Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-23-2004, 09:00 AM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE: Wolves vs. Mavs Gameday Thread 11/22

stackhouse is this years version of antoine walker.

and that isnt a good thing.

when he touches the ball, he has the ability to make things happen off the dribble, but more often then not, he becomes a human black hole on offense. whatever little ball movement there was, completely dies. i've seen him fumble perfectly good passes off his hands more times than i can count, and miss critical free throws at important stretches of the game. yes, he'll make a nice pass every now and then, but when the game is on the line, his go to move is a turn around jumper.

the fact that he has a terrible jump shot should tell you all you need to know about his lack of success converting.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 09:35 AM   #2
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Wolves vs. Mavs Gameday Thread 11/22

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
stackhouse is this years version of antoine walker.

and that isnt a good thing.

when he touches the ball, he has the ability to make things happen off the dribble, but more often then not, he becomes a human black hole on offense. whatever little ball movement there was, completely dies. i've seen him fumble perfectly good passes off his hands more times than i can count, and miss critical free throws at important stretches of the game. yes, he'll make a nice pass every now and then, but when the game is on the line, his go to move is a turn around jumper.

the fact that he has a terrible jump shot should tell you all you need to know about his lack of success converting.
I think stackhouse (this game not-withstanding) is a more efficient player than Antoine Walker.

I wouldn't trust him to be our number one guy, but here in Dallas he doesn't have to be (when everyone's healthy). And that is a good thing.

I think Hassel just made a great defensive play and that's all this means.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:30 AM   #3
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Here's the real problem:

Quote:
You can squarely put this loss on Daniels, Stack, and Terry.......In the 4th quarter, Daniels was garbage. He should have been out of the game.
Those guys went 7-33 (2 for 15 from veterans Stackhouse and Terry). Without Dirk and Fin, they have to score. Nelson did a great coaching job and the team played great defense and Harris and Howard were very good, but in the end nobody was willing to take it to the hole and nobody could hit a jump shot.

Of course the issue is: You can't pull Daniels and Stack and Terry very easily, especially when Minnesota is going small. Not with Fin and Dirk out hurt.

This team is thin offensively--at least half the offense, more in the half court set is coming from Dirk and about 25% of the rest in the half court from Fin. Those three guys have to play better offense.

Nobody was left to spread the defense.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:03 AM   #4
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

good effort but not enough, we had this game and we handed it over, no dirk no wins, thats my prediction till he comes back!
Old 11-23-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This team is thin offensively--at least half the offense, more in the half court set is coming from Dirk and about 25% of the rest in the half court from Fin. Those three guys have to play better offense.
The first person that has admitted that this Nellie team might actually be thin offensively. I agree.

They are one offensive guy / two-way player away, IMO. Or Dirk, Fin, Stack, and Terry all have to remain healthy.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote