Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-26-2007, 11:21 AM   #1
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default NFL safety Sean Taylor shot

Quote:
Redskins safety Sean Taylor shot in Florida, in critical condition

By MATT SEDENSKY, Associated Press Writer
November 26, 2007

AP - Nov 26, 10:42 am EST
More Photos

MIAMI (AP) -- Washington Redskins star safety Sean Taylor was in critical condition after he was shot at his Florida home Monday, police said.

Officers were dispatched to Taylor's home at about 1:45 a.m. He was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta said. He didn't know what part of his body was injured.

Taylor's family asked that no information about his condition be released, hospital spokeswoman Lorraine Nelson said.

Taylor has a home in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay that he bought two years ago. The 24-year-old player is in his fourth season with the Redskins after playing at the University of Miami, where he was an All-American in 2003. He leads the team with five interceptions but has missed the last two games because of a knee injury.

Taylor has been in trouble numerous times since he was drafted as the No. 5 overall pick in 2004. He has been fined at least seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006. He also was fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium shortly after he was drafted.

Redskins coaches and players have defended Taylor, saying he was smart and misunderstood. Taylor has been slow let anyone into his inner circle. He has rarely spoken to reporters, saying he does not trust them. Teammates said he became more mature over the last year after he became a father for the first time.

In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man and repeatedly hitting him during a fight that broke out after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles.

Taylor reached a deal with prosecutors last year after they agreed to drop felony charges against him. He pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in the assault case and was sentenced to 18 months probation. The pleas prompted another fine from the NFL but kept his football career intact.

He also was ordered to talk about the importance of education at 10 Miami schools and had to contribute $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools.

The man Taylor allegedly hit, Ryan Hill, sued, seeking at least $15,000 in damages. Hill sustained bruises to his body, incurred medical expenses and lost wages because of the fight, the lawsuit said.

Associated Press writers Jessica Gresko and Joseph White contributed to this report.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #2
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

He always seemed like a guy hanging with the wrong crowd. Hopefully, he makes a recovery and gets his life in order.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Yeah, obviously it's premature to make any judgments, but these types of things tend to happen if you don't make smart decisions. Like the first poster said, I hope he makes a recovery and changes his life.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Did he shoot himself? or what?

edit: nope.....

Quote:
A source said Taylor was shot on the inside of his leg during a home invasion involving "one or maybe more: individuals. The bullet pierced Taylor's femoral artery, causing him to get rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.
That sucks.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-26-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

that really sucks.. he was having an unbelievable year

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #6
FINtastic
Diamond Member

No kidding, he was definitely playing some good football and establishing himself as one of the top safeties in the game.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

my first reaction was to laugh and yell "woo hoo", at the redskins fans in my office.

then i realized it was a home invasion, with a few robbery suspects, i felt bad, so i retracted my statement.

i figured he was just at home playing with his guns.

also, taylor us struggling to live..lets hope he at least lives through this tragic ordeal.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

link about his condition?

Contact Me
Old 11-26-2007, 03:26 PM   #9
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

he is described as having "his life hanging in the balance", and there is a non-negligible chance that he has already suffered permanent brain damage due to the copious amounts of blood he lost.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redsk.../?hpid=topnews

Last edited by mcsluggo; 11-26-2007 at 03:27 PM.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #10
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

espn.com

profootballtalk.com

front page stuff fellas.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #11
alby
Guru

damn. =[

Contact Me
Old 11-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #12
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

wow. I can't believe he died. You'd think that someone shot in the LEG would live if they made it to the hosital, and then lived for 12+ hours...

like I said: just wow.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Criminals make me sick. A 24 year old father and husband needs to die, because you're too lazy to get a job. This is why we need to go back to public executions.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #14
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Criminals make me sick. A 24 year old father and husband needs to die, because you're too lazy to get a job. This is why we need to go back to public executions.
There's actually reports now that this was a planned attack, not a robbery at all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #15
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
wow. I can't believe he died. You'd think that someone shot in the LEG would live if they made it to the hosital, and then lived for 12+ hours...

like I said: just wow.
Something piercing your femoral artery is generally a very bad thing.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #16
MavsX
Diamond Member

sad day.

yeah i guess his phone lines were cut at his house.

also did you guys here there was a break in 8 days before this?, they searched through some drawers and left a kitchen butcher knife on his bed...maybe that was a sign?
Old 11-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #17
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Man - that is just terrible. RIP Sean.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #18
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Reports are that investigators are looking into possible links between this shooting (now a murder) and Taylor's armed confrontation a couple of years ago with some people from a nearby "depressed neighborhood" whom he accused of stealing his all-terrain vehicles. In that incident, Taylor and some armed cohorts assaulted the people they accused, and later that night, Taylor's SUV was sprayed with AK-47 gunfire in retaliation. Taylor was charged with felony assault and battery and later pled guilty to reduced charges.

Sure hate to see the loss of life, but he sure seemed to walk close to the line (and occasionally cross it), both personally and professionally.

So where's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson now?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 PM   #19
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

What does Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have to do with this situation? Black athletes have died before due to gun wounds and they've never come out to say a thing.

This is sad news. I'm shocked to the point I still can't believe its true. I'll just say though I don't buy this story about a attempted robbery. I don't really care for the reasoning to be honest but this story is going to unravel soon and I have a strong feeling its not going to be a story about a innocent man being killed during a robbery attempt. It seems though since his child has came to this world he's changed his lifestyle. There are some sick people in this world. This is why people want to make gun laws and I agree. Stupid people should never have a chance to buy guns.

Wait, you mean to tell me just a week ago someone attempted to rob Taylor and left a knife on his bed? Wtf? Did the police think that was just common for stuff like that to happen?

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 11-27-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #20
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
What does Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have to do with this situation? Black athletes have died before due to gun wounds and they've never come out to say a thing.

This is sad news. I'm shocked to the point I still can't believe its true. I'll just say though I don't buy this story about a attempted robbery. I don't really care for the reasoning to be honest but this story is going to unravel soon and I have a strong feeling its not going to be a story about a innocent man being killed during a robbery attempt. It seems though since his child has came to this world he's changed his lifestyle. There are some sick people in this world. This is why people want to make gun laws and I agree. Stupid people should never have a chance to buy guns.

Wait, you mean to tell me just a week ago someone attempted to rob Taylor and left a knife on his bed? Wtf? Did the police think that was just common for stuff like that to happen?

I agree with everything you wrote except the bolded part. Why do you think that the stupid person who did this bought the gun legally. Laws effect legality, not reality. See drugs in this country.

Sean Taylor probably would have shot the intruder, except he didn't have a gun because he was trying to change his life, and his conviction didn't allow for him to legally own one. That is why he brandished the machete from what I have heard.

Sad to hear either way, and my prayers go out to his family.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #21
MavsX
Diamond Member

i plan on buying a handgun one day. I don't think i need to yet, because i live in a real nice condo..i want to wait till i have a house or something..

then im going to start packing heat.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:31 PM   #22
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pre-fuckin'-cisely.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #23
alby
Guru

very sad. I just heard. =[

Contact Me
Old 11-27-2007, 05:07 PM   #24
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Pre-fuckin'-cisely.
So you believe Sharpton and Jesse Jackson should speak on situations like athletes getting murdered rather than race relations?

Quote:
I agree with everything you wrote except the bolded part. Why do you think that the stupid person who did this bought the gun legally. Laws effect legality, not reality. See drugs in this country.
Well you're right chances are the gun was obtained illegally. I guess i'm trying to say is we need to make it harder to obtain guns in this country legally and illegally. We definately need harsher laws concerning guns obtained illegally. But even then it wouldn't stop people from obtaining guns. Not sure what the answer is but I do know that these senseless deaths are getting worse by the day.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #25
MavsX
Diamond Member

^ oh god, here we go again!
Old 11-27-2007, 05:22 PM   #26
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well you're right chances are the gun was obtained illegally. I guess i'm trying to say is we need to make it harder to obtain guns in this country legally and illegally. We definately need harsher laws concerning guns obtained illegally. But even then it wouldn't stop people from obtaining guns. Not sure what the answer is but I do know that these senseless deaths are getting worse by the day.
Absolutely agree.

Right now though, I'll take my chances of me and my guns being able to defend myself and my family, than me depending on any laws or government law enforcement agents who most likely will not be where I would need them to be.

I don't know the answer myself, but I know if you outlaw guns -- only law abiding people don't have guns then. You basically take away a persons ability to defend themselves and then more peoples lives are put at risk.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 11-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #27
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Exactly, I get the feeling from the information that this story presents (that it was a planned attack) that we are dealing with suspects who wouldn't really be hindered by gun control laws. This sounds like some gang/organized crime unit/group of friends wanted a revenge killing, and for people in these, an firearm would likely not be hard to obtain regardless of whether or not it was legal. It's similar to rampant drug use in a country where it is illegal to do so. You can outlaw something you don't like, but the black market will always make sure that thing is in supply.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-27-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #28
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

sad story~~~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #29
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Quote:
So you believe Sharpton and Jesse Jackson should speak on situations like athletes getting murdered rather than race relations?
I think they should address social concerns like inner city violence, and the elimination of high achievers within the community that they purport to represent; that they should be honest enough to acknowledge that black-on-black crime results in a hell of a lot more loss of life than situations like Jena, LA. Why not conduct a protest march through the "depressed neighborhoods" whence the killer(s) likely came?

But that kind of truth doesn't attract media or extort corporate or municipal dollars, and would in fact probably erode some of their political support within those same "depressed neighborhoods".
Old 11-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #30
dalmations202
Diamond Member

I keep reading speculation that people think it was a planned killing. I doubt it.

I doubt it because he was shot in the leg. I think someone was sending a message about something from his past, or someone wanted something he refused to give up. If his girlfriend wasn't the one who shot him, then why else would you shoot someone in the leg? If you wanted him dead, then why wouldn't you take one more shot to the head or chest?

Burglary? Maybe if you thought he had something of value, like a combination to a safe. More likely to be something more though, or else they probably would have killed all of them to cover their tracks.

Just a guess, but I don't think the attackers wanted him to die. They just wanted him to hurt.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:58 PM   #31
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

This is a sad story, however there most likely is much more to it. It is alarming the number of athletes in trouble or involved in incidents lately. I hate to say this but after hearing about Taylors life you kind of reap what you sow. He seemed to run with the wrong crowd and it finally caught up with him. He had an infant though and that is what makes this story tradgeic
Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 AM   #32
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
^ oh god, here we go again!
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29740

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:03 AM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg

i hate that thread.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:31 AM   #34
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

I think most people in USA hate the fact that it´s already to late to get a handle on the weapons-abuse-problem. It seems it´s a mentality problem.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Sharpton and Jackson should go get a hotel room and suck each other off every time they get the urge to attempt to benefit from the loss of someone else...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #36
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I think Sharpton and Jackson should go get a hotel room and suck each other off every time they get the urge to attempt to benefit from the loss of someone else...

bravo!
Old 12-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #37
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The Redskins lined up for their first defensive possession with 10 men on the field.

I'm not a Redskins fan, but seeing them deal with their loss really tugged on my heart strings today.

My heart goes out to Taylor's family and teammates.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #38
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
The Redskins lined up for their first defensive possession with 10 men on the field.

I'm not a Redskins fan, but seeing them deal with their loss really tugged on my heart strings today.

My heart goes out to Taylor's family and teammates.
Yeah, it was kind of sad seeing that one player (#27) who had his head in his hands, and I'm guessing he was crying. That was hard to take, especially how the loss happened. You knew that there was nothing more than they wanted to win one for Taylor, and to lose on a penalty like that must have been real rough for that team.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 12-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #39
MavsX
Diamond Member

i hope these bastard kids burn in hell.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3140889

MIAMI -- The 17-year-old suspect in the death of Sean Taylor was accused Tuesday of firing the shot that killed the Washington Redskins safety.

A Miami-Dade grand jury identified Eric Rivera as the gunman in its indictment.

Rivera and his three co-defendants were indicted by the grand jury on charges of first-degree felony murder and armed burglary.

[+] Enlarge
Mitchell, Wardlow, and Hunte

AP Photo/Lynn Sladky

Jason Mitchell, Charles Wardlow and Venjah Hunte (from left) were denied bail after appearing separately before a judge via a video link.

Charles Wardlow, 18; Jason Mitchell, 19; and Venjah Hunte, 20; were ordered held without bail during brief court appearances via a videoconference from Miami-Dade County jail. The three, who stood silently during the hearing, will remain at the jail under suicide watch after Judge John Thornton Jr.'s ruling.

Rivera, still in custody in Fort Myers, was expected to be transported to Miami-Dade on Tuesday night and make a court appearance Wednesday. One of his attorneys said the grand jury's identification of Rivera as the gunman was expected.

"This does not come as a surprise," said Sawyer Smith, who along with his father Wilbur represents Rivera.

The 24-year-old Taylor died Nov. 27, a day after he was shot in the bedroom of his home. Police have said he was a victim of a botched burglary.

"I think he's in disbelief over what occurred," said Wilbur Smith. "His expression to me was that 'I can't believe this kind of thing happened.'"

Asked how he would defend his client, Wilbur Smith said simply: "Stay tuned."

Attorneys said the four young men were agitated.

"He's very distraught," said Hunte's attorney, Michael Hornung. "He's scared."

Hornung offered glimpses of his client's possible involvement. He said Hunte was the only suspect with a valid driver's license and behind the wheel at least part of the time. He said Hunte did not have a gun and did not know his friends' plans.

"Just a bunch of friends that evening said they were going to the East Coast, and he went along," Hornung said. "He had no idea whatsoever what was going on."

Hunte is cooperating with police, his attorney said, and would tell them everything he knows.

Probable cause affidavits for Mitchell and Rivera said the two confessed to participating in armed burglary. According to the reports, Mitchell and Rivera admitted entering the home and said someone had a gun and shot Taylor, but they didn't identify who. Police and attorneys also have said some of the young men confessed, though they wouldn't elaborate.

Wardlow's attorney, David Brener, did not return a phone message.

Wilbur and Sawyer Smith have said there is a fifth suspect, though police would not confirm that.

The court proceedings came a day after Taylor's funeral, which was held at a university arena and drew about 3,000 mourners. Among those attending were NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, 300 members of the Redskins organization and actor Andy Garcia, uncle of Taylor's girlfriend, Jackie Garcia.

Richard Sharpstein, Taylor's former attorney, said the athlete's family was grateful for police and prosecutors' work, but that it did little to lessen their loss.

"They're still grieving, and no amount of justice could ever replace Sean to them," Sharpstein said. "However, they'll support this prosecution and wish the state attorney the best in achieving the most severe punishment to these people."

Last edited by MavsX; 12-04-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #40
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

I'm not going to be as hard as everyone else is on these kids. They made a mistake. A mistake that cost Sean Taylor's life and more than likely their lives as well. Its unfortunate but those kids didn't go in there to kill Sean Taylor. I'm sure when they saw him they probably shitted in their pants and the result ended up being Sean Taylor being shot in the leg which ended up killing him. That being said, I hope they send them to a jail in DC. They wouldn't make it out there. These kids aren't killers or thugs. They're wannabe's who are going to end up in prison with real killers and thugs.