Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 10-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #1681
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
You know what the hat represents right? Or what it’s an ode to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don Carter?

Cowboys, in general?

The "good guys?"

If it's something specific, then no, I'm afraid I don't.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2020, 05:34 PM   #1682
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I love the colors. No argument there.

But can someone explain to me this love affair Mavs fans seem to have with that stupid logo featuring an "M" wearing a cowboy hat???

Vomit.
Seriously??? I love the old logo too. Way more than the horse thing.

I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I love the old logo and wish we would go back to it, or at least an updated version of it, I suppose it just has to do with what I look for in sports teams' identity or branding or whatever you want to call it.

I want my sports teams' names and logos/jerseys/courts/fields etc... to have A: be evoke a sense of civic pride, B: have a timeless appeal. "Classic" to me is way more important than cool.

The old logo and colors pushes those right buttons for me. It evokes a sense of the city and region (not just the "cowboy" theme, but also the green and blue color scheme were inspired by the sight of bluebonnets on green grass- a very common sight in DFW). It also evokes the history of the franchise itself (yes, the hat is an ode to Don Carter). It's old, but to me it doesn't look dated. The current logo, which is about 20 years younger, ironically to me is the one that looks very dated. It looks very much of its time. It looks very much like something from the early 2000s, trying way too hard to be cool and edgy.

This is all in the eye of the beholder of course, but I also just find the old logo pleasing in its simplicity, where as the current one is incredibly "busy" and just kind of a mess. I love simplicity in my sports logos. Simple very often correlates with iconic. Look at all the greatest, most storied franchises in pro-sports. Cowboys logo, Yankees, Red Sox, Packers, Steelers, Giants, Lakers, Celtics (I'm thinking the simple clover rather than Lucky the Leprechaun...) All very minimalist. Simple. Iconic. Classic. Instantly recognizable, and I bet if you tried to change any one of them, all of those fanbases would revolt. I realize the Mavs' history isn't as storied as those other franchises, but if Luka ends up bringing multiple championships here (god willing), I would much rather it be with the simple "M' than with the blue/white/black horse/basketball/shield thing.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 10-30-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:59 PM   #1683
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Seriously??? I love the old logo too. Way more than the horse thing.

I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I love the old logo and wish we would go back to it, or at least an updated version of it, I suppose it just has to do with what I look for in sports teams' identity or branding or whatever you want to call it.

I want my sports teams' names and logos/jerseys/courts/fields etc... to have A: be evoke a sense of civic pride, B: have a timeless appeal. "Classic" to me is way more important than cool.

The old logo and colors pushes those right buttons for me. It evokes a sense of the city and region (not just the "cowboy" theme, but also the green and blue color scheme were inspired by the sight of bluebonnets on green grass- a very common sight in DFW). It also evokes the history of the franchise itself (yes, the hat is an ode to Don Carter). It's old, but to me it doesn't look dated. The current logo, which is about 20 years younger, ironically to me is the one that looks very dated. It looks very much of its time. It looks very much like something from the early 2000s, trying way too hard to be cool and edgy.

This is all in the eye of the beholder of course, but I also just find the old logo pleasing in its simplicity, where as the current one is incredibly "busy" and just kind of a mess. I love simplicity in my sports logos. Simple very often correlates with iconic. Look at all the greatest, most storied franchises in pro-sports. Cowboys logo, Yankees, Red Sox, Packers, Steelers, Giants, Lakers, Celtics (I'm thinking the simple clover rather than Lucky the Leprechaun...) All very minimalist. Simple. Iconic. Classic. Instantly recognizable, and I bet if you tried to change any one of them, all of those fanbases would revolt. I realize the Mavs' history isn't as storied as those other franchises, but if Luka ends up bringing multiple championships here (god willing), I would much rather it be with the simple "M' than with the blue/white/black horse/basketball/shield thing.

Agree 100%. Simple is better and personally I’ve just always really like the green uniforms. Also I’ve never that big of a fan of the horse head logo. I agree that today that looks more dated than the M with the cowboy hat.

For those lived in Dallas you have to also remember that Don Carter didn’t just own the team but he owned bowling alleys that I had a lot of fun at growing up (family bowling night).

So to answer the other guys question, yes logo does represent Don Carter however for me it also represents good memories for me as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:14 PM   #1684
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe some of the younger crowd would be ok with the old logo "M" if it had a flat bill instead of the cowboy hat.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:37 PM   #1685
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Maybe some of the younger crowd would be ok with the old logo "M" if it had a flat bill instead of the cowboy hat.
Well, I'm 42 years old, and I hate it. Not only is it not an impressive piece of graphic art, but it plays into every ridiculous stereotype the world has for Dallas and Texas, in general. People think we literally ride horses to work.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:20 PM   #1686
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I'm 42 years old, and I hate it. Not only is it not an impressive piece of graphic art, but it plays into every ridiculous stereotype the world has for Dallas and Texas, in general. People think we literally ride horses to work.
Haha, I completely understand. It doesn't help that every time any of our local teams play, they come back from commercials and show a random horse or longhorn in a field. Like WTF representation is that.

I used to feel the same way but then I realize that people who actually think that can't be helped, and you really shouldn't even be trying to communicate with them any longer at that point. In short, F them all...give me the nostalgic old school feel, even if they update it a little.

Old 11-02-2020, 05:41 PM   #1687
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I'm 42 years old, and I hate it. Not only is it not an impressive piece of graphic art,
I mean, again, the best, most iconic sports logos are all ridiculously simple. Not one of them is what I would consider "impressive graphic art." The Cowboys logo is just a star. The Packers logo is just a G. Lakers logo is just a basketball that literally just says "Lakers." And so on...

Quote:
but it plays into every ridiculous stereotype the world has for Dallas and Texas, in general. People think we literally ride horses to work.
I mean, I kinda feel you. I used to feel the exact same way, actually. But my tastes have changed as I've gotten older. Today, I don't think plays into a stereotype any more than the Cowboys being called the Cowboys.

It's an identity. Anything is better than nothing. Even if it's not totally true, I'd rather be known for riding horses to work than nothing at all and have some generic non-identity like the Hawks or the Kings or something.

And if we're being totally honest with ourselves... the stereotype exists for a reason. There is some truth to it. We may not ride horses to work, but... a hell of a lot of people in DFW do drive pickup trucks. And the DFW metroplex does include a hell of a lot of tiny towns that are pretty damn podunk.

That's part of what makes DFW an interesting place. It's incredibly diverse. If there are two Americas, we have both of them in equal measure. I live in Denton, which is college town with a hell of a lot liberals and hipster types. I drive through town and I'm surrounded by sushi restaurants and vape shops. And yet, literally right on the other side of i-35, less than five minutes away is Argyle, which is tiny a little town conservative town with seemingly nothing but antique shops and mom-and-pop gas stations. And right outside of my own neighborhood is a ranch with cattle and horses. So while I might not ride a horse to work, I do see horses (and cows) on my way to work every day.

Dallas itself is quite modern and cosmopolitan, but the many of the smaller communities that comprise the larger DFW metroplex are right out of King of the Hill.

That's why if I could choose the Mavs logo, I wouldn't just bring back the old logo, but rather I'd have an updated version of it. Something that is basically the same but just a tiny bit more modern- maybe a different font and slightly different shades of blue and green. And I would really love to keep incorporating the Dallas skyline into the uniforms and on the actual court. I want the Mavs' branding to evoke both the old and the new, and to convey that same combination of urban and rural cultural markers that make up DFW.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #1688
KillerLeft

Simple is fine. A compliment when applied to design, even.

This is an M wearing a cowboy hat. So yeah, that's terrible, obviously.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:02 PM   #1689
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Simple is fine. A compliment when applied to design, even.

This is an M wearing a cowboy hat. So yeah, that's terrible, obviously.
Lol, to each his own. Cuban seems to agree with you, because I don't think the old logo is coming back anytime soon.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:24 PM   #1690
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What once was ridiculous is now kinda charming actually. Texas has character and that outisde or Texas ignorance comes with the territory. I turn 38 tomorrow and used to hate the hat logo, but no question it has nostalgic charm now. Plus, it reminds me of the great Reunion arena which is IMO superior in nearly every way at the AAC...esp the seat room.

Pretty sure they will only have it for the classic jersey nights and the new classic jerseys are awesome.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:17 PM   #1691
KillerLeft

There have been several social media unveilings of "hardwood classics" courts from several teams this past week. It seems to be a coordinated effort by the league (probably an attempt to win right leaning white people back)...not sure if it's supposed to be a full season thing or an every once in a while thing.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:40 PM   #1692
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There have been several social media unveilings of "hardwood classics" courts from several teams this past week. It seems to be a coordinated effort by the league (probably an attempt to win right leaning white people back)...not sure if it's supposed to be a full season thing or an every once in a while thing.
Bucks old court from the Mecca ftw! That and the old Garden parquet.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:41 PM   #1693
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Damn that’s ugly....
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:53 PM   #1694
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
NBA veteran JJ Redick is not buying the whole “reverse racism” claims after the Luka Doncic-Montrezl Harrell feud during the first-round series between the Dallas Mavericks and the Los Angeles Clippers. Appearing as a guest on the All The Smoke podcast hosted by Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes, the 36-year-old guard claimed that Harrell’s quip to Doncic was just some good, old-fashioned trash talk with no intended racial undertones. “I’m a white guy playing a black guy’s sport. That’s just the reality. There’s nothing racist about that. Majority of great players in the NBA are black,” Redick said. “Being called a b—-a– white boy was something I’ve heard when I was 12 or 13. I laughed when Montrezl said it. I thought it was hilarious.”
When this 1st happened I stated that it wasn't a big deal because Luka has probably been called worse.

He's not the 1st white guy to get names thrown his way.

Larry Bird got called stuff like that all the time by half of the players that ended up playing on the Olympic team with him.

Only a few sensitive fans on here made this a big deal.

Luka is big boy he can handle himself.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #1695
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I know CBS sports is only mid pack for accuracy, but they have Bane moved up to 16 now. Would suck if we didn't at least have a chance to get him.

Still gonna be a wacky draft.

Old 11-04-2020, 10:45 AM   #1696
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Jrue Holiday is available per Shams. Time to get all over that! Question is...what would you give up?

Old 11-04-2020, 11:03 AM   #1697
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Jrue Holiday is available per Shams. Time to get all over that! Question is...what would you give up?
Our 2021 plans to get Giannis?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:21 AM   #1698
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Our 2021 plans to get Giannis?
If Giannis wants to come here in 2021, then does it really matter that much what our cap situation is? Good teams make moves to clear space when said Superstar wants to go to them.

I'm about winning now, myself. Holiday is a near-perfect fit.

Old 11-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #1699
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
If Giannis wants to come here in 2021, then does it really matter that much what our cap situation is? Good teams make moves to clear space when said Superstar wants to go to them.

I'm about winning now, myself. Holiday is a near-perfect fit.

Yea, laying up and playing safe for a wild shot at Giannis is silly. Not saying it couldn't happen but why does Milwaukee just let him walk? Do we not want trade pieces for the outside chance that he wants out and to be a Mav? I'm sure Luka would love to have Giannis, but no way in hell he wants to wait and see what happens.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #1700
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to have Jrue but don't see us beating a Celtics offer that includes Marcus Smart + multiple first round picks.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #1701
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I'd love to have Jrue but don't see us beating a Celtics offer that includes Marcus Smart + multiple first round picks.
Would you consider a three way trade that had us landing Hayward?

Old 11-04-2020, 03:02 PM   #1702
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Would you consider a three way trade that had us landing Hayward?

No way. Not unless the Celtics are giving us a ton of picks and taking Powell, Wright, and Jackson.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:04 PM   #1703
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I honestly don't see the Celtics spending multiple picks for Jrue
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 04:52 PM   #1704
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

This was floated on bleacherreport. Would anyone here do this deal?

