Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #1
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough
Default So what do we think about Rashard Lewis?

It's scary but I'm posting my first thread here. Hopefully I've picked a good topic. I did a search and didn't see this being talked about really, at least recently.

he's a free agent, do you think he'd be a good pick up? I know he's expressed interest in living back home in TX and talked about the Mavs. I like his game. He's someone who can score in the paint but also hit the three. He's 40% from 3pt, over 45% from the floor, and about 85% FT. He had a good year for seattle, averaging roughly 22 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal a game. Alongside Allen, that's not bad at all. He's big at 6'10" but he may be the athletic type we need to contend with the Warriors, Suns, Nuggets. He can play the guard, forward, and even center at times so he could make for some very good lineups. What do you guys think?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Love to have him. Can't afford him.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #3
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Love to have him. Can't afford him.
ya that is obviously the question. I don't pay too much attention to salary's but also from what he's said, he would be interested in playing for Dallas, even if he doesn't make as much. Although it's hard to know how low he would go.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:05 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If he would take the MLE, we would gladly have him.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

howsabout we find a way to get chauncy billups here next season. he'll be a free agent. i don't know how we can afford him, but i'd say it's something we need to work on.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:43 AM   #6
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

i was thinking billups too but detroit says they will resign him for sure.
who says we cant afford him? he has an option of 10.1 mio for next year, thats only 500k more than stack had this year and stack is prolly leaving us.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:44 AM   #7
SeattleMavsFan

ya i was thinking billups too but I figured detroit would definately resign him. somebody I'd definately want to persue if possible though.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #8
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Rashard Lewis would be a veeeeeerry nice pick up but there is no way he just accepts the MLE in my opinion. He could definitely give us some size and athletecism.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

It's called leverage. Rashard talking about the mavs is an example of someone using it. He'll probably end up re-signing in Seattle for about the same money he's making now, just with extra years tacked on to the end.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20
i was thinking billups too but detroit says they will resign him for sure.
who says we cant afford him? he has an option of 10.1 mio for next year, thats only 500k more than stack had this year and stack is prolly leaving us.
Doesn't matter if Stack leaves or not. Mavs are still over the cap and thus limited to only being able to offer other team's free agents the MLE. Not to mention Josh Howard's extension kicks in so the money Stack is making this year is going to go to Howard next year.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
SeattleMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
It's called leverage. Rashard talking about the mavs is an example of someone using it. He'll probably end up re-signing in Seattle for about the same money he's making now, just with extra years tacked on to the end.
possibly. you make a good point though
Old 05-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

SNT is the only way to get him. Who would Seattle want that would get a max contract, because Rashard is going to get close to max.

<edit> And if I am Houston, I offer Seattle everything except TMac and Yao to get him. He gets close to home in Corpus, and Seattle could have picks, cash, and players.

*** From a Dallas standpoint, if they were to trade with Seattle, they would be better off taking RAllen than Rashard, because they need Allens skillset, but have most of Rashards in Howard. Terry is a native of Seattle, so he would have to be included in the Allen deal, but I don't think Seattle would make the deal if you didn't include Harris, Dirk, or Howard, which I wouldn't.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 05-03-2007 at 03:26 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:36 AM   #13
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

i wish we'd be rid of finleys monster contract on our salary cap...
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20
i wish we'd be rid of finleys monster contract on our salary cap...
Even without Finley's contract the Mavs would be over the cap. And you'll get your wish next year since it is the final year that Finley's contract counts against us.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:27 AM   #15
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to have Lewis but we ain't going to get him.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #16
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

So let's say we somehow pull off a S&T for Lewis--sending Seattle native Jason Terry to the Sonics. I think Seattle might make that deal without us giving up anyone else, if their other option is losing Lewis to FA without anything in return. We then have a starting lineup of:

C Diop/Damp
PF Dirk
SF Lewis
SG J-Ho
PG Devin

We have to re-work the bench, but we have to do that anyway. Figure Stack & Cro are gone, George's return is questionable...suddenly our bench has become Buckner, Ager, Barea, MBenga, Pops, and whichever center isn't starting. That is NOT a deep bench, nor one that can provide any offense at all. Obviously have to go after someone with the MLE.

We get bigger at both SF and SG, add another deep threat in Lewis, and solve the small backcourt issue. Lewis is just as good a shooter as Terry, so we don't really lose the outside threat in giving Terry up.

I actually really like this deal.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #17
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
So let's say we somehow pull off a S&T for Lewis--sending Seattle native Jason Terry to the Sonics. I think Seattle might make that deal without us giving up anyone else, if their other option is losing Lewis to FA without anything in return.
Except Seattle HAS a shooting guard already - Ray Allen. They aren't going to commit 25M to one position.

