Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 12:25 AM   #1
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Says the guy who thinks all immigrants are rapists and murderers...
You are acting quite obtuse. You know I never said anything like that. It should be quite obvious that people that break the law by illegally crossing the border are more likely to break the law while in the country as well. That includes rape, drugs, murders, and etc. Trump will be sending them back to their home country. Legal immigrants are probably safer than home born citizens here. As they went through extreme vetting.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 04-19-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:09 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
You are acting quite obtuse. You know I never said anything like that. It should be quite obvious that people that break the law by illegally crossing the border are more likely to break the law while in the country as well. That includes rape, drugs, murders, and etc. Trump will be sending them back to their home country. Legal immigrants are probably safer than home born citizens here. As they went through extreme vetting.
But they don't come here to break the law, they come here to work or escape oppression. If we made it easier for them to become legal immigrants, then they wouldn't be breaking any laws at all. Most of these people just want to live the same life you do, they're not interested in harming anyone. It's like you've never met an illegal immigrant before and just get your information from the propaganda machine that enriches billionaires while we fight amongst ourselves over superficial reasons like skin color, religion, or national origin. None of our problems will go away if we kick these people out of this country.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:20 AM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Immigrants, legal and illegal, commit crimes at a fraction the rate of legal citizens. There is zero evidence to support your theory that crossing the border illegally will lead to additional crimes with any sort of regularity.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:39 AM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Immigrants, legal and illegal, commit crimes at a fraction the rate of legal citizens. There is zero evidence to support your theory that crossing the border illegally will lead to additional crimes with any sort of regularity.
Yeah, it's almost as if the threat of being deported works as some kind of a deterrent... Here's an exercise for the next time any of you Texans are commuting to work: count how many people who speed by you or ride your ass are Mexicans... You won't see it because they don't do it.

The people who are rapists tend to be the ones who think they can get away with something... That's why you'll read more about rich, white UT frat boys raping women than immigrants.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-19-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:51 AM   #5
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As a once-illegal-immigrant I feel like I have to chime in here.

I was brought here as a 13 year old and one thing my parents were deathly scared of doing or of having me do is break the law. We thought committing a crime would certainly get us sent back.

I believe (and am backed up by statistics) that the vast majority of immigrants feel the same way and therefore commit crimes at not just a lower rate, but an astoundingly lower rate than natural born citizens. Which means having immigrants lowers the average crime rate per capita.