Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #2201
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

He's back. His verse on "No Love" (f/ Lil Wayne) is probably the best rap verse I've ever heard.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 08-18-2010 at 12:33 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #2202
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

TOADIES - Feeler

FILTER - The Trouble with Angels

Great CD, Filter's Best, and the Best Rock CD I've heard in a while
Old 08-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #2203
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

^ Good call on the new/old Toadies album. It's nice to finally have quality recordings of all those songs.

The Morning Benders - Big Echo

untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #2204
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Old 09-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #2205
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #2206
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Mastodon - Remission
Old 09-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #2207
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Not to sound too gay... but the new Sara Bareilles CD is incredible.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #2208
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #2209
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Bernados-yes Mastadon. We toured with them at ozzfest '05.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #2210
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

That must've been crazy. Well, I heard they're kind of a-holes, but I don't give a crap, just keep pumping out great music! And don't die choking in your own vomit! That's the message I got for them.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #2211
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
That must've been crazy. Well, I heard they're kind of a-holes, but I don't give a crap, just keep pumping out great music! And don't die choking in your own vomit! That's the message I got for them.
It was cool. The only one that is really out there and imo can be considered an A-hole is Brent. He may be officially insane. Did some crazy stuff for sure. Was an A hole/dirtbag during interviews and such but was always nice to most other bands.

If you like Mastadon, I'm sure you have heard Gojira?.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #2212
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Yes, I did. They opened for Metallica (along with Lamb of God) when they were here in Hollywood, FL. That's where I saw them. And apparently my girlfriend has some kind of obsession with them. She says she didn't know french men could sound so manly (no offense to any French /French-descent users the board may have).
Old 09-13-2010, 01:52 AM   #2213
fluid.forty.one

This is old but Jason Mraz is the man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l74d1fmZbw
Old 09-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #2214
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post

He's back. His verse on "No Love" (f/ Lil Wayne) is probably the best rap verse I've ever heard.
Finally listened to the whole thing... wow he's definitely back. I still think the best rap in any song ever is The Way I Am off the Marshall Mathers LP.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #2215
Just211
Platinum Member

gave Linkin Park - 1000 suns one "spin"
it doesnt deserve another
Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #2216
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, Gojira is amazing. I want to see them when they headline their own show instead of opening up for Metallica. That crowd was BORING. I mean seriously, Gojira and Lamb of God deserve more than the old farts sitting in their seats talking. I really couldn't believe it.

Also, I am in love with the double bass thing on the drums. Love it! I am definitely a sucker for drummers. Too bad my boyfriend is content on playing guitar.

I've actually been getting into Black Label Society lately. I need to buy one of their albums.

Last edited by AngieO41; 09-15-2010 at 04:42 PM.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #2217
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

The Walkmen - Lisbon

Interpol - Interpol

Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter III

!!! - Strange Weather, Isn't It?

untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #2218
fluid.forty.one

Old 09-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #2219
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes...

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #2220
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post

Oh yes...
Sasha Baron Cohen is playing Freddy in the movie.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #2221
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I read on CNN.com. I'm pretty excited about it, once the makeup team is done with him, i'm sure he will look exactly like Freddie. It's going to be awesome.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #2222
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
not only do i love this album, i could possibly love the liner notes more. If you have the physical copy of the cd, check it out. Sums up my feelings about music better than I could have written.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #2223
fluid.forty.one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsD6uEZsIsU

still the prettiest acoustic guitar song I've ever heard.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #2224
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Old 09-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #2225
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 PM   #2226
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I went to Half-Price Books today and looked through their LP collection. I found two LPs of a group called the Chad Mitchell Trio, which was active during the 60s and has had several reunions since. Never thought I'd see a Chad Mitchell Trio record in Texas.

Interestingly (at least to me), the Chad Mitchell Trio was the first group to record Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind." For this 1962 album (Peter, Paul, and Mary didn't release it until June of 1963), originally called The Chad Mitchell Trio in Action, they wanted to release it as a single. Mercury Records said no, apparently, because no song had ever been a hit with the word "death" in it ("How many deaths will it take 'til he knows that too many people have died?"). So they passed, PP&M picked it up, recorded it, and that was it. The Chad Mitchell Trio never hit it really big time, although they did perform on Ed Sullivan several times.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #2227
Rick41
Diamond Member

England never fails to produce awesome bands.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #2228
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post

England never fails to produce awesome bands.
+1! Muse is my favorite band, simply AMAZING. The Resistance is good, but nowhere near their earlier stuff. You absolutely HAVE to check out "Origin of Symmetry", "Absolution" and "Showbiz". Those three albums just define great music. Matt Bellamy is one of the most talented artists I've ever seen. They also do THE best live shows.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #2229
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

This:

Samples:

Nightmares On Wax - Argha Noah

Nightmares On Wax - Les Nuits

And this, some beautiful liquid funk (brand new, no photo just yet)

LENZMAN FEAT. RIYA - OPEN PAGE
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #2230
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

^^good NOW album. Love the song "Morse"
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #2231
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
^^good NOW album. Love the song "Morse"
I love that one, too.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #2232
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Kicking it old school today:

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 10-03-2010 at 07:52 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #2233
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

really digging it. Solid all the way through. I've liked most of their stuff, but this is better than "Futures" and "Chase this Light"
Old 10-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #2234
fluid.forty.one

billlllly joelllllll
Old 10-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #2235
fluid.forty.one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSnWhsmlGec
Old 10-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #2236
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Old 10-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #2237
ribosoma
Golden Member

Local Natives - Wide Eyes
Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #2238
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

really good.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #2239
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Wumpscut - Bunkertor 7

Old 10-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #2240
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

http://vimeo.com/3164191

Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here