Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-12-2006, 12:37 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dooling levels Allen

Did anyone see this? I saw the highlights and it looked like both had been bumping each other in the 3-4 previous trips. I've read that Dooling was the instigator but Allen was the first to throw the elbow and run to the other side of the court. Dooling follows and just levels him to the ground. Bulldozed him. Allen got up and they tangled and eventually fell into the first row of people while Allen is taking swings at him. Both were ejected and Dooling followed Allen into the tunnel but security got him before anything else happened.

Allen, Dooling ejected for fighting

January 11, 2006

SEATTLE (AP) -- Seattle SuperSonics guard Ray Allen and Orlando's Keyon Dooling were ejected for fighting during the second quarter of Wednesday night's game.

Allen and Dooling got into a scuffle with 10:53 left in the second quarter and Seattle holding a 33-24 lead.

After Orlando's Jameer Nelson missed, Allen pulled down the rebound and replays showed that he caught a glancing blow in the chin from Dooling forearm.

At the other end of the floor, the two collided as Seattle ran a set play and Allen appeared to give Dooling a short elbow to the chest before running along the baseline. Dooling went running at Allen and pushed him to the ground. Allen got up and tackled Dooling into the first row of seats along the sideline and onto some fans. The two briefly scuffled and television replays showed Dooling throwing a punch at Allen that did not connect. The two were eventually separated with Orlando's Stacey Augmon pulling Allen away from Dooling.

Underneath the stands, Dooling briefly ran toward the Sonics locker room and was seen yelling at Allen, but team officials and police kept the two apart.

Dooling was scoreless in three minutes of play, while Allen had just one point in eight minutes.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:21 AM   #2
Milles

Milles will become famous soon enoughMilles will become famous soon enough

I saw it. Had the Seattle broadcast. The fisrt contact looked accidental, but got Ray worked up a bit. When Ray was trying to get free of Dooling he stopped dead in his tracks and Dooling leveled him. (Violet Palmer in the vicinity) Ray was trying to get up, Dooling was standing over him, not giving him any space to get up. (Violet Palmer in the vicinity) Ray finally got up, and shoved Dooling into the stands. (Violet Palmer in the vicinity) At that point the scrum ensued, whistles blown, it was funny to watch Palmer head towards the players and then back track. Ray was really ticked, will probably have a game or two to cool down.

I was surprised that Danny Fortnam was not involvled, I know he had a suit on, but still we are talking about Danny.

Last edited by Milles; 01-12-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Milles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:52 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

why couldnt this happen to Kobe or T-mac? I don't mind Allen at all and Seattle is sucking as t is.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:01 AM   #4
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Ray Allen is one of my favorit NBA players, an intelligent person and a cool guy, shame that he's got to act like that. I just don't get it. Why?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:09 AM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I only saw the ESPN clip, so I can't speak for any elbowing/contact that occured previous to the fight, but Dooling certainly seemed to be the aggressor. I'm not sure you can blame Allen for fighting back...I would want my guy to fight back.

I may change my mind if I see a better clip, but that's my assessment for now.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-12-2006 at 09:10 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

ray ray has one of the worst tempers in the league

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:21 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

5 game suspension for Dooling and 3 for Allen.