau Gasol were sporting Huge smiles (or at least making a big effort to try and contain huge smiles). I think that's the way it should be, I'm a little sick of these NBA players who are so egocentric and cocky that they feel they're above the game. There are guys out there who are just dying to prove themselves (e.g. Arenas, who is one of my more favorite players now) and who are legitimately awesome. Dunno, just a thought.

Last edited by orangedays; 02-23-2006 at 10:16 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

They will be able to handle whatever the Grizz offer. Avery got that defense straightened up after the debacle the other night.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays

*aside: I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but during the All-Star introductions, both Gilbert Arenas and Pau Gasol were sporting Huge smiles (or at least making a big effort to try and contain huge smiles). I think that's the way it should be, I'm a little sick of these NBA players who are so egocentric and cocky that they feel they're above the game. There are guys out there who are just dying to prove themselves (e.g. Arenas, who is one of my more favorite players now) and who are legitimately awesome. Dunno, just a thought.
while I somewhat agree with you, you're basing your assumption of a player's life off of whether or not he smiled at his introduction at the all-star game.... get that crap outta here man
Old 02-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

orangedays- ignoring Wraith for a moment here....you are absolutely correct. Gasol was having the time of his life and he should have been. It was very refreshing to see a guy who couldn't contain his happiness and then go out and play and enjoy every moment. Very refreshing indeed.

That said....he will be frowning after tonights game. This will be a closer game I think. The Grizz always seem to play us tough. However, I am convinced that the Mavs this year have the intagible intestinal fortitude that championship caliber teams develop. They refuse to lose and they never give up. This Mavs team gets stronger as the game progresses and I love them for that. The Mavs beat Grizz tonight soemwhere i nthe neighborhood of 92-86.

Go Mavs!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #9
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
orangedays- ignoring Wraith for a moment here....you are absolutely correct. Gasol was having the time of his life and he should have been. It was very refreshing to see a guy who couldn't contain his happiness and then go out and play and enjoy every moment. Very refreshing indeed.
I agree 100% with this post

orangedays however implied that the other players in the game were cocky and egocentric simply because they didn't smile at their introduction, which is poppycock... funny word
Old 02-23-2006, 11:47 AM   #10
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

poopy cock is even funier,.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #11
Drbio
Banned

I think orangedays was dead on. I'm sick of seeing guys who give some snarl or whatever or give you that "I am all that" stare when they are introduced. Those guys can suck the poppycock. A lot of those guys don't realize how fortunate they are to get to play a game for money. The expectation of adoration and feeling of entitlement runs strong through a lot of those guys and it is disgusting.

F'em.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #12
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Those guys can suck the poppycock.
lmao
Old 02-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 105-98
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #14
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
I agree 100% with this post

orangedays however implied that the other players in the game were cocky and egocentric simply because they didn't smile at their introduction, which is poppycock... funny word

I implied nothing of the sort. My comment was about NBA players in general being overly cocky and egocentric, with no explicit (or even implicit, as you suggest) reference to the behavior of the other players at the All-Star game. I used the behavior of both Pau Gasol and Gilbert Arenas at said All-Star game as an example of more of what I would like to see from players, again, in general - enthusiasm and excitement at playing the game of basketball. Clearly, I made no assumptions about their off-court lives, merely their reaction to playing in the All-Star game. I hope that makes it easier to understand.

*edit: DrBio got the idea. If I were you, Wraith, I'd watch and learn from him.

Last edited by orangedays; 02-23-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #15
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:

That said....he will be frowning after tonights game. This will be a closer game I think. The Grizz always seem to play us tough. However, I am convinced that the Mavs this year have the intagible intestinal fortitude that championship caliber teams develop. They refuse to lose and they never give up. This Mavs team gets stronger as the game progresses and I love them for that. The Mavs beat Grizz tonight soemwhere i nthe neighborhood of 92-86.

Go Mavs!
I actually played some ball this summer with Pau Gasol. We went to the Nike Europe central where he was talking with the Nike guys about his new shoeline. We met him there. He's HUGE! He had a slight stomach and was a bit out of form, but he was still sick, showed some great behind the back passes and I first realised how good of a passer he is.

The guy was absolutely classy. He was nice to all of us, took his time talking to us and signing our stuff. Great guy.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs 98-91
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #17
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Mavs 98-91
son of a...
Old 02-23-2006, 01:54 PM   #18
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
son of a...
What's your problem?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:01 PM   #19
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
What's your problem?
I was hoping you could tell me, Dr.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:19 PM   #20
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

best be a win
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #21
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
I was hoping you could tell me, Dr.
I'm no doctor, but I think it's because you are a

Last edited by orangedays; 02-23-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

hahaha.....I can confirm that diagnosis....and I AM a doctor.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #23
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Or intellectually superior.

Any way Dirk comes back with a 30 point 10 rebound performance.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #24
WraithXx
Diamond Member

anyone planning on drinkin loads of beer during tonight's game?

I just moved in on campus this week with a friend and after a week of work and studying, I'm ready for it let's get it on
Old 02-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #25
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
anyone planning on drinkin loads of beer during tonight's game?

I just moved in on campus this week with a friend and after a week of work and studying, I'm ready for it let's get it on
what school you go to?
Old 02-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #26
WraithXx
Diamond Member

University of Texas @ Dallas or, UTD for short haha
Old 02-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #27
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Ah, UTD. good school
Old 02-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #28
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

I didn't think about that but I feel that rest will rejuvenate Pau Gasol. Expect to see him full of energy tonight which could be a bad thing.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #29
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Tonight would be the first in a series of 30+pt games for Dirk.

Mavs by 8: 97-89
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #30
Mavfan + Ravenfan

Mavfan + Ravenfan is on a distinguished road

Mavs-94
Grizz-80

Its crazy how the "best" defensive team Averages gettin out rebounded and gives up about same shooting percent as we do. I guess rebounding isn't that important to a title level defense.
When we was eight, we went to Bat Day to see the Yanks
In Sixty-Nine, his father and mines, they robbed banks
He pointed to the charm on his neck
With his last bit of energy left, told me rock it with respect
I opened it, seen the god holdin his kids
Photogenic, tears just burst out my wig

AKA-wu banga at db.com
AKA-mavsravensfanatic at scout.com
Mavfan + Ravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #31
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
University of Texas @ Dallas or, UTD for short haha
What year are you? I am originally from Plano, TX so I know quite a few people who go there...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:33 PM   #32
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I have NBA TV and so I have Memphis broadcasters this game. One of them just compared Dirk to Hakeem Olajuwon. That's more love than Dirk gets anywhere, wtf.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:36 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

ok....I'm here. You may have fun now.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #34
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

we are a sad bunch.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #35
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Plano, dang. I lived in Plano from til 91-98.

I'm in Cali now.

Err, go Mavs! 99-92.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #36
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

I live where my profile says I live
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

Game's on.....here we go!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

JHo starting strong. Nice.

Nice defense there too.

Last edited by Drbio; 02-23-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #39
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I live in the village
Old 02-23-2006, 08:42 PM   #40
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

yeah, count it and one