Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #1641
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
He'll probably never be an 82 game player. That much is clear. However, it's beyond ridiculous that we're already wondering if we want the guy. He's not Chandler Parsons. The dude just played on a torn meniscus and put up like 30/10. Yes, I'm glad he's on my team.
Problem is he got hurt at the worst possible time, and that matters. A healthy KP might get us a game 7 which is the only chance you can ask for. If you look at how badly Denver got their asses beat by the Clips, then you can see the Mavs are better than they should be.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2020, 11:20 AM   #1642
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Problem is he got hurt at the worst possible time, and that matters. A healthy KP might get us a game 7 which is the only chance you can ask for. If you look at how badly Denver got their asses beat by the Clips, then you can see the Mavs are better than they should be.
Yeah.

Ultimately with KP on the roster you'd want to have a team so good built around him that you wouldn't mind missing him for huge swaths of the playoffs, but if you're building a team where he's just gravy, then why is he getting the max.

Also by getting the max for a guy who plays only 60% of each season and 50% of each playoff, you're really preventing yourself from building that team that is so good that he's just a bonus.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #1643
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - Nash asked Dirk to join him on the coaching staff of the Nets. Dirk declined

https://www.radio.com/1053thefan/spo...jRvIv8-fA_Yqgs
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #1644
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
OMG - Nash asked Dirk to join him on the coaching staff of the Nets. Dirk declined

i guess they're still buds? that's nice.

But no way - get your hands off Dirk. he belongs in Big D and with the Mavs.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 04:49 PM   #1645
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
But no way - get your hands off Dirk. he belongs in Big D and with the Mavs.
That was my first thought
Old 09-04-2020, 05:01 PM   #1646
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Mavs need to put Dirk on the coaching staff. Retirement is over.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:38 PM   #1647
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to see Dirk interested in going elsewhere and put his neck on the line for another city with zero coaching experience. I'm sure he knows what he has here, which is almost name it. There's a young solid core and he could join the staff in a couple years. I don't really even see him as the type to want to coach.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:54 PM   #1648
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Also by getting the max for a guy who plays only 60% of each season and 50% of each playoff, you're really preventing yourself from building that team that is so good that he's just a bonus.
But you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you don't give him the max, someone else almost certainly will, and then you're stuck with nothing. Honestly I think this is the single biggest problem with the NBA- the fact that there's no real sanity to the free agent market. There's just too many teams and not enough impact players to go around, so every halfway decent player gets the max.

I honestly don't know if there's a way to fix it, but I do think it exacerbates the problem that a max contract becomes an albatross on your roster the moment that player isn't playing like a star anymore. I don't like that the system punishes teams so heavily for giving out max contracts when the market is so wacky that you absolutely have to give out max contracts to stay remotely competitive. I think it would make the product a lot better if the league made it easier to move max contracts off the books if a team decides it's in their interest to do so. Bill Simmons had an idea a while back that I thought was really intriguing- make it so that trades only require salaries to match up within 50% instead of 90%. That way nobody is untraceable.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:01 PM   #1649
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
It's hard to see Dirk interested in going elsewhere and put his neck on the line for another city with zero coaching experience. I'm sure he knows what he has here, which is almost name it. There's a young solid core and he could join the staff in a couple years. I don't really even see him as the type to want to coach.
I agree. Dirk doesn’t seem like the type who wants to coach. I’m surprised Nash even asked him tbh. Seems like he would want to be surrounded by experienced coaches. Dirk seems like he would be better suited for an “ambassador of fun” type role with the Mavs.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:12 AM   #1650
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This year he did. Maybe it happens again in the future, but I'm not ready to push the panic button yet. That's all I'm saying.

He's a top 5 big in the league, and if you value effort, he might be #2. Might just be me, but I'm inclined to give him a couple more chances to come through at playoff time.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:47 AM   #1651
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post

Nash as head coach with Dirk as his assistant would be an absolute wet dream of mine. I don't care if it's not for the Mavs. That's Cuban's fault for not seeing this before someone else. Honestly fuck Cuban for not seeing this before someone else.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:55 AM   #1652
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Thank you.

I checked around on google to see if I could find any kind of list or study on the injury history of well-over-seven-feet-tall players. I couldn't find anything that specific. All I could find was this wikipedia list- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iation_history

According to this- assuming it's complete- there have been 26 players in the history of the NBA that were 7'3 or taller. As near as I can tell, Mark Eaton is the only guy on that list who wasn't injury prone.

It may not be a scientific study, but common sense tells me that 25 out of 26 is a trend.
Did you actually look at this list?
Old 09-05-2020, 04:05 AM   #1653
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Did you actually look at this list?
Yes. I actually looked at it. Is that actually a question?

Before you chime in about how most of those guys on that list were crap and/or only played a handful of games, that further illustrates my point. Short of studying in detail the non-NBA careers of every single name on that list, I'm just going to go ahead and guess that most of them washed out of the league at least partially because of their health. If you want to pour through every name and study their injury histories, go right ahead.

MFFL above mentioned that most of them were spares (as if that bolsters the argument that there isn't a legitimate health concern.) You asked earlier if there was a difference between 7'0 and 7'2, and how so few people are above 7'2. Well, that's a difference, then, isn't it? There are WAY more players in the NBA today and throughout history that are 7'0 than there are 7'3 and above. And beyond that, there are exponentially more players in the NBA today and throughout history that were actually any f**king good. If there are 26 players in the history of the league 7'3 and above, and if most of them sucked donkey balls so hard at basketball that they never played more than a game or two... well that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the durabilty of super tall players.

So AT VERY BEST, assuming their health wasn't a factor at all in their failure at basketball, it further reduces the sample size. So then lets look at the guys who actually had careers in the NBA. Again, ALL BUT ONE OF THEM WAS FREQUENTLY INJURED.

So yeah. I looked at the list. You disagree with my analysis? That's perfectly fine. But I'm certain my view is in the majority and is the conventional wisdom.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 09-05-2020 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:05 PM   #1654
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Nash as head coach with Dirk as his assistant would be an absolute wet dream of mine. I don't care if it's not for the Mavs. That's Cuban's fault for not seeing this before someone else. Honestly fuck Cuban for not seeing this before someone else.
Wet dream would consist of replacing Rick with Nash/Dirk? Even for nostalgic purposes, Rick actually won a championship with us and has been here over 2x as long.

Old 09-06-2020, 06:51 PM   #1655
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes. I actually looked at it. Is that actually a question?

Before you chime in about how most of those guys on that list were crap and/or only played a handful of games, that further illustrates my point. Short of studying in detail the non-NBA careers of every single name on that list, I'm just going to go ahead and guess that most of them washed out of the league at least partially because of their health. If you want to pour through every name and study their injury histories, go right ahead.

MFFL above mentioned that most of them were spares (as if that bolsters the argument that there isn't a legitimate health concern.) You asked earlier if there was a difference between 7'0 and 7'2, and how so few people are above 7'2. Well, that's a difference, then, isn't it? There are WAY more players in the NBA today and throughout history that are 7'0 than there are 7'3 and above. And beyond that, there are exponentially more players in the NBA today and throughout history that were actually any f**king good. If there are 26 players in the history of the league 7'3 and above, and if most of them sucked donkey balls so hard at basketball that they never played more than a game or two... well that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the durabilty of super tall players.

So AT VERY BEST, assuming their health wasn't a factor at all in their failure at basketball, it further reduces the sample size. So then lets look at the guys who actually had careers in the NBA. Again, ALL BUT ONE OF THEM WAS FREQUENTLY INJURED.

So yeah. I looked at the list. You disagree with my analysis? That's perfectly fine. But I'm certain my view is in the majority and is the conventional wisdom.
I only asked, because you threw out the 25 of 26 number as if you had actually looked at those names to see if they had careers elsewhere. Most of those guys maybe just weren’t good enough, but we know that’s not a problem for KP. There were also names like Sabonis, who was drafted in 1986, and still played a full season in 2002-2003, and I don’t consider someone like Bradley to have had an injury shortened career. I also don’t think players like Ming or Muresan or even Bol are useful comparisons. Ming and Muresan have completely different body types, and Bol didn’t look like he worked on his body at all.

When I said there aren’t that many people over 7’2”, I meant in general, not just in the nba. Few of those guys are going to have the athleticism to compete in the nba, partly because height seems to have an inverse relationship with athleticism, so yes most of them are going to suck donkey balls just because of ability. KP is a unicorn. Maybe he can be another Kareem.
Old 09-06-2020, 06:55 PM   #1656
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wet dream would consist of replacing Rick with Nash/Dirk? Even for nostalgic purposes, Rick actually won a championship with us and has been here over 2x as long.
I didn’t say it was smart. Just that I want to see it. Even if it doesn’t happen in Dallas.
Old 09-13-2020, 04:02 AM   #1657
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
is either a better coach than Carlisle? Probably not....
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:26 AM   #1658
FreshJive
Diamond Member

So I guess KP is just too tall to play basketball, then.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:03 PM   #1659
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
So I guess KP is just too tall to play basketball, then.
Did you know that 143 players have played 1000 games or more in the NBA?

Guess how many players have been 6'0" and played 1000 or more games?

ZERO

There have only been 2 players under 6' who have played 1000 games. There have only been 15 players TOTAL who are 6'2" or shorter who have played 1000 games and I bet there have been THOUSANDS of them who have played in the history of the NBA

There have only been 26 players that were 7'3" or more to EVER play in the NBA so its not surprising that one of them hasn't played 1000 games

And being 7'3" isn't the life threatening curse that many make it out to be. There have been 15 players 7'0" or taller who have played 1000 games plus an additional 15 players who were 6'11"
Old 09-19-2020, 06:15 PM   #1660
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Jesus, you guys are still on this?

Please stop with the straw man arguments. Nobody ever said that 7'3 guys couldn't play basketball, or that it was a life threatening curse. I said they *seem* to be injury prone. Big f**king difference.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:38 PM   #1661
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Per the NBA, none other than @swish41 will be among the virtual fans for tonight’s Game 1 of the Finals. Also in virtual attendance, first-time poll workers identified by @KingJames’ More Than A Vote.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:17 PM   #1662
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Looks like Mavs will wear the retro green uni next season.

https://twitter.com/tyleratoms/statu...057497600?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:40 AM   #1663
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post

Niceeee. I’ve been hoping they would bring back the green for a few years now. Love those jerseys
Old 10-02-2020, 09:28 AM   #1664
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's the sound of 1.5million more Doncic jerseys being sold.

But seriously, seeing Doncic in green is a dream. Really looking forward to it.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #1665
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Those are just alternate uniforms next season right?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 01:04 PM   #1666
BPo001
Diamond Member

NBA veteran JJ Redick is not buying the whole “reverse racism” claims after the Luka Doncic-Montrezl Harrell feud during the first-round series between the Dallas Mavericks and the Los Angeles Clippers. Appearing as a guest on the All The Smoke podcast hosted by Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes, the 36-year-old guard claimed that Harrell’s quip to Doncic was just some good, old-fashioned trash talk with no intended racial undertones. “I’m a white guy playing a black guy’s sport. That’s just the reality. There’s nothing racist about that. Majority of great players in the NBA are black,” Redick said. “Being called a b—-a– white boy was something I’ve heard when I was 12 or 13. I laughed when Montrezl said it. I thought it was hilarious.”
Old 10-03-2020, 02:32 PM   #1667
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Those green uniforms are gorgeous. I honestly think the Mavs are WAY overdue for a total re-brand. New uniforms, logo, colors, everything. I personally would like to see an updated version of the old cowboy hat logo with green and blue. Something that has a timeless feel to it. Something that is new but also invokes the history of the franchise and the city- I would also love for them to incorporate the Dallas skyline into their look somehow, as they've done the alternate uniforms in the past.

The Mavs' look has been really stale for a long time, I think. I loved it when it was first introduced and for several years after that, but now it just feels dated, and like it's trying way too hard to be "cool." It feels very early 2000s. Now I want something that looks classic.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 10-31-2020 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:32 PM   #1668
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

*double post*

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 10-03-2020 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:34 PM   #1669
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Lots of cool ideas on this page. Some crappy ones too, but it's fun to daydream.

https://www.centraltrack.com/dallas-...ncic-era-2018/
Old 10-03-2020, 02:51 PM   #1670
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Those green uniforms or gorgeous. I honestly think the Mavs are WAY overdue for a total re-brand. New uniforms, logo, colors, everything. I personally would like to see an updated version of the old cowboy hat logo with green and blue. Something that has a timeless feel to it. Something that is new but also invokes the history of the franchise and the city- I would also love for them to incorporate the Dallas skyline into their look somehow, as they've done the alternate uniforms in the past.

The Mavs' look has been really stale for a long time, I think. I loved it when it was first introduced and for several years after that, but now it just feels dated, and like it's trying way too hard to be "cool." It feels very early 2000s. Now I want something that looks classic.
I’ve been wanting them do the same thing for a few years. I’d love to see exactly what you suggested. A modern version of the old logo, and bringing back the blue and green color scheme. Seems like with a changing of the guard (Dirk retiring and Luka taking over) that now would be a good time for a re-brand.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:45 PM   #1671
BPo001
Diamond Member

Brad Townsend: Dwight Powell says he has no limitations in terms of movement following his Achilles rupture rehab. He said if Mavs were able to scrimmage right now, he would be able to do so. Of course, as he points out, it’s unclear when next season will start, so “on schedule” is relative. – via Twitter townbrad
Old 10-14-2020, 03:21 PM   #1672
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Brad Townsend: Dwight Powell says he has no limitations in terms of movement following his Achilles rupture rehab. He said if Mavs were able to scrimmage right now, he would be able to do so. Of course, as he points out, it’s unclear when next season will start, so “on schedule” is relative. – via Twitter townbrad
For his sake, I hope he can bounce back. Achilles seem to rob people of too much of their athleticism...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:55 PM   #1673
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Powell is gone, we just have to hope that ~80% Dwight is still an elite rim finisher
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #1674
BPo001
Diamond Member

New city jerseys?

https://mobile.twitter.com/sga4mvp/s...59177109753857

Last edited by BPo001; 10-28-2020 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:25 PM   #1675
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Good lord no! I certainly hope not.

Old 10-28-2020, 03:00 PM   #1676
BPo001
Diamond Member

I hope not either. Why the gold trim? I wish they would just dump the city jersey idea and just make teams wear a throwback jersey of their choice.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:06 PM   #1677
BPo001
Diamond Member

Stephen Silas hired to be the next head coach in Houston. That’s a bummer.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:49 PM   #1678
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Looks like the Mavs uniforms won’t be the only thing retro this season. This has always been my favorite Mavs look and colors.

https://twitter.com/stadium/status/1...866664960?s=21

Old 10-30-2020, 02:51 PM   #1679
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Looks like the Mavs uniforms won’t be the only thing retro this season. This has always been my favorite Mavs look and colors.

https://twitter.com/stadium/status/1...866664960?s=21

I love the colors. No argument there.

But can someone explain to me this love affair Mavs fans seem to have with that stupid logo featuring an "M" wearing a cowboy hat???

Vomit.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 10-30-2020 at 02:51 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:20 PM   #1680
Me.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I love the colors. No argument there.

But can someone explain to me this love affair Mavs fans seem to have with that stupid logo featuring an "M" wearing a cowboy hat???

Vomit.

You know what the hat represents right? Or what it’s an ode to?