Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-08-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Houston's New Logo

I can't decide if it is better than the old one (which I hated, BTW).

It looks like wet paint.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2003, 05:54 PM   #2
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

I love it, it looks futuristic, and would look great on a ball cap.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Houston's New Logo

that's not bad. definitely better than the old one. it is pretty simple, but feels futuristic.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:58 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I can see it on a hat, but I can't see it on a jersey. Still, it reminds me of wet paint.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 07-08-2003, 05:58 PM   #5
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

the logo doesn't have to go on the jersey, does it?
Old 07-08-2003, 05:59 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'd rock it on a new era cap but I hope they plan on having some kind of background for that. It looks gothic-like to me.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:02 PM   #7
Tony tha Mavs fan

If you turn it sideways it kinda looks like a rocket. I don't think this will go on the jerseys, but i like it, much better than the old one.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:02 PM   #8
NYMavFan

NYMavFan is on a distinguished road

It has a bit of an asian feel to it. The edges seem to imply a Chinese character.

No doubt influenced by Yao's presence.
NYMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:02 PM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I'd rock it on a new era cap but I hope they plan on having some kind of background for that. It looks gothic-like to me.

It reminds me of the black "Quake" logo hats you see around.

Old 07-08-2003, 06:15 PM   #10
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I think I like it. It's an improvement anyway. From ESPN regarding the new unis:

The new design, which is still in the works, will feature a still-unannounced color scheme possibly featuring dashes of silver, white and black. A new scheme would be the franchise's fourth, following green-and-gold, red-and-gold and the current red-white-and-blue.

Gone will be the pinstripes or the needle-nosed cartoon rocket that have been on the team's uniforms since 1995, prompting Charles Barkley to compare the look to that of a clown suit.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:20 PM   #11
Tony tha Mavs fan

Silver White and Black? SPURS COLORS?
Old 07-08-2003, 07:47 PM   #12
cookies_n_mavs

cookies_n_mavs is on a distinguished road

Silver white and black have already been claimed by another Texas team...

Anything is better than the uniform they have right now though.

That new logo reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:58 PM   #13
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

That's a cool logo. I hope they don't put the number up by the right shoulder, it just looks ugly.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:45 PM   #14
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Very good logo. It's a rocket, it's kind of shuttle with two enginees (rockets) taking off, maybe rounded by smoke or stream, or a ring (Saturn). And the "R" and "H, course. It's cool.

But it's true, hard to match it with colors and gear.

However, this changes tend to motivate teams (and fans) for new times.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:16 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything is better than the old logo. That just sucked. Baby steps. By ten years from now maybe they will have a decent logo.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 01:07 AM   #16
one long blue sock
Golden Member

one long blue sock will become famous soon enough

They should have worn the throwbacks.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:19 AM   #17
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

If the color schemes are possibly Black/Silver/White, why is the logo Red?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 02:59 AM   #18
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

well, the exact words are that the uniform will feature a "still-unannounced color scheme possibly featuring dashes of silver, white and black." so maybe the main color is red with dashes of silver, black, and white.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:54 PM   #19
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

First off Wassssssssuuuuuuuppppppppppppp to all of you guys. I'm new here as you can tell

With that out of the way, I do know that there new threads will be dark red (color called Pantone, used by Tampa Bay Bucs), Platinum and Black. World reknown fashion designer Eiko Ishioka came up with the logo and Uniforms. She is well known for her dark and mysterious designs. She has won numerous Oscar's in the past for work she did on "the Cell" with J-Lo and Bram Stoker's Dracula. I guess this explains the Rockets new logo's demonic and almost-satanic look.

There wont be any giant letter "R" logo on the chest as rumored in the past. From what I've heard from officials with NBA Properties (who runs the show when it comes to uni's designs) the uni's will be a clash between the Warriors and the Denver Broncos threads. But it wont be too buzy like the Pajama's they used to have. Its is said to be a very sleek and simple design. What caused a delay in the uniforms process was the fact that Eiko came up with six sketches for the uni's and the gang at NBA Properties all had a hard time choosing which one to go with because they were as one official called it...."way cool." In fact, the five sketches done by Eiko for the Rockets that were NOT picked, were kept for possible use by other teams getting new uniforms in the future. I got all this info from Sportsbussinessnews.com and numerous other insider sites with a proven track record. And yes I pay the subscription fee to get insider info.

BTW, Although I despise and hate the Rockets with a passion for stealing my beloved Knicks title in 94', I have to hand it to them this time, That logo is flat out awesome. Probably the best in the league.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:09 PM   #20
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

It's better than the old one, but I'm still not sold on this one yet either.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:31 PM   #21
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough

Oh BTW, the WHOLE DAMN WORLD was late on catching an early sneek peek at the logo. The Rockets new logo apparently debuted on Sunday July 6th on MTV's "Who's got Game" with Magic Johnson. MTV's "Nick" wore a grey shirt with the logo plastered on the front and the number 3 and Francis on the back. But no one in the world noticed it until 3 days later when the logo was unveiled. Those sneaky bastards, how dare them.