Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of
Default Would you guys want Granger??

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...ce_on_granger/

I guess the Pacesr would consider. Is there an offer that we can make that would not destroy our team?? I really like Butler, buit I think you wuld have to consider it if Indiana was willing to take him.

Butler
Jones
Ian
a pick??

for
Granger
Jones?? or maybe one of their bigs

Maybe I am overrating Granger here a bit, but his scoring ability and lenght would fit in well with this team.

Kidd
Stevenson
Granger
Dirk
Chandler........sounds good to me

Jet
Marion
Haywood
Roddy
Old 01-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I'd make that trade in a second, but I don't think Dallas could get Granger without giving up Booby.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

IMO if the FO thinks that after the trade we can play as well as we did before Butler went down ...which was without Roddy...I would easily include him and keep Jones.

I think Roddy is a good young player...but I am not head over heels fr him like most because while I do think that he can help I dont think he can put us over the top.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Granger would be a great fit for this team as long as you didn't expect him to create his own shots, because he's surprisingly bad at that considering how many points he scores. But he is great from midrange and would look even better getting passes with Kidd.

I agree though, that it would definitely take trading Roddy to get him, which I would do -- though Indy might want to see him play a little bit this year before they'd pull the trigger themselves.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
AO41
Platinum Member

Butler
Roddy
Ajnica
pick

for

Granger
???
Old 01-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Butler
Roddy
Ajnica
pick

for

Granger
???
Where can I sign?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #7
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give up Roddy for Granger, very little hesitation. Granger is hugely underrated.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:47 AM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I seriously doubt the Pacers trade Granger, but I'd be all over it in a heartbeat, Granger with be an awesome fit here.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:25 AM   #9
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I'd make that trade in a second, but I don't think Dallas could get Granger without giving up Booby.
This

and I would give up booby in a split second to get Granger

Booby
Butler
Ian

2 First rounders lottery protected
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:27 AM   #10
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Not sure about past years but his clutch stats suck this year
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote