Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

View Poll Results: Should we trade for Rajon Rondo?
Yes, get Rondo at all costs. 12 29.27%
It depends what we give up. 26 63.41%
No, I don't want him at all. 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #201
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Woj: Rajon Rondo and his reps made it clear to Dallas that the All-Star guard would be inclined to sign Mavs extension this summer, sources said.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #202
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
About what I thought/hoped the deal would be. Very comfortable with that if it comes to pass.
Agreed. I love the cost personally. Getting someone like Rondo will never be free, but if you told me a year ago that this would happen I would of called you crazy.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #203
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Woj: Rajon Rondo and his reps made it clear to Dallas that the All-Star guard would be inclined to sign Mavs extension this summer, sources said.
Done.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #204
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I would love to see Mahinmi in a Mavs uni again.
Probably can't afford to do it now with him injured, but yeah, Ian would be a real solid target. Sign JO, trade for Ian at the deadline if he's healthy and Indy will accept a package centered on Felton with no picks changing hands, then just re-sign all your FAs in the offseason.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #205
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

I am 100% F-ing ok with this deal! New motivation for Rondo.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #206
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Just got the Sport Center ticker on my phone. DONE DEAL!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #207
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Wright/Nelson/Crowder 2015 protected first, 2016 unprotected second is what I'm hearing
Is that all it takes? Wow! I hope it happens. I would be spewing if I were a Boston fan right now to be honest.

Also this just in:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA ยท
Trade call coming tonight between Dallas and Boston, Rondo has been traded to the Mavericks, league sources tell Yahoo.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #208
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
Just got the Sport Center ticker on my phone. DONE DEAL!
Was about to say I dont believe it until Woj says it, but he just did:

"Trade call coming tonight between Dallas and Boston, Rondo has been traded to the Mavericks, league sources tell Yahoo.

Boston will send Rajon Rondo and Dwight Powell to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jamar Nelson, 2015 first-round and future second."

Wondering who will replace Wright now, cant play Smith 20 minutes against the Spurs (or against anyone)

Last edited by bilease; 12-18-2014 at 06:10 PM.
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #209
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Woj: Trade call coming tonight between Dallas and Boston, Rondo has been traded to the Mavericks, league sources tell Yahoo.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #210
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Rondoooooooo

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #211
MavsFTR
Golden Member

Woj: Boston will send Rajon Rondo and Dwight Powell to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jamar Nelson, 2015 first-round and future second.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #212
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

YESSSSS!!!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #213
howdoesmydirktaste

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
Old 12-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #214
MavsFTR
Golden Member

We knew this team was not a contender as previously constructed. This is our chance. Lets hope it works.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #215
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

I take it this is every Mavs fans right now!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qoSXxWHV7Q
Old 12-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #216
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta hope that Rondo's decline has everything to do with playing on a bad team. Otherwise, on the losing end of the trade
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #217
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Great trade for the Mavs!
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #218
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

So what is next?
Can't imagine that we are putting such a great opportunity at risk by relying on Smith and Powell to backup TC.
There has to be another move coming.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #219
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
Woj: Boston's informed teams it's focused on completing deal with Dallas soon, closing on a package to send Rajon Rondo to Mavs, sources tell Y.
WOW

When I first read the ESPN-report yesterday I was excited, but at the same time not sure that I liked the idea of trading for Rondo in the first place.

Now I come to dmavs.com, see my opinion get swayed in different directions with every post I read over the first 5 pages of this thread, and find out in the end the deal is (as good as done/scatch that) done.

So it's time to throw all concerns overboard, I guess. Still am very happy about what iggy brought to this thread - if not for him I'd probably still be on page 3, trying and struggling to voice my concerns in a coherent manner and missing the fiery finale altogether.

Now, has the first-rounder any protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well that position is too crowded and needs to be thinned out. I do think either Aminu or Crowder needed to be moved at some point anyway.
NICE
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #220
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if Donnie had something lined up with either JO or Okafor before this trade happened.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #221
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Now we can resign Rondo, Ellis, and Chandler to whatever deal is fair and have a contender for Dirk's golden years. Won't have any cap room but a hell of a team though
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #222
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Wonder if Donnie had something lined up with either JO or Okafor before this trade happened.
Wouldn't be surprised...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #223
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Wouldn't be surprised...
Either that or they can bring back Sarge...I think.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:34 PM   #224
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

Will he be able to play saturday?
Old 12-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #225
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Either that or they can bring back Sarge...I think.
Not at this point I think, didn't the Chinese League prohibit buy-outs during the season?
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #226
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
Not at this point I think, didn't the Chinese League prohibit buy-outs during the season?
You're probably right.
Donnie must have had something in the works before this move because we are extremely vulnerable at center now.
God forbid if Chandler goes down for any length of time.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #227
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Gotta hope that Rondo's decline has everything to do with playing on a bad team. Otherwise, on the losing end of the trade
A quick look at his numbers, his free throws dropped 30% from last year? Effort? Work in the gym? Sad team, no one but him to push him. Some signs point to just being with a bad team....but his rebounds 7 and a half per this year a career high, by a bunch.....he's putting effort in the game, not at practice(free throw drop?).

Now are the Mavs in play for Ray Allen?
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:03 PM   #228
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
Yep.....or least they can prevent you from playing elsewhere. I think Emmanuel Mudiay just walked away from his deal earlier this month, but I doubt he's doing it to play professionally somewhere else.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #229
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
A quick look at his numbers, his free throws dropped 30% from last year? Effort? Work in the gym? Sad team, no one but him to push him. Some signs point to just being with a bad team....but his rebounds 7 and a half per this year a career high, by a bunch.....he's putting effort in the game, not at practice(free throw drop?).

Now are the Mavs in play for Ray Allen?
Talking more about his defensive decline. Not a decline in his numbers.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #230
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Now we can resign Rondo, Ellis, and Chandler to whatever deal is fair and have a contender for Dirk's golden years. Won't have any cap room but a hell of a team though
We might even have a lot of cap room left after the deal, too, two summers from now. The cap is probably going to go up to like $100M.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #231
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Parsons on the trade his turnaround:
http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2014/12/...n-rajon-rondo/

Expect JO to likely end up here sooner rather than later.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #232
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Bguts... How long before bwright is eligible to return to mavs? Can he sign with us next season?
Old 12-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #233
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Bguts... How long before bwright is eligible to return to mavs? Can he sign with us next season?
I think next season. If he's waived (which he won't be) then it's a calendar year, but I think if he leaves, becomes an UFA, we can sign him this summer.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #234
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think next season. If he's waived (which he won't be) then it's a calendar year, but I think if he leaves, becomes an UFA, we can sign him this summer.
Weird nickname, Windmill...but yeah, that's correct.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:59 AM   #235
nodir41

nodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura aboutnodir41 has a spectacular aura about

I have given it a few games now, but...

am i the only one who hates rondos style of play?

I really think he made us worse.A lot. Can`t shoot and i see no good defense. Our spacing is so bad when he is on the floor. half of his passes are deflected; and it gets worse...

I think he cost us the season. please do not give him the max next year. for 5 mil. he is ok. but he is not a star player anymore.
nodir41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:25 AM   #236
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodir41 View Post
I have given it a few games now, but...

am i the only one who hates rondos style of play?

I really think he made us worse.A lot. Can`t shoot and i see no good defense. Our spacing is so bad when he is on the floor. half of his passes are deflected; and it gets worse...
No, you are not the only one who hates his game. I don't hate it nearly so much as some others, but I'm definitely having some buyer's remorse.

Quote:
I think he cost us the season. please do not give him the max next year. for 5 mil. he is ok. but he is not a star player anymore.
I wouldn't worry about that. Rondo has about as much chance of getting a max deal as Shawn Bradley does.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote