Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-14-2001, 12:37 PM   #41
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Yes, but solid play is something that's atainable from Eisley. Despite the fact he's shown us that he's been one of the most inconsistent players on the team all year. However IF he could give us solid play, then Nash wouldn't be as essential. It's much easier to believe we can get solid play out of a player than to believe another a player can step up and carry the burden of the success of the team.
Old 05-14-2001, 01:05 PM   #42
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

The Mavs are also a perfect 3-0 when the Mavinator is at the game in full regalia...

Old 05-14-2001, 01:27 PM   #43
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

So which ones you Mavinator?

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 01:41 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

thekid, that goes all the way around.
if eisley steps up huge, then finley could possibly have an off day.
that goes all the way around,
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 05:02 PM   #45
TheKid
Diamond Member

Some people are irreplacable though with people on this roster, I think Nash is replaceable. Dirk and Fin are not.
Old 05-14-2001, 05:37 PM   #46
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I'm the sexy guy with glasses, second from the left...

I know someone who's particularly irreplaceable, but I won't mention any names.
Old 05-14-2001, 06:28 PM   #47
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, you need to eat something, mavinator!

now i know why he likes bradley so much. they must have the same eating habits. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2001, 06:34 PM   #48
Mavinator
Golden Member

Hahah... I've never been able to put on any weight. High metabolism rate...
Old 05-14-2001, 06:40 PM   #49
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Check out SkinnyGuy.net. It's pretty inspiring stuff! I just put together a new five-day routine..I totally need to get in better shape and get ready for those trainer certification exams.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 06:49 PM   #50
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

my brother is the same way. he only recently (about a year ago, and he's 24) started to put on weight because of beer.
Old 05-14-2001, 06:50 PM   #51
Mavinator
Golden Member

Hahah... I'm just not sure I care enough...
Old 05-14-2001, 08:15 PM   #52
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Don't start putting on weight. I know from experience that when it starts, it never stops.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 08:19 PM   #53
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

haha.....I'm skinny like that too Mavinator [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 08:28 PM   #54
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

DAMN YOU ALL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 08:57 AM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

finely isn't unreplaceable.
their have been few players in the history of the nba that were unreplaceable, and finley isn't one of them, neither is dirk (not yet)
Old 05-15-2001, 09:12 AM   #56
TheKid
Diamond Member

For the type of alley ball the Mavs play, there are few players in the NBA who can play that type.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:16 AM   #57
Murphy3
Guru

what kind of ball is that?
one good game, one bad game, one good game, one bad game?
Old 05-15-2001, 09:22 AM   #58
TheKid
Diamond Member

No run and gun. Not many players are accustomed to that type of basketball. You all talk about bring Houston here, he would HORRIBLE for this offense!!!! Not to mention, think about the minutes Finley and Dirk log with playing in this type of offense?? It would be TOUGH to find other players to fit that mold.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:40 AM   #59
Murphy3
Guru

finley is one of the few players on the team that is better in the half court set because he is a jumpshooter.
he's not as good at running and gunning as you give him credit for. he's not a good ball handler, nellie has even said that on numerous occasions.
he is a pretty good at running up and down the court, but i don't think that's finley's strength. finley likes the halfcourt game as well or better
Old 05-15-2001, 10:03 AM   #60
TheKid
Diamond Member

Obviously you don't pay much attention to Finley. He's much better at running and gunning, because it's normally on fast break and Nash is doing the ball handling. His greatest attribute is his athletism, not his jumpshooting. He's better at going to the basket when he has a full head of steam as opposed to creating off the dribble in a half court set. Also, his jumpshot is MUCH better on a pull up compared to him using dribble penetration to create his jumpshot. As we all know because of the number of fadaway jumpshots he takes in the half court set.

You're quite wrong there, he's MUCH better in the open court then half court. He would suck if he was limited to playing in solely a half court set. You take away his athletic ability and you have Allan Houston with a jumpshot not much better.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:42 AM   #61
Murphy3
Guru

actually, he's not that great in the open court.
he's pretty good, but his game is his jumpshot.
he lives and dies by it.
the mavs as a team are better running, but finley is as good in halfcourt.
right now, he might be the best on the team in the halfcourt.
don't be upset, it's not a knock towards finley.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:56 AM   #62
TheKid
Diamond Member

I'm not upset at all actually. I'm just amazed that you would think that. Do you know what his nick name was in Phoenix?? They called him Michael "Finish", because of the way he finished the break. Personally I believe he resorts to that jumpshot a lot because of his lack of ballhandling skills. He's only a good post up player, not great because he resorts to the fadeaway jumpshot. The only thing he does exceptional in the half court set up is when he gets isolated on one side of the court. That's only because he has room to work with. However in the open court, he's very good. Atleast from what I've seen he is. I think that's the greatest part of he, Dirk and Nash is that they operate in the open court well. There are very few people who can do that, for 42 minutes a game too.
Old 05-15-2001, 12:19 PM   #63
Murphy3
Guru

i don't know, i don't think he's great in the open court. he seems to make alot of poor decisions and he's not very good at dishing the ball in the open court.
Old 05-15-2001, 12:33 PM   #64
TheKid
Diamond Member

You're right, you have a point there. Only second on the team in assists, but really not good at dishing the ball, I see where you're coming from. Had a respectable 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio for a two guard, I can see where you're coming from. Makes since to me! Looking at that, I would say, yes, he makes terrible decisions.
Old 05-15-2001, 12:48 PM   #65
Murphy3
Guru

ah ha, now you see, i said i don't think he's good at dishing in the open court. but i think he's pretty good in the half court at dishing the ball, he just needs to work on passing out of double teams.

kid, you're not half bad for a guy that could argue with a brick wall
Old 05-15-2001, 12:50 PM   #66
TheKid
Diamond Member

You didn't get the sarcasm, but that's ok. It's cool with me, I guess you're trying to tell me the majority of his assists come from a half court set. Which makes since on a running team!! Yeah right!
Old 05-15-2001, 12:54 PM   #67
Murphy3
Guru

i caught your sarcasm, i just chose to disregard it.