NOP: Maxi, Brunson, Wright, Jackson #18, #31
DAL: Jrue Holiday

I'm a bit torn on this one. I'd probably do it, but I'd be a little hesitant considering he's a free agent in the summer and we might A: end up getting him without giving up any of our assets, and B: he could go somewhere else and then the cupboard is truly bare.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:59 PM   #1705
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm a bit torn on this one. I'd probably do it, but I'd be a little hesitant considering he's a free agent in the summer and we might A: end up getting him without giving up any of our assets, and B: he could go somewhere else and then the cupboard is truly bare.
I bet the FO would need a commitment from the player to sign an extension before giving up all those assets. I think Jrue would be a fantastic fit here.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 06:01 PM   #1706
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I honestly don't see the Celtics spending multiple picks for Jrue
Well, they've got to spend them on SOMETHING, because they don't have enough roster spots to draft players with them. I'm not sure they're interested in Holiday, either, but they're definitely going to make some noise.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #1707
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'd do it in a heartbeat although I would like to see an extension first

If Giannis really wants to come here, we can move Porzingis
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:52 PM   #1708
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Got the new classic jersey for my b-day, and it's even better in person. Easily the best alternate jersey that I can remember.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:13 AM   #1709
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Got the new classic jersey for my b-day, and it's even better in person. Easily the best alternate jersey that I can remember.
Even better in person, sounds like it was ever good. Maybe it's the angle or pics I've seen online. Do you have pics of it?....err maybe I'm thinking of the one posted above.

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-05-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #1710
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Even better in person, sounds like it was ever good. Maybe it's the angle or pics I've seen online. Do you have pics of it?....err maybe I'm thinking of the one posted above.
This one...

Old 11-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #1711
SMC0007
Guru

Ahh, yea that's nice! I was thinking of the other.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #1712
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice! I love those jerseys. I’m glad they are bringing them back. Not sure if I should pick up a Luka one now, or wait for Giannis to come to Dallas
Old 11-05-2020, 03:11 PM   #1713
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Nice! I love those jerseys. I’m glad they are bringing them back. Not sure if I should pick up a Luka one now, or wait for Giannis to come to Dallas
So you're getting the Luka one or not getting one at all.

Old 11-05-2020, 04:16 PM   #1714
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I'd do it in a heartbeat although I would like to see an extension first

If Giannis really wants to come here, we can move Porzingis
Why the ceiling is much higher with Luka, Giannis and KP as opposed to Luka, Giannis and Holiday.

Holiday is solid but I don't think he's a better player than KP.

I keep seeing a lot of fans questioning KP and already writing him off because of the knee.

Granted A.Davis never had a knee injury but prior to this year in LA he was also injured most years.

For all we know KP could go relatively healthy the remainder of his career.

To me he looked like a dominant player the 2nd half of last season and in the bubble.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:08 PM   #1715
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Why the ceiling is much higher with Luka, Giannis and KP as opposed to Luka, Giannis and Holiday.

Holiday is solid but I don't think he's a better player than KP.
Sure but if we are over the cap, we will have to trade someone (esp if it is a sign-and-trade)

And KP has a lot more value and would be easier to move than Holiday
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:15 PM   #1716
BPo001
Diamond Member

The Mavericks signed Kidd-Gilchrist in February, but he didn’t make enough of an impact in the Orlando bubble, and sources say Dallas is leaning towards letting him walk. 4 hours ago – via Marc Berman @ New York Post
Old 11-06-2020, 08:44 PM   #1717
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
The Mavericks signed Kidd-Gilchrist in February, but he didn’t make enough of an impact in the Orlando bubble, and sources say Dallas is leaning towards letting him walk. 4 hours ago – via Marc Berman @ New York Post
Not surprising. He hasn't a clue what's going on on offense.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:58 PM   #1718
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Could be a good sign.
Might be a good indicator they either have a trade brewing to acquire a vet wing, or they have a draftee they feel pretty confident about that could fill the role they thought MKG would fill.

Hopefully both to replace MKG and Jackson.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:43 AM   #1719
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Could be a good sign.
Might be a good indicator they either have a trade brewing to acquire a vet wing, or they have a draftee they feel pretty confident about that could fill the role they thought MKG would fill.

Hopefully both to replace MKG and Jackson.
Other than the fact that the dude will be out of a job, it's a good sign. He was another very 1 way player.. probably the most 1 way player we have.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:45 AM   #1720
tap2390
Diamond Member

Yeah hate to say it but good riddance. Now let’s see if we can drop Jackson and Wright (I’m still convinced there’s a trade in there somewhere with the Hawks).