Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-20-2003, 10:15 AM   #481
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough
Default RE:What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Quote:
And mercury rev...nice pick with Television there. Marquee Moon is one of my fave albums of all time.
Thanks Veruca.

Interested parties should check out these albums too......

Supergrass: "In It For The Money"
Vaselines: "The Way Of The Vaselines: A Complete History"
Chavez: "Gone Glimmering"
Halley: "Forget The Leaves, Autumn Will Change Us"
American Analog Set: "Golden Band"

mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2003, 05:07 PM   #482
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Too Short, Life is Too Short
Old 11-30-2003, 05:40 PM   #483
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

Hallelujah I Love Her So
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 10:20 PM   #484
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

They Might Be Giants, Flood
A burned compilation of Civil War songs
Andrew WK, The Wolf
Old 12-01-2003, 09:22 AM   #485
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the Violet Burning-"Plastic and Elastic"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 01:47 PM   #486
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

waiting for my rocket to come

track 6 - sleep all day [img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 03:59 PM   #487
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

The Shins - "Chutes Too Narrow"
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 04:22 PM   #488
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

Fiona
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 05:40 PM   #489
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Gloria by Vivaldi........I'm performing this piece in less than two weeks..............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2003, 06:17 PM   #490
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

novice, that's my favorite song on the mraz cd, too!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:05 PM   #491
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mercury_rev
The Shins - "Chutes Too Narrow"
hmmm the Shins. Beautiful.

Right now I can't get enough of Le Tigre - The Feminist Sweepstakes.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 07:19 PM   #492
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

The Crusaders - The Crusaders' finest Hour

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 07:22 PM   #493
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

White Stripes- Seven Nation Army!...great bass line!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-01-2003, 07:33 PM   #494
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
It's not actually a bass.
The white stripes are just guitar & drums.

Smile like you mean it
Old 12-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #495
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
Quote:
not to question a mod.....but LIVE they are guitar and drums, but in the studio Jack White plays several different toos to get it done...like a bass for seven nation army..but you are right live, he uses he guitar!

Old 12-01-2003, 08:58 PM   #496
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I'm looking around for a good Christmas CD for a gift for my mom. Anyone know a good one?
Old 12-01-2003, 11:01 PM   #497
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
not to question a mod.....but LIVE they are guitar and drums, but in the studio Jack White plays several different toos to get it done...like a bass for seven nation army..but you are right live, he uses he guitar!
Hmmm, i'm going to have to go look at the liner notes, but either way, you're banned. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I play bass...and i guess it could all be down to different tunings....but it just sounds like a guitar to me...a guitar playing a bassline.

Smile like you mean it
Old 12-01-2003, 11:02 PM   #498
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
I'm looking around for a good Christmas CD for a gift for my mom. Anyone know a good one?
obviously i don't know what kind of music your mum likes, but one of my all time favourite christmas albums is the Phil Spector one. It just ain't christmas without it...for me.

Smile like you mean it
Old 12-02-2003, 03:17 PM   #499
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Quote:
obviously i don't know what kind of music your mum likes, but one of my all time favourite christmas albums is the Phil Spector one. It just ain't christmas without it...for me.
quite possibly the second coolest chick in the freakin world....my lady is first![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

is it the one before he killed that gal or after?

Old 12-03-2003, 01:20 AM   #500
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

The rumor is that the record company told Jack he needed to add a bass before they recorded thier latest cd because the others didn't sell that well. I kind of thought Seven Nation Army was kind of like them saying alright assholes here's your bass.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 01:35 AM   #501
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Kid Koala

The Andre 3000 CD is the shit, still haven't listened to the Big Boi CD yet, I'm afraid it will suck in comparison.

Hexastatic- Solid Steel
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 01:44 AM   #502
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

I'm not trying to make fun of anyone's musical taste but I think the new Outkast stuff really sucks. I miss the good ol' days of Aquemini, Stankonia, and Atliens.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:11 AM   #503
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
The Andre 3000 CD is the shit, still haven't listened to the Big Boi CD yet, I'm afraid it will suck in comparison.
i kind of feel the same way, i just can't get the Andre 3000 album out of the player long enough to get much else in actually.

Smile like you mean it
Old 12-18-2003, 06:07 AM   #504
veruca salt
Platinum Member

THE DISTILLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got tickets to go see them in Jan! Along with my tickets to go and see The Strokes/Kings Of Leon, also in January

Smile like you mean it
Old 12-18-2003, 08:31 AM   #505
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Vince Guaraldi Trio-A Charlie Brown Christmas
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:42 AM   #506
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

"the love below" is a great disc. no two songs are alike on there. "speakerboxxx" isn't as good IMO, but it is still one of the better Rap albums out there. Big Boi is good, but he's just not as artistically inclined as andre.

this is what is in my car right now:

Old 01-14-2004, 12:45 PM   #507
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Graceland

-Paul Simon
Old 01-14-2004, 01:04 PM   #508
sike
The Preacha

ELEPHANT--the white stripes

Old 01-14-2004, 01:09 PM   #509
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Concerto for Trombone and Orchestra by Rimsky-Korsakov,

as performed by Christian Lindberg

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:23 PM   #510
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Matt Elliot - 'the mess we made'
Old 01-14-2004, 02:18 PM   #511
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-14-2004, 02:26 PM   #512
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I know it's a little late for Christmas shopping. But I think your mom would like Bone Crusher's new album "AttenCHUN".

madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:39 PM   #513
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
ELEPHANT--the white stripes

Sike - My favorite album of the year. They are the best band around right now, in my opinion.

And just for madape (or maybe ames7's mom) - Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is amazing, as I'm sure a decent amount of you might know already. It does lend itself easily to non hip-hop fans.

If you like hip-hop, or maybe if you don't, get a hold of Jay-Z's Black Album. I never liked Jay-Z too much, but this album is incredible.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:11 PM   #514
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Dagda - <u>Hybernia: The Story of Ireland</u> (Celtic Trance)

Passion - One Day Live (Especially Tracks 5, 11)

Old 01-14-2004, 06:47 PM   #515
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's a great one Smiles! Right now I'm listening to Casting Crowns. Have you heard of them? They are really good. They only have one album out (self-titled) and track 4 is the best. You ought to take a listen!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 06:55 PM   #516
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Hank Williams III- It's real good stuff. Way better than Jr.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:58 PM   #517
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: raefformvp
Quote:
That's a great one Smiles! Right now I'm listening to Casting Crowns. Have you heard of them? They are really good. They only have one album out (self-titled) and track 4 is the best. You ought to take a listen!
Casting Crowns sounds vaguely familiar, but I haven't heard any of their music yet. I'll have to learn more about them!

You should check out Third Day, if you like Passion. I love that band - haven't heard their new stuff, but I've been a huge fan since 1997. Their work is amazing - it never fails to put my world back into kilter in some form or fashion.

Old 01-14-2004, 07:01 PM   #518
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Rooney.
Jane's Addiction
Cooper Temple Clause.
Spiritualized.

Smile like you mean it
Old 01-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #519
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
You should check out Third Day, if you like Passion. I love that band - haven't heard their new stuff, but I've been a huge fan since 1997. Their work is amazing - it never fails to put my world back into kilter in some form or fashion.
Third Day is awesome, especially their new stuff! Glad to know a fellow-board member shares my musical taste! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:16 PM   #520
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Bob Log III- Log Bomb
Hilltop Hoods- The Calling
G LOVE & SPECIAL SAUCE

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here