Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2004, 01:34 AM   #201
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default RE:Sacramento @ Dallas Game 3 Playoff Thread

Quote:
so why did Nellie play Walker as a number 1 and 2 option scoring wise early on in the season??
--He didn't make him the #1 or #2 scoring option....I've already posted stats showing that Dirk and Fin outscored him...Drkf, Fin and Nash and AJ shot better...and that AJ was far superior on a minute to minute basis.

--This whole myth that "Walker carried the team in the first two months" is just plain BS that's already been disproved.

I know Walker is your favorite player, but there is a reason why he got run out of Boston and will be traded out of Dallas. On the Mavs, he's probably the 6-8th best player...and that's about it. Like Raef, Walker is no big deal. Both started here...and one was traded and the other will be.

Sorry but his expiring contract is far more valuable in today's market than he is as a player.

You may not like that idea but it's true.

Old 04-25-2004, 01:45 AM   #202
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Quote:
so why did Nellie play Walker as a number 1 and 2 option scoring wise early on in the season??
--He didn't make him the #1 or #2 scoring option....I've already posted stats showing that Dirk and Fin outscored him...Drkf, Fin and Nash and AJ shot better...and that AJ was far superior on a minute to minute basis.

--This whole myth that "Walker carried the team in the first two months" is just plain BS that's already been disproved.

I know Walker is your favorite player, but there is a reason why he got run out of Boston and will be traded out of Dallas. On the Mavs, he's probably the 6-8th best player...and that's about it. Like Raef, Walker is no big deal. Both started here...and one was traded and the other will be.

Sorry but his expiring contract is far more valuable in today's market than he is as a player.

Ok he wasn't the number 1 or 2 "scoring" option I will say he was the number 1 or 2 "offensive" option as the ball was run through his hands way more than it was ever suppose to earlier on in the year.....why? Nellie WHY?? DAMN!

As for this "myth" of AW carrying the team? He did do that and you only disproved he wasn't the primary leader in total points but you "carry" a team in more ways than just scoring....AW was doing everything scoring, rebounding, passing, initiating the offense, sticking up for teammates, standing up to opponents, playing with energy....man if he wasn't on this team early on when Dirk and Nash were hurt and not playing at 100% this team could have easily been 2 or 3 games under .500 @ mid-December.

AW is not the best player on this Mavs team but he's not #6-8....it's this ridiculous attacks on this guy that makes me defend ever more so intently....and he isn't my favorite player as hard as that may seem....
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:01 AM   #203
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Not ridiculous at all, Puba...

Take a poll on this board and you'll find the everyone wants to keep Fin, Dirrk, Steve, Jamison, Daniels and Howard before they'd want to keep Walker. That's 6 players (at minimum) before Walker.

Go ahead and post that poll if you want to know the truth.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:45 AM   #204
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Finally we won one! If Dirk gets some help in the other games too we have a real chance to turn it around.
I still can't understand how Dirk gets less shots than Michael, Antawn and Marquis and only 14% of the Mavs' shots...
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:54 AM   #205
PubaNWO

Quote:
Not ridiculous at all, Puba...

Take a poll on this board and you'll find the everyone wants to keep Fin, Dirrk, Steve, Jamison, Daniels and Howard before they'd want to keep Walker. That's 6 players (at minimum) before Walker.

Go ahead and post that poll if you want to know the truth.

Wanting to keep doesn't = better player.....

Frankly if I were the Mavs I'd want to keep all of those guys ahead of Walker as well......Walker just doesn't fit better on this team than the rest....

But Walker would beat anyone of those guys one on one except for dirk.....
Old 04-25-2004, 09:45 AM   #206
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

But Walker would beat anyone of those guys one on one except for dirk.....

Exactly, Walker is suited for "one on one" basketball. However, I seriously doubt walker could beat anybody playing one on one. He will utlimately settle for taking outside jumpers while the guy he is playing sags toward the basket. And we all know about his outside jumpers.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 09:50 AM   #207
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately, Nellie allowed Walker to lead the team in field goal attempts for around the first half of the season. I'm not sure if that was Nellie's intentions or whether or not it was just a negative that came along with PointForward system.

Either way, most coaches would be fired for the idiotic decision that Nellie made at the beginning of the season when he decided to screw over the big three because of his love affair with the PointForward system.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 10:34 AM   #208
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Sacramento @ Dallas Game 3 Playoff Thread

Quote:
I still can't understand how Dirk gets less shots than Michael, Antawn and Marquis and only 14% of the Mavs' shots...
Dirk (32 minutes) 14 shots, 8 ft's

Daniels (42 minutes) 20 shots, 5 ft's
Finley (38 minutes) 15 shots, 7ft's

Jamison (29 minutes) 22 shots, 4 ft's

I thought the Mavs posted Dirk up more in this game than the other two combined. He was getting some touches but with other guys making things happened, he didn't have to take the most shots, imo.

Daniels played 10 more minutes than Dirk and only took 6 more shots than him. Finley played 6 more minutes and only took 1 more shot than him. Jamison's is somewhat misleading cause a lot of those were tip-in attempts. And didn't he end up playing the last 5 minutes of the game while the others were resting on the bench?

I'd normally agree that 14 shots is ridiculous for Dirk, but it's not as if he was ignored or not given touches.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #209
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The shot attempts are fine. The game was a major blowout so there's really no reason for concern.
However, if this were to occur in a close game, it would be a much bigger issue.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #210
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

I am incredibly pleased with the way they played yesterday. Even without Shawn Bradley. If they can continue to play great defense like that for the rest of the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make the championship.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:34 PM   #211
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

i love it... if he looks that hopping mad... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

...his 22 points and fierce visage weren't enough
against an inspired dallas team saturday...

c'mon mavs - give this guy some more reasons to
be that frustrated and dejected next game...
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 01:48 PM   #212
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about the shot attempts. It wasn't an issue in this game because of the score. But had the Mavs lost some of their lead and it decreased to around 10 or less, then Dirk wouldn't had some (or should've had some) plays run for him to shoot.

But it wasn't a big deal.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:32 PM   #213
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Who gives a damn whether Bibby plays or Nellie cooperates? KG is going to Big D tonight HIMSELF to ensure victory.

Need I really say anything else?

Mavs win...big.
bump
Old 04-25-2004, 05:27 PM   #214
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Who gives a damn whether Bibby plays or Nellie cooperates? KG is going to Big D tonight HIMSELF to ensure victory.

Need I really say anything else?

Mavs win...big.
bump
And I thought it was just me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2004, 06:23 PM   #215
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

smiles and kg?

OK everyone...pony up some cash....we are sending smiles and kg on a road trip to sactown this week. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:04 PM   #216
PubaNWO

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
smiles and kg?

OK everyone...pony up some cash....we are sending smiles and kg on a road trip to sactown this week. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL!