Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-27-2018, 05:45 AM   #521
trukop

trukop is a jewel in the roughtrukop is a jewel in the roughtrukop is a jewel in the roughtrukop is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I haven't written a few months ago. So, I'm going to introduce my self one more time. I'm from Spain and Real Madrid & Luka Doncic supporter. I've seen Luka Doncic play since he was a little child (he arrived to Real Madrid when we was 12 years old). Every year he improves something. Two years ago, he added tha step back and shoot to his game. Last year, he improved post movements. This years he has improved shoot % and range. Luka Doncic is something that I've never seen in my live. As the good wine, he improves something every year. Has he any roof? I think not!!!! He has the abillity to make statistics. I said that one year ago in other forum where people of your country said to me:"Doncic is overrated" "Doncic will crash on the NBA" "Donic hasn't athletic skills". Bull shit!!!! He has the most important things in the basketball. IQ and cluntch.

Luka is 43% FG. Is very good. But only 36,4% 3pt. Ok, it ins't enought for a NBA star. But, look, the 50% of his 3 points shoots are after step back, clunch mode or difficult positions. If I check players who shoot in similar situations, we'll see Curry with 45,8 % (crazy) and Harden with 37,6%. It means that Doncic 3 range is not bad. And I'm sure he will improve it and his FT percentage next years.

I suppose that you realize that Doncic is already the Dallas Maveriks MVP. So, it's mandatory to create a team around him. What does he need?
He's a playmaker. He needs ball at 3/4 and decides the game. But, he can not defende small and fast point guards. He needs a point guard very good on defence side and with a good shoot range. Also, he needs a small forward very good on the two sides (defence and attack). I think that Barnes is the perfect SF for Luka but DSJ...I think that he's a problem. DSJ is not a good defender. He hasn't shoot range. He hasn't IQ and he needs ball to make stats. Is it possible a trade? In spain we're listening news about potential trades. What do you think?
The paint. Luka needs a PF with shoot range. A Dirk 30 years old would be perfect but he's 40. Anyone more? I think that Dallas need a FA next season. Center. I think that Jordan is a great center, but he doesn't understand the game. He hasn't shoot range to be dangerous at 4-5 meters of the ring. That is a big problem. Why? Because one of the best Doncic's weapons is his pick&roll and pick&pop read (to pass, shoot or attack the ring). When Joran&Luka do a pick&pop, the other center dive to the ring to protect it because Jordan is not dangerous at 4-5 meters. Could be Cousin healthy a possibility?

Ok, guys, I'll be glad to read your answers.

Best Regards,
trukop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2018, 08:24 AM   #522
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trukop View Post
Hi,

I haven't written a few months ago. So, I'm going to introduce my self one more time. I'm from Spain and Real Madrid & Luka Doncic supporter. I've seen Luka Doncic play since he was a little child (he arrived to Real Madrid when we was 12 years old). Every year he improves something. Two years ago, he added tha step back and shoot to his game. Last year, he improved post movements. This years he has improved shoot % and range. Luka Doncic is something that I've never seen in my live. As the good wine, he improves something every year. Has he any roof? I think not!!!! He has the abillity to make statistics. I said that one year ago in other forum where people of your country said to me:"Doncic is overrated" "Doncic will crash on the NBA" "Donic hasn't athletic skills". Bull shit!!!! He has the most important things in the basketball. IQ and cluntch.

Luka is 43% FG. Is very good. But only 36,4% 3pt. Ok, it ins't enought for a NBA star. But, look, the 50% of his 3 points shoots are after step back, clunch mode or difficult positions. If I check players who shoot in similar situations, we'll see Curry with 45,8 % (crazy) and Harden with 37,6%. It means that Doncic 3 range is not bad. And I'm sure he will improve it and his FT percentage next years.

I suppose that you realize that Doncic is already the Dallas Maveriks MVP. So, it's mandatory to create a team around him. What does he need?
He's a playmaker. He needs ball at 3/4 and decides the game. But, he can not defende small and fast point guards. He needs a point guard very good on defence side and with a good shoot range. Also, he needs a small forward very good on the two sides (defence and attack). I think that Barnes is the perfect SF for Luka but DSJ...I think that he's a problem. DSJ is not a good defender. He hasn't shoot range. He hasn't IQ and he needs ball to make stats. Is it possible a trade? In spain we're listening news about potential trades. What do you think?
The paint. Luka needs a PF with shoot range. A Dirk 30 years old would be perfect but he's 40. Anyone more? I think that Dallas need a FA next season. Center. I think that Jordan is a great center, but he doesn't understand the game. He hasn't shoot range to be dangerous at 4-5 meters of the ring. That is a big problem. Why? Because one of the best Doncic's weapons is his pick&roll and pick&pop read (to pass, shoot or attack the ring). When Joran&Luka do a pick&pop, the other center dive to the ring to protect it because Jordan is not dangerous at 4-5 meters. Could be Cousin healthy a possibility?

Best Regards,
Welcome to the board trukop!

I agree with a lot of your assessment to the situation but I don't think DSJ is a problem. I think he will grow into a lot of what you say Luka will need as a backcourt mate. His defense has improved immensely and the shot can eventually come. My biggest concern with DSJ and Luka is that I think DSJ just needs to build confidence and that might be hard for him with Luka being the main guy now. Time will tell though.

I'm not sold on Barnes being a good fit yet and with his contract situation I'm not sure he'll be a long-term solution. He seems to want to be the go-to guy but Luka has completely overshadowed him in that regard.

I think Maxi is the poor-man's version of what you want in a PF and I do agree with that assessment but it will be difficult finding someone better. Wouldn't surprise me if Randle will be a major target for us in FA though.

I'm on the fence with DJ because he has filled a tremendous void this team has had since the prime Tyson Chandler days which is rebounding. That has been a nightmare for this team for the past several years. But his defense is disappointing and I certainly don't want us to pay near max money for primarily a rebounder.

I'd give it some time with DSJ but I'm concerned the FO might not give him the time he will need and may move him for an immediate fit. I'd hate to see that because DSJ and Luka could become something special imo.

You've found a great forum for Mavs' chat and again welcome aboard!

Last edited by rimrocker; 12-27-2018 at 08:28 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:52 AM   #523
burner2014

burner2014 will become famous soon enough

After seeing Randle I feel he should be our FA target. Thought about him already 2-3 months ago.

We need to build the best team around Luka in my opinion. DJ is the best we can have on the market at the moment. DJ and Randle together, I would like it, if randle works further on his 3 pointer
burner2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:50 AM   #524
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Got this gem from the Pelican's forum...

"I saw the future of the NBA yesterday, and it has a Slovenian birth certificate."

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #525
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,

Best Regards,
Welcome and nice post.

Cousins will need to prove that he is the player he was before his injury and that is the big question with him. If he is, then of course he is a possibility. I think he would fit amazingly with Luka. I disagree with you that DJ doesn't understand the game. He understands the game fine, and knows his limitations and that he just doesn't have the range to shoot on the pick n pop. He is 2nd in the league in rebounding and might even take the lead before all star break. We have struggled for years with rebounding and we need the ball in Luka's hands as much as possible.

I agree you about DSJ, at this moment. It might be too early to trade him unless get something nice and productive immediately in return. He could turn out to be Westbrook-ish. Do you really want to give that away if we get nothing in return for him? That's what would happen if we moved him. He is only 20.

I'm not sure about Barnes being perfect next to Luka because he has blinders on when he decides he is going to drive the ball. He takes it in the paint into collapsing defense often and misses open guys. He misses Wes and Luka on the perimeter and takes a highly contested layup or inside shot enough for me to have grown hesitant on him. He is currently putting some good stat lines tho.

For me, it's easier to see this situation as: Luka is very young and already this good, we have a little time for guys like DSJ and DFS to grow more, contracts to expire, and build interest from other potential free agents.
When guys like Lillard, Lebron and many others are talking about Luka, Dallas is now a place where guys would be interested to play.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:10 AM   #526
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Got this gem from the Pelican's forum...

"I saw the future of the NBA yesterday, and it has a Slovenian birth certificate."
Fact, and that's cool to see from other fans.

You can see that Luka expects greatness from himself and has a big imagination. He has far surpassed what I thought he would be in his rookie year. There were a lot of folks talking about how his ceiling isn't as high as some other lottery picks but his floor is higher...Blah blah. Meanwhile, He doesn't appear to have a ceiling.

Old 12-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #527
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

The fact is over his last 6 games he's putting up 24 8 and 7 essentially. And he's doing that with pedestrian 43%fg and 31% from 3pt. in other words he's not on a hot streak, these are just ho hum games for the kid. If you can walk on the court and put up those numbers and it's clear he can play so much better.... The word special is used a lot but my God. Seriously it's the most obvious thing in the world that Luka is special at this point. I mean I just have a few words more-

Thank you Atlanta. Thank you so fucking much.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:40 PM   #528
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
The fact is over his last 6 games he's putting up 24 8 and 7 essentially. And he's doing that with pedestrian 43%fg and 31% from 3pt. in other words he's not on a hot streak, these are just ho hum games for the kid. If you can walk on the court and put up those numbers and it's clear he can play so much better.... The word special is used a lot but my God. Seriously it's the most obvious thing in the world that Luka is special at this point. I mean I just have a few words more-

Thank you Atlanta. Thank you so fucking much.
Well he is doing two excellent things lately. 1. Not turning the ball over. 2. Getting to the line.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #529
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Hi,

Best Regards,
Cousins will want the bank, but he can fit next to Doncic as he is dangerous any where on the floor in the 2 man game. Brook Lopez is a another guy who has range to the stripe, he's also a free agent.

As for guards, Klay Thompson would be the ultimate 2 guard next to Doncic as he could defend man to man down to 1's. Offensively he understands how to use screens, curl, catch and decide what to do. Oladipo is another guy who can team up with Doncic in the back court as a man to man defender as well as someone who can move and play without the ball.

Kevin Love is probably the 4 that fits with Doncic as the spot up shooter.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:52 PM   #530
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Simmons has a podcast up from Dec 5th with Marc Stein. Lot of Luka, Dirk, and Mavs talk. Worth a listen if you’ve got time to kill. It starts the show with Luka talk and moves into Anthony Davis talk, but they come back to the Mavs again. Stein is good since he’s from the area and has been covering the Mavs for a long time.

Last edited by BPo001; 12-28-2018 at 04:52 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:57 AM   #531
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Luka Doncic: The Comet
https://www.marca.com/en/more-sports...e058b45ba.html

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 12-30-2018 at 11:53 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:39 PM   #532
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Stretch of 5 games in 7 nights including two back to backs. Gross. Hope they sit Luka for one of those games. Time to start protecting “the franchise”.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:51 PM   #533
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Stretch of 5 games in 7 nights including two back to backs. Gross. Hope they sit Luka for one of those games. Time to start protecting “the franchise”.
You don't "protect" 19-year-olds by sitting them -- he needs to learn to play through this stretch because this is how the NBA works.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 01:53 PM   #534
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
He’s not your typical rookie. He’s used to playing more games than kids coming out of the NCAA.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:45 AM   #535
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

21/6/6 in december. And to me the most impressive statistical jump from november is FTA/g which more than doubled (from 3,8 to 8,3). The kid is learning fast tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #536
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@johnschuhmann: Most 3PM in the last 6 seconds of the shot clock (via @SecondSpectrum)

1. Harden: 44-for-126 (35%)
2. Doncic: 23-for-64 (36%)
3. Dinwiddie: 21-for-66 (32%)
4. Conley: 19-for-68 (28%)
5. Griffin: 18-for-66 (27%)

Old 01-02-2019, 11:12 AM   #537
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see we got recognition for 3 of the best current NBA players at every age.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartanntp

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-02-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:28 PM   #538
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Cousins will want the bank, but he can fit next to Doncic as he is dangerous any where on the floor in the 2 man game. Brook Lopez is a another guy who has range to the stripe, he's also a free agent.

As for guards, Klay Thompson would be the ultimate 2 guard next to Doncic as he could defend man to man down to 1's. Offensively he understands how to use screens, curl, catch and decide what to do. Oladipo is another guy who can team up with Doncic in the back court as a man to man defender as well as someone who can move and play without the ball.

Kevin Love is probably the 4 that fits with Doncic as the spot up shooter.
Kevin Love extension is one of those not touching with a ten foot pole things.

Klay Thompson is a pipe dream, but I don't mind dreamin'...

Will wait and see how Cousins looks post-Achilles.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #539
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/JoshGerben/statu...42344992894977

I hate this damn nickname. Please God make it stop.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #540
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yea I won't be referring to him as the matador, ever. Lol what a bad nickname.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #541
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He's not Spanish and his defense is actually solid. What a terrible nickname.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #542
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
He's not Spanish and his defense is actually solid. What a terrible nickname.
I think the nickname was more because he is a showman and plays to the crowd.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:35 PM   #543
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I think the nickname was more because he is a showman and plays to the crowd.
And the fact that he avoids defenders.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:37 PM   #544
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Not sure where that nickname originated but Harp and Followill have been calling him that from day 1.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:39 PM   #545
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Not sure where that nickname originated but Harp and Followill have been calling him that from day 1.
Sure it wasn't Wade? He seems perfect to come up with meaningless and pointless nicknames.

We need to be ahead of the curve as fans and keep him as the Wonderboy, or just Luka...
Old 01-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #546
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Someone on the training staff came up with it IIRC

But yeah it needs to go, it's terrible tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:51 PM   #547
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Its a dumb name. Harper insists on calling him that. Harper sucks and shouldn't have had his number retired.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 05:16 PM   #548
rimrocker
Diamond Member

OK...for some fun lets come up with some cool nicknames for him on this board.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:25 PM   #549
BPo001
Diamond Member

I’m not sure if this is where it originated, but found this in an article.

Dončić may have been born to play basketball, but he lives to put on a show. “We’ve said from day one, he’s almost like a matador,” Nowitzki says. “He loves playing off the crowd, loves to make spectacular plays.” Trying is its own form of daring.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #550
Underdog

Quote:
"Luka" is all you need, just like "Dirk"... Classics don't need gimmicks.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:42 PM   #551
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
"Luka" is all you need, just like "Dirk"... Classics don't need gimmicks.
Man, you blow all of the fun
But you are right!
Old 01-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #552
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I’m not sure if this is where it originated, but found this in an article.

Dončić may have been born to play basketball, but he lives to put on a show. “We’ve said from day one, he’s almost like a matador,” Nowitzki says. “He loves playing off the crowd, loves to make spectacular plays.” Trying is its own form of daring.
Hmmmmm...so Dirk is the one to blame.

I remember when Dirk was younger he told one of the older vets that he was as old as dirt. l guess now the younger guys can tell older vets they are as old as Dirk

Gotta love that old guy but not sure he got that nickname right if that is true.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:58 PM   #553
Rostick

Rostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura about

I know "The Don" was one given to him

Quote:
Rostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:13 PM   #554
Rostick

Rostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura about

Hey Guys,

I`m new on this forum, been a big NBA fan for a long time. I`m from Romania, so I`m European.

I had two favorite players in Europe in recent years, Teodosic (who unfortunately is a victim of Doc Rivers at the moment) and Doncic.

I campaigned for Doncic to go number one more than one year before the draft (my twitter is my witness), he really is a special player. For anybody who watched him, it was mind boggling that he didn`t go No.1. NBA execs should have known that he can transition easily to the NBA. Those guys are stealing money!

I was delighted he ended up with the Mavs, a team which I like and is a great fit for him.

My first interaction with the Mavs was back in 2006, when I was 18 and bet 50 bucks or so on the Heat to win, and was so happy that they did, although I realized they were lucky and boy, did they shoot a lot of free throws. I still remember Dirk missed 1 or 2 clutch free throw(s) in one game, don`t remember which one. I quickly went on to like the Mavs, realizing they should have won those finals. To this day, I feel uncomfortable that I rooted for the Heat in those finals.

Point is, I had an affinity / liking for the Mavs since 06-07. I love Dirk, and as an online entrepreneur and programmer, I always liked Mark Cuban. Mavs fanbase always seemed like a cool one to me.

So I always liked y`all, but now with Doncic I`m an official fan.

Curry is still my favorite player and I`m rooting for both the Mavs and the Warriors, so I hope you will not hold that against me. I fully acknowledge I`ll never be a hardcore, born & bred Mavs fan like most of you, but I really like this team, and I`ll probably post from time to time.

Cheers,
Rostick

Last edited by Rostick; 01-02-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Rostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:54 PM   #555
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostick View Post
Hey Guys,

I`m new on this forum, been a big NBA fan for a long time. I`m from Romania, so I`m European.

I had two favorite players in Europe in recent years, Teodosic (who unfortunately is a victim of Doc Rivers at the moment) and Doncic.

I campaigned for Doncic to go number one more than one year before the draft (my twitter is my witness), he really is a special player. For anybody who watched him, it was mind boggling that he didn`t go No.1. NBA execs should have known that he can transition easily to the NBA. Those guys are stealing money!

I was delighted he ended up with the Mavs, a team which I like and is a great fit for him.

My first interaction with the Mavs was back in 2006, when I was 18 and bet 50 bucks or so on the Heat to win, and was so happy that they did, although I realized they were lucky and boy, did they shoot a lot of free throws. I still remember Dirk missed 1 or 2 clutch free throw(s) in one game, don`t remember which one. I quickly went on to like the Mavs, realizing they should have won those finals. To this day, I feel uncomfortable that I rooted for the Heat in those finals.

Point is, I had an affinity / liking for the Mavs since 06-07. I love Dirk, and as an online entrepreneur and programmer, I always liked Mark Cuban. Mavs fanbase always seemed like a cool one to me.

Curry is still my favorite player and I`m rooting for both the Mavs and the Warriors, so I hope you will not hold that against me. I fully acknowledge I`ll never be a hardcore, born & bred Mavs fan like most of you, but I really like this team, and I`ll probably post from time to time.

Cheers,
Rostick
Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #556
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Luka Doncic has as many 10 rebound games (5) in 35 games as Andrew Wiggins* has in 365 games in his career.
*signed a 4 year/$147,710,050 contract with Timberwolves.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:11 AM   #557
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostick View Post
Hey Guys,

Cheers,
Rostick
Welcome!

Old 01-03-2019, 11:58 AM   #558
Underdog

Old 01-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #559
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

He's accumulating quite the GIF collection at this point lol.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:16 PM   #560
Skywalker
Diamond Member

This is crazy

Quote: