Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2001, 08:51 PM   #41
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

NP MFFL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2001, 08:54 PM   #42
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

They have just 2 FT made we have 23.
Still we trail by 14, how are we supposed to beat them???
Old 05-07-2001, 08:54 PM   #43
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Lot's of people would rough up the Spurs without Duncan. Problem is, THEY HAVE DUNCAN. There is no changing that. He's what won them their ring and what will probably win them another this season...
Old 05-07-2001, 08:56 PM   #44
Fidel
Diamond Member

Yeah he´s a real bitch. He just makes everyone on the team so mutch better.
Interresting to see what happens to him when Robinson retires.
Old 05-07-2001, 08:56 PM   #45
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs just have an incredible interior defense. We CAN'T go inside. They close off everything and force you to do one of three things 1)continue to go inside and get your shot blocked, 2)continue to go inside and get stripped, 3)turn the ball over when you're trying to pass out of the paint. They run us off the 3 pointers, so we settle for long jumpers.

Just imagine how good this defense will be when the new illegal defense rules go into effect.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 09:00 PM   #46
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

13 down after 3 quarters. If it was almost any other team than the Spurs, I would think we would have a good chance to make a comeback.
Old 05-07-2001, 09:01 PM   #47
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

What I wouldn't give for the Mavs to have snagged Duncan...too bad the Spurs and the NBA rigged the lottery that year...much like when the Hornets got Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson, and the Magic got Shaq AND Penny Hardaway...real convenient...
Old 05-07-2001, 09:04 PM   #48
MFFL
Guru

Don't forget the Knicks got Patrick Ewing. Remember the scandal about the card with bent corner just happened to be the one selected for Ewing's pick. That forced the NBA to go to the ping pong ball method.
Old 05-07-2001, 09:05 PM   #49
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

HUGE three by Eisley! Let's hope that extra garbage time in Game 1 got his confidence going.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 09:06 PM   #50
Fidel
Diamond Member

I´m one of the few people here thet absolutely doesn´t like the spurs. I always thought they were playing pretty boring ball.
I hate them, but dam, they are good.
If they meet I will root for the lakers though (yeah I know you all hate the Lakers but I like Phil and I hate the Spurs...oh I´ve said that before [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )
Old 05-07-2001, 09:12 PM   #51
Fidel
Diamond Member

Another Howard brick, he´s 2-12, sit him down Nellie!!
Old 05-07-2001, 09:15 PM   #52
MFFL
Guru

Juwan does have 9 rebounds (3 of them offensive). Everybody is shooting horrible.
Old 05-07-2001, 09:17 PM   #53
Fidel
Diamond Member

Yeah but he had 7 early in th 2nd quarter.
Since then: 1-9 shooting 2 RB.
Old 05-07-2001, 09:19 PM   #54
Fidel
Diamond Member

Ok we´re done
time to bring the Wang...
Old 05-07-2001, 09:20 PM   #55
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Ok, this ones over. Seeing Finley failing to beat STEVE KERR 1-on-1 twice in one game is enough for me.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 09:23 PM   #56
MFFL
Guru

I think Nash needs to shoot more... only 7 field goal attempts? The Mavs need more shots from Nash.
Old 05-07-2001, 09:24 PM   #57
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

His ankle's hurting so that may have something to do with it. He can't get the lift from his legs.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 09:25 PM   #58
MFFL
Guru

But damn, Bradley's got more attempts than that.
Old 05-07-2001, 09:25 PM   #59
Fidel
Diamond Member

Yep, and Howard needs to shoot less, and Finley needs to take less of those ill advised fadeaways where he trys to be like Mike.
Dirk? hmmm I want him to shoot 40 a game but thats just me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2001, 09:31 PM   #60
Fidel
Diamond Member

Nellie was to conservative today, he should have played Booth, Buckner and even Najera a lot more.
Old 05-07-2001, 10:02 PM   #61
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

wow when was the last time we heard that nellie was too conservative??? i agree though, u hafta try some different combos to get things going
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 10:27 PM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i think nellie has to do something different inside against robinson and duncan.
bradley has been effective, and dirk has been moderately effective,but juwan can't stack up defensively.
i think bradley needs to be playing against duncan every possible minute that he can.

also,the mavs can't double down on duncan and robinson with their guards and small forward. it leaves good shooters wide open from the perimeter.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 05:51 AM   #63
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Cool I see my -- game x thread -- style has spread.
Old 05-08-2001, 09:05 AM   #64
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

We have no answer for the twin towers. This series is over.
Old 05-08-2001, 06:46 PM   #65
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

We have the answer to the Twin Towers... unfortunately, we only have one of him...

Old 05-08-2001, 11:07 PM   #66
MFFL
Guru

Maybe if we CLONE him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2001, 03:55 AM   #67
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Shawn Bradley owns Tim Duncan!!
Old 05-09-2001, 08:33 AM   #68
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the mavs have been very successful at guarding duncan with bradley.
they have to use bradley more against duncan and probably put dirk on david robinson.
now, once they do that. i say go small at the other three positions.

put in buckner/eisley
nash
and finley.

that's how the mavs should start the game.
and they should post up finley and dirk more often if they can, depending upon who is guarding them.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 12:41 PM   #69
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I've having premonitions of game seven...

And Bradley's fadeaway three for the tie... IT'S GOOD! At the buzzer! Will Maverick miracles never cease?! We've got overtime baby!