If we could get BOTH guys, then I'd add Howard to the trade.

Allen/Lewis for Howard/JET

WOW what a trade!
Old 05-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
Except Seattle HAS a shooting guard already - Ray Allen. They aren't going to commit 25M to one position.

WOW what a trade!
I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #19
SeattleMavsFan

i'd do that in a heartbeat too but why would the sonics?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #20
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

if we could somehow do a S&T with Stackhouse (packaged with Terry) for Lewis and Watson, that would be wonderful. Terry goes back home, Lewis goes back home, Harris gets to take over, and Watson is a great backup. maybe Ager could be the sixth man.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #21
DarenG

DarenG will become famous soon enough

Rashard is too much like Howard. I don't know if that would work. I would rather they go out and get a legit PG or a legit post up player. If you get Dirk a legit post up player that can draw double teams, then you can't double dirk. Not to mention that one of the reasons the Mavs have been so good is because of defense. Lewis is a poor defender.

Last edited by DarenG; 05-04-2007 at 12:49 PM.
DarenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:19 PM   #22
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

WOW what a trade!
Maybe we could take a bad contract back from them. Maybe Danny Fortson is the low post player we've been missing. Maybe they want to have an undersized 2 as their PG like we did this year, we won 67 games after all...

ah, well, we have months ahead of trying to remake this team. frustration level is super high right now, I'm sure the trade & draft board is going to be very active for the next few weeks.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:31 PM   #23
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
i'd do that in a heartbeat too but why would the sonics?
To balance the trade we'd have to throw in Buckner so we can't take another contract back. Plus Fortson is a FA.

Pros for the Sonics: they would save about $6M a year in salary and they would get excellent value for Lewis. Plus they would add a VERY popular player in Terry which would help them draw more fans and maybe gain enough popularity to get that new stadium deal.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #24
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:

WOW what a trade!
Co-sign.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #25
bobatundi
Golden Member

Quote:
To balance the trade we'd have to throw in Buckner so we can't take another contract back. Plus Fortson is a FA.

Pros for the Sonics: they would save about $6M a year in salary and they would get excellent value for Lewis. Plus they would add a VERY popular player in Terry which would help them draw more fans and maybe gain enough popularity to get that new stadium deal.
was definitely joking about Fortson.

what about the trade exception we gained in the AJ to Atlanta trade? Terry + trade exception + 25% has to be pretty close to max money.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #26
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
what about the trade exception we gained in the AJ to Atlanta trade? Terry + trade exception + 25% has to be pretty close to max money.
Forgot about the trade exception - good call.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:45 PM   #27
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMavsFan
It's scary but I'm posting my first thread here. Hopefully I've picked a good topic. I did a search and didn't see this being talked about really, at least recently.

he's a free agent, do you think he'd be a good pick up? I know he's expressed interest in living back home in TX and talked about the Mavs. I like his game. He's someone who can score in the paint but also hit the three. He's 40% from 3pt, over 45% from the floor, and about 85% FT. He had a good year for seattle, averaging roughly 22 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal a game. Alongside Allen, that's not bad at all. He's big at 6'10" but he may be the athletic type we need to contend with the Warriors, Suns, Nuggets. He can play the guard, forward, and even center at times so he could make for some very good lineups. What do you guys think?
Getting Rashad is like getting another Dirk type player. It does us no good to get that type of player with this team. All Lewis does is live around the 3 point line like a 2 guard. He has never showed up in the playoffs as well. So we in essence, just add another bomber to the squad of bombers....

I think the biggest addition for the Mavs is KG. What he brings on offense/defense, experience, lion-heart and pure heart is priceless. On top of that you give him the motive to win a title right now. I could not imagine what he would do. MN gave him something similar that one year with Cassel and Spree. But I feel the Mavs pieces are alot more than that team had. Remember that year for MN and KG? KG here is priceless.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #28
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG
Rashard is too much like Howard. I don't know if that would work. I would rather they go out and get a legit PG or a legit post up player. If you get Dirk a legit post up player that can draw double teams, then you can't double dirk. Not to mention that one of the reasons the Mavs have been so good is because of defense. Lewis is a poor defender.
Rashard is NOTHING like Howard. Not even close. Rashard is NOT agressive, plays poor defense and only take 3 point shots.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:00 AM   #29
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Wouldn't mind a sign and trade for JET if it's to get Rashard. That's the only player I'd be willing to part with JET for this offseason (remotely realistic player, anyway).

Last edited by StackAttack; 05-05-2007 at 12:10 AM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta say, I'm not so sure Rashard is what this team needs either.

He's a nice player, but if we bring in a significant player, I need for that player to also bring a better mindset, be the emotional leader of this team.

For most of this season I thought it was ok for Avery to be the emotional leader of this team, but that's been proven false.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #31
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I gotta say, I'm not so sure Rashard is what this team needs either.

He's a nice player, but if we bring in a significant player, I need for that player to also bring a better mindset, be the emotional leader of this team.

For most of this season I thought it was ok for Avery to be the emotional leader of this team, but that's been proven false.
gotta agree here. lewis by all accounts is softer than charmin. allen is old and we need more athleticism at the 2 spot, not less.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #32
DelNegro

Quote:
was definitely joking about Fortson.

Trade exceptions don't work that way. You can't combine the value of a players salary together with your trade exception to acquire a more expensive player. All the trade exception does is allow the Mavs to acquire a player whose contract fits within the value of the exception without having to worry about the whole matching salary bit.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #33
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
Wouldn't mind a sign and trade for JET if it's to get Rashard. That's the only player I'd be willing to part with JET for this offseason (remotely realistic player, anyway).
Cant take JET away. He is our most consistent guard and ONLY true zone buster. Teams would just pack it in on our entire team. They would jsut set in our lap and dare us to shoot.

Rather we want to admit it or not, I think that Dirk is on the biggest hot seat. I think that Avery has lost confidence in Dirk. Not only that, I think the Mavs team lost confidence in Dirk. Couple this together, and I see KG coming here..
Old 05-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #34
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

^Wrong. Dirk will stay, much to your disappointment.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:19 AM   #35
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
^Wrong. Dirk will stay, much to your disappointment.
If Dirk stays, it will be MUCH to MOST peoples disappointment. If I was to take a poll here in Dallas, it would be about 90% in favor of getting rid of Dirk and adding KG. I think us fans in Dallas knows the Mavs a little better than most. The temperature here says Dirk MUST go.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:53 AM   #36
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

There is NO way 90% of Mavs fans what Dirk to be traded, I would put big money on it being the exact opposite.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:43 AM   #37
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
it would be about 90% in favor of getting rid of Dirk
90% of bandwagon, fine-weather, knee-jerking fans, sure

It's so easy to forget that Dirk is the main reason why the Mavs had so much success over the last 7 years or so in the first place. After all, he's the only thing that hasn't changed for the Mavs during these successful times.

I am sure that more T'Wolves fans want KG to go than Mavs fans want Dirk to go.

I think Dirk would do just fine in Minnesota, probably bringing the franchise to new heights, while KG would bring the Mavs down with his nice regular season stats and bad playoff karma.

Good Luck!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 05-06-2007 at 05:44 AM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:47 AM   #38
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Dirk is the best thing that has ever happened to this franchise. Trading him would be the worst thing to the franchise.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #39
TruthbHeard

TruthbHeard is infamous around these parts
Default sory

No way this town is tired of players that can only play offense, hes not better then dirk, if we want a championship (AND WE NEED ONE) We need a player equal or better then Dirk, trading dirk is alway an option.
TruthbHeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:15 AM   #40
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Wow if we had Dirk and KG it would be insanity. We could set up shop like Utah. Have our center grab rebounds with the ability to rove around and hit jumpers (Dirk). Before everyone freaks out, just because Dirk would be a 5 in this scenario, doesnt mean he has to play like a 5. Think Okur. Our PF (KG) would be a banger/scorer/defender.

What would we have to give to get KG? Our first born? Could we get it done with Howard/Terry/Draft Pick? Then we sign Kidd as a FA?

This is probably impossible (because of cost). I don't fully understand how the caps work so bare with me.

Here is another idea that is kind of radical. I really don't want to trade Dirk but lets just examine the possibility. And obviously the Mavs will never trade Dirk so this is just hypothetical.

What about Dirk/Terry for Garnett/Davis? Then sign Kidd.

PG: Kidd
SG: Davis
SF: Howard
PF: Garnett
C: Diop

In all reality though, I think a push to get Kidd or Ford in here and sign a low post threat (or use the offseason to develop Diop offensively and include him more in the offense) would be most beneficial and obtainable. This probably means we lose Harris and/or Terry.

It also might go down that they target Kidd or J. O'Neal. If they get Kidd they develop Diop into the offense. If they get JON then they turn the reigns over to Harris and hope he can learn to stay out of foul trouble.

Last edited by MascisMan; 05-11-2007 at 10:05 AM.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote