Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

View Poll Results: Should we trade for Rajon Rondo?
Yes, get Rondo at all costs. 12 29.27%
It depends what we give up. 26 63.41%
No, I don't want him at all. 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rondo?

Always been a fan. The modern day Jason Kidd.

Strong defender, still young, good value contract. Should pair well with Ellis. Obviously has recovery concerns but if he was 100% healthy, likely wouldn't be available.

Do we have what it takes? I think you start with Marion/1st/Larkin?

It actually unbalances our team some more but completes the backcourt. You still need a starting C and a shooter/defender at the 3.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Rondo's game is perfect for the PG position -- distribute, defend -- but I'm not sure how he'd fit on this team as currently constructed... The biggest problem being that Ellis is our primary ball handler and Rondo doesn't play very well off the ball (like, say, Calderon). And an even bigger problem than how he fits on the floor would be how he fits financially - especially with our desperate need for a legit center (they don't come cheap!)

I love Rondo as a player, but I just don't see him coming here without another major roster shakeup... And do we really want to see that for a third year in a row?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to add Rondo, but among potential suitors we really have just about the least to offer to Boston, since we can't really trade a future first-rounder right now. And as UD mentioned, it would mean we'd have to overhaul the entire roster outside of Dirk again. I think it'd be worth it, obviously, but that's much easier said than done. I have a hard time finding a landing spot for Calderon (who we'd almost certainly have to move) and I tend to doubt the Celtics would be very interested in Ellis as our main trading piece... And we'd have to trade him at some point to make the roster work.

If the Celtics came to us tomorrow with any trade offer that didn't involve us trading Dirk, I'd jump all over it. The only problem is, it's hard to fathom a trade that suits Boston, here.

Side note: I would LOVE our future prospects if we could somehow land Rondo and Greg Monroe by this summer.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Love Rondo, just doesn't fit with Ellis. He'd actually be pretty decent with Calderon, because Calderon can make great hockey assists and is absolutely killer from three. We'd be small defensively at the guard position with a 6'1" guy and a 6'3" guy out there, but Rondo can guard PGs and SGs.

I just don't know what it would take and I'm also a little concerned with what is between Rondo's ears and how healthy he will be this year.

Still, if we could trade Ellis and spare parts for Rondo, pick up a stronger center this summer in free agency and a few younger guys like Crowder step up, that could be a decent playoff team. Rondo's been called a lockerroom cancer, but he's never played a game in his life at less than 100%.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
LionDallas

LionDallas is a jewel in the roughLionDallas is a jewel in the roughLionDallas is a jewel in the rough

No chances.

Rondo will stay in Boston for a long time.
LionDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Rondo has been my #1 PG target over the last few seasons, but I don't know if I'd trade Ellis for Rondo at this point - too many concerns over Rondo's health as the injuries have mounted in recent years... Plus, Dirk loves playing with Ellis - seems like we're already rolling with the safer bet.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-15-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Rondo has been my #1 PG target over the last few seasons, but I don't know if I'd trade Ellis for Rondo at this point - too many concerns over Rondo's health as the injuries have mounted in recent years... Plus, Dirk loves playing with Ellis - seems like we're already rolling with the safer bet.
I understand the concern with Rondo's injury history, but you have to admit that Rondo at his best is not only a lot better and more versatile than Ellis at his, but also possibly a top 10 player.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I understand the concern with Rondo's injury history, but you have to admit that Rondo at his best is not only a lot better and more versatile than Ellis at his, but also possibly a top 10 player.
Oh, I agree about Rondo - I'm not sure if I'd label him a "franchise player," but he could definitely be the centerpiece of a championship squad if you surrounded him with the right talent... But with the health concerns and the fact that you'd have to blow this team up to make him fit, I'm not sure if he's worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be elated if I woke up tomorrow to discover that Rondo was a Dallas Maverick - but I also see the wisdom in continuing to build around a Dirk/Ellis core.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-15-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Give up anything not German for Rondo.

I love how Ellis is fitting in, but I'd move him in a second for Rondo.

If the training staff gave him a thumbs up, I'm in!

He is a top tier player in this league. Don't get those easily.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #10
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

ellis+calderon for Rondo..where can i sign???
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #11
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Love Rondo, just doesn't fit with Ellis. He'd actually be pretty decent with Calderon, because Calderon can make great hockey assists and is absolutely killer from three. We'd be small defensively at the guard position with a 6'1" guy and a 6'3" guy out there, but Rondo can guard PGs and SGs.

I just don't know what it would take and I'm also a little concerned with what is between Rondo's ears and how healthy he will be this year.

Still, if we could trade Ellis and spare parts for Rondo, pick up a stronger center this summer in free agency and a few younger guys like Crowder step up, that could be a decent playoff team. Rondo's been called a lockerroom cancer, but he's never played a game in his life at less than 100%.
Actually Sports Guy is always going on about how Rondo just doesn't bother to show up for entire games and you can tell within the first 5 minutes if he is at all invested. Also garnered a rep as an overated at times downright blase defender. Obviously he's a hell of a playoff competitor(even though he was passive to the point of being detrimental in the Finals loss to the Lakers- he was also much younger then)

Last edited by mac222b; 01-15-2014 at 10:25 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:58 AM   #12
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas wish list...

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 11-25-2014 at 06:59 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #13
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Celtics wont trade him and rumours are he is looking for a max deal, means around 79/4 or around 100/5 from Boston.

No way we are able to free up that much cap. If Chandler signs for around 7-8m and we let Brandan to, stretch Felton...15m is the maximum. Could be enough for Dragic. He is gonna opt out next summer and good chances he doesnt stay there...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:57 AM   #14
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Bump. Rondo has been struggling. Given his injury history and the fact that the league is guard-rich, I really think we can pry him away.

Brandan Wright, Devin Harris, and 2 future 1st round picks?
Old 12-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #15
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Bump. Rondo has been struggling. Given his injury history and the fact that the league is guard-rich, I really think we can pry him away.

Brandan Wright, Devin Harris, and 2 future 1st round picks?
Thats ALOT to give up, in my estimate. id have to think long and hard just giving up the two 1st round picks. i don't think we include Devin in any deal and Brandon only if a legit backup4/5 comes back.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #16
spreedom
Diamond Member

I'm still a huge Rondo fan and would love to add him. There are still a lot of obstacles that make it very challenging for it to happen.

Roster composition - The only way we'd be able to get Rondo would be if we traded Ellis, and even if we did that, we'd certainly have to trade one of JJB, Nelson or Felton. Maybe easier said than done, especially with Felton.
Ellis - Like I said, if we trade for Rondo it would almost certainly cost us Ellis. Even if Rondo is a better player (and I think there are good arguments for both sides of that discussion) Ellis is a great fit next to Dirk, both from a skillset and a chemistry perspective. But Ellis' cheap deal also makes him by far the most valuable trade asset on the roster, and you also have to consider how poorly Ellis and Rondo would fit next to each other, since neither one has any sort of track record to speak of playing off the ball. Do we really want to totally overhaul our backcourt, especially if Rondo isn't a very clear upgrade?
Wright - Wright is probably the second most-valuable trade asset that would have any chance of moving (assuming Dirk, Parsons and Tyson are all off the table, which I would argue they should be), but if you trade him, you definitely need to get a quality backup center for him. I love Brandan, but he is much more valuable to the Mavs than he would be almost anywhere else.

I'm sure there are other obvious ones I'm forgetting, but you really probably have to clear all three of those hurdles to make a Rondo trade work, and on a 17-7 team I just don't know if it's worth doing. Maybe if the Mavs can clear some cap space this summer after re-signing Tyson (assuming Ellis opts out and doesn't return) then you can sign Rondo outright, but I think you're almost punting on this season if you add Rondo to a mix of guys he's never played with, taking into account the Mavs' current standing in the conference.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #17
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Rondo is an expiring contract, his trade value isnt that high...
Old 12-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #18
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Rondo is an expiring contract, his trade value isnt that high...
Rondo right now should realistically command a rotation player, a prospect and a first-round pick. Boston doesn't let him go for less than that. Why would they?
Old 12-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #19
spreedom
Diamond Member

Woj and Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports are reporting the Celtics are more open than ever to trade Rondo. Time to move in!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #20
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I think we'd have to compromise Parsons in a Rondo deal and that would be a long shot.
I don't see Boston having any interest in Ellis because they'd be gaining virtually nothing since Ellis would opt out.
We wouldn't gain that much either, if anything, because Ellis is a legit goto guy on our team.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:26 PM   #21
sefant77
Guru

Remember: Rondo is an UFA next summer. There is no way we are trading any bigger asset without him signing an extension straight after the trade.

And if Rondo is looking (like sources telling) for this big near max contract im not sure he would sign an extension.

Probably its something like Wright + two future 1st and the Mavs gambling that they are even after Dirk still a playoff team with Rondo/Ellis/Parsons....

And giving up Ellis or Parsons for Rondo doesnt make the team any better anyway.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-17-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #22
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I think Boston realizes they won't be getting very much in return at all by now. Teams know that they are just renting him and won't give up much. I really think any trade scenario we are offering does not include our main four of Tyson, Dirk, Parsons or Monta. Sounds like it would be something like a Nelson +1st round pick+???
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #23
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

giving up monta or parsons would be the worst deal in the history of the franchise, i think maybe jameer/felton/jefferson/greg smith
Old 12-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #24
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Anything other than the core 4 and ill be fine with that

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #25
Underdog

Any trade for Rondo that doesn't include one of our Big 4 would have to include Wright just to make the salaries work...So you're looking at Wright/Nelson or Wright/Felton as a STARTING point to get Rondo, then add picks/sweetener.

Seems like we might as well wait until this summer when he's a UFA, then negotiate hard with Chandler and Ellis to fit Rondo in.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #26
sefant77
Guru

Wright & Nelson & any minimum dude (Jae/Aminu/Smith) would make the salaries work.

Im fine with such a package...

And we would have bird rights for Rondo, Chandler and Ellis, so no problem to re-sign them all. I think thats the main point they are trying to trade for him, getting his bird rights. Getting 15m cap space next summer to run after Dragic or Rondo as FA would also mean to give up Wright and dump Nelson

Last edited by sefant77; 12-17-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #27
spreedom
Diamond Member

Assuming we had a conversation with Rondo/his agent and were confident in our chances of re-signing him this summer, I'd absolutely do a Wright+(Felton or Nelson)+1st+conditional/protected 1st type of package for Rondo. Like sefant mentioned, getting his Bird rights would be huge, and I'd prefer to get him into the organization now as opposed to rolling the dice that we'd be able to re-sign Chandler/Ellis and have any cap space left over to pursue Rondo.

I just don't know if Wright/Felton or Jameer/1st/conditional 1st gets the job done.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #28
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Celtics & Mavs in substantive discussions on deal that would send Rajon Rondo to Dallas for multiple picks/package of vets

ESPNSteinLine: Story going online details Celtics/Mavs talks in which Boston would get at least one first and blossoming center Brandan Wright for Rondo

ESPNSteinLine: Celtics ARE talking to other teams -- most notably Knicks and Kings -- but sources say most serious Rondo talks to date are with Mavericks
Old 12-17-2014, 11:29 PM   #29
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough
Default Celtics, Mavs talk Rajon Rondo swap

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...ks-trade-talks

do you want rajon rondo?
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #30
sefant77
Guru

I think the package with Wright and future 1st is kind of best case for Rondo, teams has to think about him like a rental, they cant give up too much. Specially not contending teams like Knicks etc.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #31
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future
Default Mavs want Rondo if the price is Wright

Quote:
Celtics, Mavs talk Rajon Rondo swap
Updated: December 17, 2014, 11:19 PM ET
By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

The Boston Celtics, after years of flirting with potential Rajon Rondo deals, are in substantive discussions on a trade that would send Rondo to the Dallas Mavericks, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Celtics and Mavericks have been discussing a swap that would furnish Boston with multiple draft picks -- including at least one future first-rounder -- as well as blossoming Mavericks center Brandan Wright and other players needed to make the salary-cap math work.

Sources say the Celtics also have been talking to teams such as the Sacramento Kings and New York Knicks about potential Rondo deals‎, but that the most advanced discussions so far have been with Dallas.

Because Rondo is in the final year of his current contract, sources say that any team that can come to terms on a trade with Boston likely will request permission to confer with Rondo and agent Bill Duffy to get Rondo's input on the new destination, which gives them a level of influence into where he's ultimately dealt.

Rondo has left little doubt in recent months that he intends to test the market as a free agent in July as opposed to signing an extension with Boston. But sources say that Dallas, amid growing concern about its point guard play and sensing the opportunity to acquire a top-flight player it has coveted for some time, is confident that it could win Rondo over for the long term if trade terms can be finalized with the Celtics.

If a trade comes to fruition, Rondo would join Dirk Nowitzki, Monta Ellis, Tyson Chandler and Chandler Parsons in a high-octane starting five.

The risk for Dallas, of course, is that Rondo could leave town in free agency in the summer if he is determined to move on or can't come to terms on a new deal with the Mavericks, which in that scenario could potentially burn the veteran-laden Mavs, given the multiple quality assets they'd have to sacrifice to get him.

It remains to be seen whether Celtics general manager Danny Ainge will continue to try to shop for offers elsewhere or jump on the assets Dallas is offering in exchange for the mercurial point guard, knowing that he could leave Boston without compensation in the summer.

Although the Celtics have been insisting since the season began that they weren't actively looking to move Rondo, Dallas and the Houston Rockets are among the teams that have been chasing him for some time. It's believed that the Mavericks are pressing the issue earlier in the season than expected to give Rondo more time to settle.

The Mavericks began the season with the challenge of integrating two new major pieces in Parsons and the returning Chandler, but concerns had developed through the first quarter of the season about the lack of a top-flight floor leader and shot creator to set up the many weapons at the disposal of coach Rick Carlisle.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...espnapi_public
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #32
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

If we can get Okafor or someone like that to back up Chandler, then I'm cool with getting Rondo. Our PG play needs improvement.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #33
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Felton, Jameer, Ledo, Wright, and whatever draft picks there are. Maybe get another team involved. 3 team trade perhaps?

Last edited by yahyes; 12-17-2014 at 11:46 PM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #34
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

If the Celtics will part with him for Wright + Felton + picks, or Wright + Nelson + (Ledo/Smith/Aminu) + picks, I think you pull that trigger. Rondo is a big upgrade at PG. I love Wright as a player, but you have to give up something to get something in a trade, and ultimately I think he's expendable. Let Smith & Sarge fill in the backup 5 minutes.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #35
sefant77
Guru

No, i dont want antoinewalker on this board

Last edited by sefant77; 12-17-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:52 PM   #36
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

A 3 way trade between Charlotte/Boston/Dallas works

Stephenson/Wright/our 1st to Boston
Felton/Nelson to Charlotte
Rondo to us

The trade also works if Vonleh is included to us

Last edited by MFFL; 12-17-2014 at 11:56 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #37
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I love Wright but his style of play is not built for the playoffs when the game slows down, if the Mavs could pull this trade off then wow!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #38
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Even if we lose Wright. The Mavs can just call up a player from out D league team. Ivan Johnson can possibly be a filler until 10 day contracts are open. Then we can look into Okafor or Jermaine O'neil. Whichever can help..
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:02 AM   #39
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
A 3 way trade between Charlotte/Boston/Dallas works

Stephenson/Wright/our 1st to Boston
Felton/Nelson to Charlotte
Rondo to us

The trade also works if Vonleh is included to us
Where did you get Charlotte in this?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:06 AM   #40
sefant77
Guru

If JO or Okafor coming back this season we are pretty easy the best and easiest choice for minutes AND contending.