Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Kidd isn't going to a loser to play for Avery Johnson. Kidd is going to back-up Deron Williams here in Dallas.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Jason Kidd isn't going to a loser to play for Avery Johnson. Kidd is going to back-up Deron Williams here in Dallas.
Sounds like he's backing up Deron in Dallas or Brooklyn, it's on Williams. He's done playing 38 a night.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Sounds like he's backing up Deron in Dallas or Brooklyn, it's on Williams. He's done playing 38 a night.
I seriously think it will be a cold day in hell before Kidd plays ANY minutes under Avery again. I guess stranger things have happened, but Kidd is going to be one of the main guys to recruit Deron to come here...not vice versa.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. No way in hell Kidd plays for AJ again.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

One-year contract for Kidd sounds right. I think he just wants to make decent money for his year (not minimum). This shouldn't be a problem since he seems to want to play with Deron so he will need to see Deron make his decision first.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
One-year contract for Kidd sounds right. I think he just wants to make decent money for his year (not minimum). This shouldn't be a problem since he seems to want to play with Deron so he will need to see Deron make his decision first.
Yea, decision first, and then the money details after. Wade went to management and told them he'd take less than the max to fit LBJ and Bosh. So they went hard after both, got their decisions and then hammered out the money details later.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

The people on Nets Daily are completely delusional about Kidd playing for Avery again. IF it really is down to Brooklyn or the Mavs, Kidd isn't going to play for Avery ever again.

Period.

The chances of me hooking up with Giselle and Scarlett together are greater than Kidd signing with the Nyets. Kidd either resigns with the Mavs or tries to go to a contender for more than the Vet minimum. He isn't going to sign with a team that reeks of losing like the Nets. They are atrocious, abysmal, and awful.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
The people on Nets Daily are completely delusional about Kidd playing for Avery again. IF it really is down to Brooklyn or the Mavs, Kidd isn't going to play for Avery ever again.

Period.

The chances of me hooking up with Giselle and Scarlett together are greater than Kidd signing with the Nyets. Kidd either resigns with the Mavs or tries to go to a contender for more than the Vet minimum. He isn't going to sign with a team that reeks of losing like the Nets. They are atrocious, abysmal, and awful.
I just popped on there to read up on what they're saying. There's a poster or two who gets it. The rest are hilarious.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #9
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to say how (if at all) this affects anything with Deron, but apparently Ramon Sessions is not going to exercise his player option. So he'll be a FA and come off LA's books.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Hard to say how (if at all) this affects anything with Deron, but apparently Ramon Sessions is not going to exercise his player option. So he'll be a FA and come off LA's books.
I wonder if the Lakers convinced him to walk, or if he thinks he deserves more than the $4.5M he's owed? I doubt he'll land anywhere that gives him a better chance to win a ring though...

As far as Deron goes - the Lakers already owe $80M between just seven players after picking up the qualifying offer on Bynum. I suppose they could work out a sign-and-trade with Deron in exchange for Gasol, but the Nets would probably be better off stacking young players (like OKC) than committing to Pau Gasol being the face of their franchise when they move into Barclays.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-19-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I wonder if the Lakers convinced him to walk, or if he thinks he deserves more than the $4.5M he's owed? I doubt he'll land anywhere that gives him a better chance to win a ring though...

As far as Deron goes - the Lakers already owe $80M between just seven players after picking up the qualifying offer on Bynum. I suppose they could work out a sign-and-trade with Deron in exchange for Gasol, but the Nets would probably be better off stacking young players (like OKC) than committing to Pau Gasol being the face of their franchise when they move into Barclays.
Right. The Nets have been fairly clear (although I guess it could be posturing) that they'd prefer the cap space from Deron leaving than having Gasol.

I think they'd consider a Deron-for-Bynum SNT, but would the Lakers do that? Deron is great, but giving up a young, talented, incredibly big player seems like an incredibly foolish thing to do (unless you're getting another young, talented, big player like Dwight in return).

Old 06-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Right. The Nets have been fairly clear (although I guess it could be posturing) that they'd prefer the cap space from Deron leaving than having Gasol.

I think they'd consider a Deron-for-Bynum SNT, but would the Lakers do that? Deron is great, but giving up a young, talented, incredibly big player seems like an incredibly foolish thing to do (unless you're getting another young, talented, big player like Dwight in return).
Yeah, I'd say both guys have about the same overall impact on the game, so a Bynum-for-Deron swap would just be trading a big for a small... Which is pretty much a cardinal sin in basketball.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-19-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
LonghornDub

Quote:
Yeah, I'd say both guys have about the same overall impact on the game, so a Bynum-for-Deron swap would just be trading a big for a small... Which is pretty much a cardinal sin in basketball.
I agree. And with Sessions leaving, the team is even shallower. Can Deron+old Kobe+old-ish Pau+Artest get out of the second round?

Old 06-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #14
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:

I think Sessions is looking for his final pay day before the supposed market correction hits next summer. He's probably looking for 3-4 years.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #15
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with keeping Kidd may come down to money. He's a nice piece for any contender, but way more valuable to one who does not have Dwill, like, say Chicago or Miami, that is really weak at point guard.

My fear is that the Mavs have so many needs, and depending on who else becomes available, we won't be able to afford Kidd. Frankly, if we get DWill, I'd much rather spend to keep Jet than Kidd. He's got more left in the tank, is still a great 4th quarter threat to spread the floor, and is more deserving to retire as a Mav.

Is anyone expecting salaries to come down in light of the new CBA, allowing us to get more talent for less cash? The anticipation is killing me.

Last edited by G-Man; 06-19-2012 at 11:06 AM.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
The problem with keeping Kidd may come down to money. He's a nice piece for any contender, but way more valuable to one who does not have Dwill, like, say Chicago or Miami, that is really weak at point guard.

My fear is that the Mavs have so many needs, and depending on who else becomes available, we won't be able to afford Kidd. Frankly, if we get DWill, I'd much rather spend to keep Jet than Kidd. He's got more left in the tank, is still a great 4th quarter threat to spread the floor, and is more deserving to retire as a Mav.

Is anyone expecting salaries to come down in light of the new CBA, allowing us to get more talent for less cash? The anticipation is killing me.
The rate increases in the lux tax don't kick in until next season. Cuban projects the market correction won't start until next summer. But i would think many other teams would take Cuban's lead and stay disciplined in keeping as much flexibility going into summer 2013. Couple of players who feel the same way, Gerald Wallace and Ramon Sessions have already opted out of their deals, in hopes of getting a multi year deal. Sessions was set to rake in 4.5 million, he'll probably get a 3 year 10 million dollar deal somewhere.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Jet's next contract and Kidd's next contract are not going to be comparable in any way.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #18
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Jet's next contract and Kidd's next contract are not going to be comparable in any way.
True but. Lets say Jet will stay for 6 million and Kidd wants 3. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather keep Jet than Kidd if I don't have enough money for both. Its the same argument I made to amnesty Big Wood and apply his salary towards keeping Tyson. We could have probably kept Tyson for 11 million over 5 years. That would have been a much better way to spend Haywood's 8 million than giving it to Haywood. As much as I love and respect Cuban, not keeping Tyson will rate as his biggest mistake since guessing Nash would be washed up in 5 years. (only I was ok with losing a PG who couldn't play D)
Old 06-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #19
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

This seems important. Not sure how it affects the Mavs at this time, but it seems like this gives teams a lot more flexibility than I've been guessing they would have under the new CBA.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ts-affects-cap
Old 06-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #20
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True but. Lets say Jet will stay for 6 million and Kidd wants 3. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather keep Jet than Kidd if I don't have enough money for both. Its the same argument I made to amnesty Big Wood and apply his salary towards keeping Tyson. We could have probably kept Tyson for 11 million over 5 years. That would have been a much better way to spend Haywood's 8 million than giving it to Haywood. As much as I love and respect Cuban, not keeping Tyson will rate as his biggest mistake since guessing Nash would be washed up in 5 years. (only I was ok with losing a PG who couldn't play D)
Except you still had to give Haywood his money. That's what you and so many others seem to ignore in this discussion.

As to the original point, Jet's 6+ million will almost certainly be for 3 years or more, whereas Kidd will probably sign for one year. Not signing Kidd is not going to open up enough resources to make re-signing Jet make sense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 06-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Neither of those teams really have money to really work with your "may come down to money" issue. I don't think Chicago and Miami are necessarily weak at point guard, either. With Miami, Wade and James are your primary ball-handlers. We can say they stunk last year but really, they've been in the Finals for two years in a row. They just need to keep to their plan and keep adding pieces along the way. I would think their next piece on their checklist is a big who can clog the lane and bring defense and rebounding. Yeah, there can be names at the point who can be associated with them, but I don't really think it's their primary need. Chicago, most teams are going to be pretty crappy to end the year when their star goes down. If Rose makes a healthy return, then that'll solve the problem. Chicago's issue is similar to Dallas' in the sense they need more weapons that create on offense on their own.

Quote:

I really don't see that happening. Sure, you still have Gasol in camp if you go that way, but I'm sure they can get a piece or two (probably from HOU) that makes the most sense to replenish their roster with a Gasol deal.. It'd make more sense, to me, to go that route.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 06-19-2012 at 06:12 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #22
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Do we know Sessions is leaving? Couldn't they offer him a extension? I think the thing with Sessions is it is more about the years than anything, he has bounced around for team to team and wants long term security.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #23
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Do we know Sessions is leaving? Couldn't they offer him a extension? I think the thing with Sessions is it is more about the years than anything, he has bounced around for team to team and wants long term security.
I'd imagine this would be pretty difficult given their cap situation.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I'd imagine this would be pretty difficult given their cap situation.
They'll have Bird rights on him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #25
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
They'll have Bird rights on him.
Good call. Then maybe that's the plan?

Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #26
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to see here, move along.

Kidd open to Nets reunion, mentoring Lin with Knicks

Quote:
Like any smart free agent, Jason Kidd did not dismiss any potential landing spots during a Monday conference call.

The free agent point guard said he was open to re-signing with the Mavericks, intrigued by the idea of teaming with Deron Williams in Brooklyn or becoming a tutor for Jeremy Lin with the Knicks.

The Nets’ first priority is to try and re-sign Williams, who plans to opt-out of the final year of his contract this summer. Kidd, who has campaigned to have Williams join him in Dallas in the past, said the Nets would have to re-sign their star for the veteran to come to Brooklyn.

"[Williams] is the key because my days of playing 38 minutes are over,” Kidd said, according to multiple reports. “If it’s the backup role to give him time to rest [that’s OK]. Also being able to play alongside a guy like that, we can play off of each other and be successful. It’s something we can look at if it gets done."

Kidd led the Nets to back-to-back Eastern Conference championships in 2002 and 2003. He thinks new owner Mikhail Prokhorov can bring them back to prominence in their new town.

"I think they have an owner that wants to win," Kidd said. "He has the money. I think being able to go into Brooklyn [and] compete — if they re-sign Deron [Williams] and get other pieces — they can compete.”

Kidd, promoting a celebrity golf tournament on the call, talked about Lin and the possibility of mentoring him on the Knicks. Before the Knicks consider any potential free agents, they await word on the Bird rights case involving Lin and Steve Novak. A victory for the union would mean the Knicks would not have to use their $5 million mid-level exception to sign Lin or Novak, and put them in the position to add a prominent free agent.

"That would be a lot of fun, to be able to help a young player like that," Kidd said of Lin, who missed the end of the regular season and playoffs because of a torn meniscus in his knee.

"He has all the tools. We saw that before he got hurt. To help him understand it’s a long season, to pace yourself, and that he’s got to work extremely hard. Also, to share the things that help me be successful and help him be a better player."
Old 06-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #27
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Kidd's negotiating, driving up his value. You could have named all 30 teams during the interview and he would fit in well there.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #28
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,257651

Probably will be similar to the RJ situation years ago. RJ had a player option, declined it to not only help the Spurs cap situation, but cash in on a multi year deal.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #29
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not bury the lead - Kidd's open to a one year deal in Dallas

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/06...deal-from.html

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #30
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Let's not bury the lead - Kidd's open to a one year deal in Dallas

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/06...deal-from.html
Ding. Ding. Ding.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #31
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ding. Ding. Ding.
If he's open to a 1 year deal, doesn't that keep the powder dry for a run at another FA in 2014?
Old 06-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #32
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Someone please educate me on the Kidd situation: If we want to sign Deron outright (after trading/amnestying guys to free up space) do we need to renounce Kidd's rights so he doesn't create a huge cap hold? If we do have to renounce his rights, don't we lose his Bird rights?

I love Kidd's intangibles and I'd like to keep him here almost no matter the cost. I'd definitely bite the bullet and overpay him on a 1-year deal if we can use the rest of our cap space first.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #33
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Someone please educate me on the Kidd situation: If we want to sign Deron outright (after trading/amnestying guys to free up space) do we need to renounce Kidd's rights so he doesn't create a huge cap hold? If we do have to renounce his rights, don't we lose his Bird rights?

I love Kidd's intangibles and I'd like to keep him here almost no matter the cost. I'd definitely bite the bullet and overpay him on a 1-year deal if we can use the rest of our cap space first.
Without Kidd we're at approximately 42 million(Dirk 20, Marion 8, Wood 8, Lamar 2, boobs 2, Jones 1, Carter 1) with Kidd (1.2 * 8 million)it's about 52 million. If we have the intention of keeping Kidd around and if a 4 million salary is agreeable, you ink Kidd first, then work the contracts to squeeze Deron in. I remember back when Miami got the big 3, they got the commitments first, then worked out the details later, LBJ's first year salary was 14 million about 1 million less than his previous season's salary. so he took less than the max, same with Bosh and Haslem, all in an effort to keep Haslem and sign up Miller. So I can see something where Williams does take a million less than his max to squeeze another body in.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #34
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

If not Kidd. I like Dojo to backup PG.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Eek
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #36
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #37
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
*eats live grenade*
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #38
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
*eats live grenade*
This is one of the best posts I've ever read, tbh.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #39
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wat

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #40
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Quote:

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight