Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all
Default AI Trade rumor Chris Broussard, ESPN Insider

As for Dallas, I'm hearing from league execs that the Mavericks are willing to part with Jerry Stackhouse, Austin Croshere and Devin Harris. Stackhouse and Croshere have expiring contracts, so you're looking at Harris for Iverson.

That's not a bad deal for Philly, considering the Sixers should have a high draft pick based on their own futility this season. So if they can get a big man in the draft -- Greg Oden, Kevin Durant or Joakim Noah -- and put him next to Harris, Andre Iguodala, Sammy Dalembert, Rodney Carney and Kyle Korver, you're talking about a decent young team. You've got your point guard, your 7-footer, your athletic swing, your shooter and you're athletic shot blocker in S.D.

Dallas, on the other hand, would be as explosive as any club in the league. I believe Dirk Nowitzki could play next to A.I. because Dirk can catch and shoot. He doesn't need the ball in his hands a lot to produce big-time offense.

Jason Terry can also catch and shoot, so A.I. could handle the rock a lot and then kick out to Dirk and J.T. for buckets.

Plus, a lot of folks around the league think Dallas, as currently constructed, blew its chance to win a ring by dropping that 2-0 lead to Miami. So they may need to spice things up a bit.

Can Avery and A.I. coexist? Good question. A.I. has driven every coach he's had crazy, including his friend Maurice Cheeks.

Avery's as tough as they come. But so is A.I.

Maybe with a ring within eyeshot, A.I. would do the right thing.

If anyone's willing to take that risk, it's Mark Cuban. Or Joe Maloof.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote