Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-27-2004, 10:39 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Interesting stat

Mavs outscored Grizz by 20 in their first game in the second half at AAC to win it and they outscored grizz by 20 on the road in the second half to win it.

Another interesting stat is that mavs backcourt struggled in the first half in both of those games.
Damp was a key factor in both of the games.
Dirk, as usual, was awesome in both of them.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:35 AM   #2
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Interesting stat

Another interesting stat: Dirk gets to the line 12,72 times/48 minutes, last year just 6,97 times. Of course everyone sees he's being more aggresive, but I still think that stat's pretty impressive
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:58 AM   #3
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future
Default RE:Interesting stat

and he makes most of them...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:25 PM   #4
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

That's part of the reason that Dirk can still have a 30+ game with 37% shooting. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's alllll good.

Bad shooting night? No problem. Go inside and get fouled! And Dirk is very good at foul line. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Going inside can not only get foul shots but also get the defenders in foul trouble. Both ways are benefiting.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 01:53 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: #41
Another interesting stat: Dirk gets to the line 12,72 times/48 minutes, last year just 6,97 times.
thanks for pointing that out, 41, it just shows that the shy German boy we say a few years ago is becoming a serious force in this league. I wonder if this progress would have taken place if his ole buddy Nash were still here still making those open looks from 18ft so common?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:04 PM   #6
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

The way I see it is that Nash did help Dirk improve his shooting skills. He is a PF 7 footer but he can nail 3 pointers like any shooting guards in the league.

Now Nash is gone, Dirk is going to improve on his inside games. This will make Dirk a COMPLETE package. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Both inside and outside makes it REALLY HARD to guard him. It's ALL good...

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote