Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-09-2001, 01:59 PM   #1
LongHornMav

LongHornMav is on a distinguished road

Put Tim Duncan on the foul line. I was in awe as I sat in the stands and watched him use quickness to drive for momentous dunks, or use sweet finesse to make our defenders look stupid. The rest of the spurs aren't killing us. Just playing well. Tim Duncan is killing us. WE ONLY USED 16 PERSONAL FOULS LAST GAME! In a sense we could have used 44 more fouls out there on the floor. Particularly on Duncan. Nobody would have even of had to foul out. No I don't want to use every personal foul we have, and i don't want the game to become horrendously slow. I just don't feel like we can let TD shoot 59% on us for the series and win any games. He had the crowd in a frenzy with his play, he will silence our crowd if we let him.

Ps. And don't be afraid to go one on one with Tim. Yes, we will probably miss most of the shots, but we need to take advantage of opportunities to pick up cheap fouls on him.

What are some other views on changes for game 3?
LongHornMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2001, 02:11 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

put duncan on the foul line when bradley isn't guarding him
when bradley has guarded him, he's had a relative amount of success.
when howard is guarding him, put him on the line.
good call.
we need bradley in the game for his defensive presence that he HAS provided this series. if he has an easy basket when howard is guarding him or booth. by all means, foul him and foul him hard enough to where he won't make the shot. don't double up so much on him, the mavs can't afford to have guys wide open hitting threes.

the one area where san antonio is vulnerable on the offensive end is that their best offensive player, tim duncan, isn't a very good free throw shooter. the mavs must capatilize on this weekend.
excellent call LongHornMav

great name also,
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 05:01 PM   #3
Mavrix

Mavrix is on a distinguished road

do you go to UT, Longhorn? and if so, where do you live?
Mavrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 05:28 PM   #4
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Would that we could simply clone The Big Man, as MFFL suggested...

Team Bradley neutralizing the Utah frontcourt
Old 05-09-2001, 06:14 PM   #5
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

Team Bradley, lol
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 07:07 PM   #6
LongHornMav

Mavrix, why? Do I owe you money or something? JK. Actually I am in the UGL right now, I should be studying for finals, but all I can do is think about the Mavs. Do you go to UT?

Another thing I think we need to do tonight is be agressive with out the ball. We all know that the double team is going to come. And it seems like Finley and others are holding on to the ball to long and getting themselves into bad situations. We then make a bad pass. We had a lot of turnovers like this in the last game.

If we are going to post up, there needs to be no hesitation. Make the move to the basket when the pass is caught. Don't wait for the double team, then decide to still take a shot, ala Juwan.
Old 05-09-2001, 07:10 PM   #7
LongHornMav

By being aggressive with out the ball, I mean that we need people acting like they want the ball. Coming over to help the ball get out of the double team. Cutting to the basket when the double team is initiated. Stuff like that. It seems like Dirk especially just takes it easy at the three point line and hopes the pass makes it to him for a three point shot.
Old 05-09-2001, 07:10 PM   #8
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Actually, we've had an amazingly low 11 turnovers in the past two games, if I'm remembering correctly...
Old 05-09-2001, 07:12 PM   #9
Mavinator
Golden Member

But then again, come to think of it, most of them were Finley's, so you're probably right...