Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #401
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Don't sweat it, Doc. I know exactly what you meant.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #402
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

And I knew that you just meant to show your ass and provide ignorant schtick.

No sweat.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #403
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Show my ass? You are the one who called an entire city immoral.

And, yes, we all know what you meant by that.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #404
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Show my ass? You are the one who called an entire city immoral.

And, yes, we all know what you meant by that.
New Orleans has long had the reputation of being an immoral city. I'm certainly not the first nor the last informed person to agree with that fact.

But please do tell what you thought I meant. Racism again? Please...don't be so ignorant when the facts are clear.

And yes...you showed your ass by throwing the race card where it wasn't warranted. You got called out...busted on the point and now are trying to manufacture crap to hold onto a weak ass dying meritless argument on your part.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-11-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #405
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
I really don't see the Cows losing this one, unless our defense falls apart.
from now on, i'll just shut up.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #406
chumdawg
Guru

What did I think you meant? I think you meant that there was a pervasive culture in the city that was immoral.

What did *you* think you meant?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #407
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
Earlier in the blowout, I was hoping for a playoff rematch with the Saints. But now that I think about it, I don't think Dallas wants any part of NO. Payton knows the exact buttons to push on every play if tonight was any indication. The defense looked off-balance from the beginning to the end. The Saints could have rolled up 60 points easy tonight. Even the Cowboys' offense at its best can't compete with that.
yes our offense can compete with that.

our defense, though...i don't know about that.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #408
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Look at the bright side. None of the cowboy's super bowl teams ever went undefeated and more importantly none of them went w/o a few ass kickings in the regular season. This was an ass kicking of the 3rd kind. (chum you know all about that because I think you are from another planet, I believe Spielberg got the rights to this game and is starting to film as we speak. Romo will have a cameo as an angry camel from New Orleans. Drbio will be riding.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #409
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
What did I think you meant? I think you meant that there was a pervasive culture in the city that was immoral.

What did *you* think you meant?
That's not true. You said I was being racist by calling the city immoral and filthy. But that's ok...you haven't been correct since this unfortunate topic all started so I didn't expect you to be now either.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #410
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I probably shouldn't get involved, but Doc was correct in saying that it is an immoral and corupt city, as dude pointed out as well. His first post was a bit harsh, but chum took it too literally. He didn't mean that every single person in the city is an immoral corrupt person. But as a whole, that is the reputation the city has built.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #411
Drbio
Banned

Nemesis...I need a camel pooper scooper. You available?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #412
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I probably shouldn't get involved, but Doc was correct in saying that it is an immoral and corupt city, as dude pointed out as well. His first post was a bit harsh, but chum took it too literally. He didn't mean that every single person in the city is an immoral corrupt person. But as a whole, that is the reputation the city has built.
And chummy knows this but he has painted himself into a corner from which his only option was a graceful exit or to show his ass. Unfortunately he took the wrong route.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #413
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Sure, after I get done with your mama...

Pa CHOW!!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #414
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Look at the bright side. None of the cowboy's super bowl teams ever went undefeated and more importantly none of them went w/o a few ass kickings in the regular season. This was an ass kicking of the 3rd kind. (chum you know all about that because I think you are from another planet, I believe Spielberg got the rights to this game and is starting to film as we speak. Romo will have a cameo as an angry camel from New Orleans. Drbio will be riding.
Don't see much of a bright side on this one. biggest game of the year, at home and they really don't even compete. Pretty sorry. Not sure they'll recover as they may not have the insides for it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:12 AM   #415
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
No, that is NOT the reputation the city has built. Not at all.

You're still in high school, right, and living in Dallas? How would you know?

New Orleans has built a solid reputation of being a thriving hotbed of a unique sort of culture in these United States. They are a fun-loving town. Is there crime and such? Sure there is. Just like there is in any other urban area. (Check Dallas's crime rates, in case you were wondering.) But New Orleans is a jewel of a city. Despite the protestations of Doc and whoever else.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #416
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
And chummy knows this but he has painted himself into a corner from which his only option was a graceful exit or to show his ass. Unfortunately he took the wrong route.
Yeah. He either just seemed misunderstood you or was trying to make you seem like you said something you didn't mean. I got your point, and understood what you meant, so I thought I'd at least try to clear things up.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 12-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #417
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Don't see much of a bright side on this one. biggest game of the year, at home and they really don't even compete. Pretty sorry. Not sure they'll recover as they may not have the insides for it.
Medication and proper counseling can help depression. Remember "depression hurts everyone".

Lighten up, it isn't the end of the road for the Cowboys. I still have the faith in Romo.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #418
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

As the guy responsible for all this I'm gonna have to go ahead and say I knew what DrB meant. I thought he went a little harsh, but I have a tendency go over the top myself so I'm not gonna touch that.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:17 AM   #419
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Sure, after I get done with your mama...

Pa CHOW!!
ba-zing...like I said earlier in another thread....yo mama jokes are underrated.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:17 AM   #420
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Yeah. He either just seemed misunderstood you or was trying to make you seem like you said something you didn't mean.
He said to screw New Orleans, as it is a filthy and immoral town.

You got his point and understood what he meant? Please advise.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #421
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmdumb
You know chum....if you say it over and over even you might believe that little bit of inaccuracy.

Probably not but you might.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-11-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #422
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
He said to screw New Orleans, as it is a filthy and immoral town.

You got his point and understood what he meant? Please advise.
His point was the town has the reputation of filthy and immoral, which is true. You thought he was being racist (which I don't see how) or thought that he meant everyone in the town was filthy and immoral.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #423
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Screw New Orleans. That place is a disgusting crime ridden bastion of filth and immorality.

F 'em.
I wouldn't call this a glowing endorsement.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #424
Drbio
Banned

When you pick a lost cause you really go down stupidity lane chum.

The bottom line is that you didn't like what I said and YOU tried to inject race into a statement that had no racial overtones whatsoever. You got called out, shown to be a fool and yet still continue to try to show otherwise.

Bow out gracefully already. Sheesh.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-11-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #425
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You're still in high school, right, and living in Dallas? How would you know?

New Orleans has built a solid reputation of being a thriving hotbed of a unique sort of culture in these United States. They are a fun-loving town. Is there crime and such? Sure there is. Just like there is in any other urban area. (Check Dallas's crime rates, in case you were wondering.) But New Orleans is a jewel of a city. Despite the protestations of Doc and whoever else.
Maybe not to you chum but it's always been that way when I've gone down there. It's been the strip clubs, booze and the french quarter. We weren't going down there for "culture".

I find nothing racist in saying that, in fact the french quarter was notoriously non-black as I recall.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #426
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
The bottom line is that you didn't like what I said and YOU tried to inject race into a statement that had no racial overtones whatsoever. You got called out, shown to be a fool and yet still continue to try to show otherwise.

Bow out gracefully already. Sheesh.
Why does everyone pretend that New Orleans is not a black town?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:28 AM   #427
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Why does everyone pretend that New Orleans is not a black town?
What does it matter?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:29 AM   #428
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
What does it matter?
Serious?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #429
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
What does it matter?
Exactly. Noone is pretending that New Orleans is not a city with a large black community. I don't know the percentages but it doesn't matter. Race was never a factor. Filth and immorality are not associated with the black community and for you to attempt to imply otherwise is the most racist comment made in this entire thread. As a matter of fact it is the ONLY racist-esque statement I've seen in the entire thread.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-11-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:32 AM   #430
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
.... the good people of Louisiana's second district have resoundingly re-elected their corrupt Democratic representative William Jefferson. His margin in the run-off election with fellow Democrat Karen Carter was 57-43.

Jefferson is the subject of a bribery investigation. When the FBI raided his congressional office, it found $90,000 in $100 bills believed to have been paid as part of a bribe to help a Kentucky firm expand its business in Nigeria. A Louisville businessman has pleaded guilty to paying Jefferson $400,000. A former Jefferson aide has also pleaded guilty in the bribe scheme.
Just thought it interesting.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:34 AM   #431
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Serious?
Sure...When I hear of new orleans I think corrupt politicians, french quarter, prostitutes and strip clubs. I also think jazz and getting so drunk that girls pull their tops up to show themselves for beads.

Has nothing much to do with race. Why does it matter if it's a predominantly black town? That's what the town is known for, at least it's what I associate with it.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:35 AM   #432
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Sure...When I hear of new orleans I think corrupt politicians, french quarter, prostitutes and strip clubs. I also think jazz and getting so drunk that girls pull their tops up to show themselves for beads.

Has nothing much to do with race. Why does it matter if it's a predominantly black town? That's what the town is known for, at least it's what I associate with it.
Then you should expand your worldview beyond Mardi Gras.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #433
Drbio
Banned

When we were down cleaning up hazardous chemical spills post Katrina on the federal governments dollars, local government officials tried to extort access fees to some of our volunteer crews. These volunteers were highly trained highly technical specialists "hired" by FEMA from major universities to assist in the most dangerous clean up efforts. The pay was crappy tents and bad meals and no pay. We were there to help and some of the crews were pressured to run up charges through local officials. All of the incidents were passed up the chain for investigation. It is sickening how corrupt that cities government was.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:38 AM   #434
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When we were down cleaning up hazardous chemical spills post Katrina on the federal governments dollars, local government officials tried to extort access fees to some of our volunteer crews. These volunteers were highly trained highly technical specialists "hired" by FEMA from major universities to assist in the most dangerous clean up efforts. The pay was crappy tents and bad meals and no pay. We were there to help and some of the crews were pressured to run up charges through local officials. All of the incidents were passed up the chain for investigation. It is sickening how corrupt that cities government was.
Yeah it was pretty bad, not the fault of the people there.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:38 AM   #435
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Well maybe so. But first you castigate nashty for being in high school so his opinion is irrelevant. Now it's been a long time since high school for me but I guess my opinion is irrelevant. Doc has been down there helping folks dig out of katrina and his opinion is irrelevant.

Hmm...something IS irrelevant allright. But I don't think it's nashty.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:38 AM   #436
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
And you should try to not to be so myopic of facts that do not fit your desired perception of ignorant bliss.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:39 AM   #437
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Btw fema stands for
F*cking
Every
Misplaced
African
Old 12-11-2006, 12:40 AM   #438
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Btw fema stands for
F*cking
Every
Misplaced
African
Is that what you are trying to say chum?

rmacomic.....Are you really Corbey Davidson? You are sure abrasive.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:40 AM   #439
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
that's not the argument.

NOLA promotes Mardi Gras heavily. Mardi Gras is known as a party where you can get as crazy as you want to get. NOLA makes Mardi Gras their biggest attraction. This would probably be were the sin/immorality part comes in.

and at mardi gras, there are just as many white drunk idiots as their are black drunk idiots.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:41 AM   #440
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
and at mardi gras, there are just as many white drunk idiots as their are black drunk idiots.
Hmmm...I would gather more imo.