Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-30-2004, 08:59 PM   #41
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Mavericks vs. Spurs Gameday Thread

5 to's with 3 minutes to go in the quarter...

we seriously need a drill where there is a ladder with moving arms placed in front of a player and he shoots all day long behind that ladder
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2004, 09:01 PM   #42
cheesestar
Golden Member

dirk's missed his last two as well
Old 11-30-2004, 09:02 PM   #43
cheesestar
Golden Member

this teams inablity to generate any kind of offense or points is unbelievable at times
Old 11-30-2004, 09:03 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Get Stack's sorry @ss out of the f'ing game. He is an idiot out there right now.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:04 PM   #45
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Get Stack's sorry @ss out of the f'ing game. He is an idiot out there right now.
I was thinking the same thing.

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:04 PM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Why isolate for Stack? He probably had more touches in a scoring position in the first quarter than Dirk.
Why?

That is freaking idiotic. Different coach....same idiocy.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:05 PM   #47
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavericks vs. Spurs Gameday Thread

Mavs don't have a lot of perimeter shooting outside of Dirk. Finley's ability to knock down a humper after a double team is huge against a team like the Spurs.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:06 PM   #48
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Stackhouse is lousy. Plain and simple. He is a one on one player that is ice cold most of the time. He also make idiotic decisions.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:06 PM   #49
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

do we have ANY other offensive plays besides the clear-out one-on-ones??!!

and stackhouse is worse than walker in my opinion . . . at least, walked liked to pass the ball . . .
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:06 PM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

I have no tolerance for Jerry f'ing Stackhouse forcing up shots....none whatsoever.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:06 PM   #51
cheesestar
Golden Member

..and we clank off a few more in the remaining time
Old 11-30-2004, 09:07 PM   #52
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

SA leads 26-14 after 1st quarter:

Howard (12) 0-4, 1rb, 2tos

Dirk (12) 3-6, 2-2, 8pts, 4rbs, 1to

Dampier (8) 1-2, 2pts, 1rb

Daniels (7) 1as

Harris (4) 1to

Terry (8) 1-3, 0-1, 2pts, 1rb, 1as, 2tos, 1stl

Stackhouse (5) 0-4, 1rb

Henderson (4) 1-1, 2pts, 2rbs
Old 11-30-2004, 09:09 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

....and still, Dirk versus the team.

but guess what, give the ball to Dirk and he can get others involved. No one else on the team will draw a double team.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:09 PM   #54
cheesestar
Golden Member

my key to winning this game or at least staying close:

-try to stop the guards..please
-less to's
-more offense

aand although dirks on pace for 24 shots we need to get it to him more cause he seems to be the only one that has the ability to make shots
Old 11-30-2004, 09:10 PM   #55
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

That was two ferocious throwdowns.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:10 PM   #56
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

amazing . . . give someone other than stack the ball, and we actually get to see ball movement . . .
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:10 PM   #57
Bookit
Diamond Member

I hate to say this. Bring in Harris. (did I just say that?)
Old 11-30-2004, 09:10 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
my key to winning this game or at least staying close:

-try to stop the guards..please
-less to's
-more offense

aand although dirks on pace for 24 shots we need to get it to him more cause he seems to be the only one that has the ability to make shots
It's not all about the shots. It's about making things easier for the rest of the team. Dirk has that ability. Stackhouse doesn't....Stop running the f'ing offense through him.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:11 PM   #59
cheesestar
Golden Member

decent start to the quarter..back2back dunks! although they were around a barry three.....
Old 11-30-2004, 09:12 PM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

Charge? How damn late is the player allowed to get over?
Old 11-30-2004, 09:13 PM   #61
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I was thinking the same thing.

He's probably going to be gone by Deadline. Please let him be gone.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:13 PM   #62
cheesestar
Golden Member

ehh not a three by barry

dirk's assisted or scored on all the maverick baskets this quarter even though its only three

and poppavich being the genius that he is smells energy from the mavs and calls a timeout
Old 11-30-2004, 09:13 PM   #63
Murphy3
Guru

Pathetic passes by Dirk and Damp.

Old 11-30-2004, 09:14 PM   #64
cheesestar
Golden Member

this is exactly like the last SA game except its happening in the 2nd opposed to the 4th

sick
Old 11-30-2004, 09:15 PM   #65
Bookit
Diamond Member

Daniels looks like he is in slow motion.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:16 PM   #66
Murphy3
Guru

SAS finally starting to miss some jumpers.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #67
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
I hate to say this. Bring in Harris. (did I just say that?)
Nevemind

Old 11-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #68
cheesestar
Golden Member

i think lng scoring runs are nearly impossible against SA because of they're excruciating defense and pop calling timeouts at the right timees so i think the best way to get closer is to get on the line more.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:19 PM   #69
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs have their all-defense team in..

Damp, Howard, Daniels, Stack, Harris...

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:19 PM   #70
cheesestar
Golden Member

the monster beno udrih comes to kill again

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2004, 09:19 PM   #71
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
i think lng scoring runs are nearly impossible against SA because of they're excruciating defense and pop calling timeouts at the right timees so i think the best way to get closer is to get on the line more.
Yeah, Popovich isn't bashful about calling timeouts is he.

Old 11-30-2004, 09:25 PM   #72
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

For Don Nelson (or more importantly, Avery Johnson):

If you're taking notes, Greg Popovich understands how to use timeouts to control momentum swings. Perhaps that would be worth trying some time.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:25 PM   #73
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Imagine if the Mavs had a point like this Udrick kid!!!!

We might actually get some open shots!!
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:25 PM   #74
cheesestar
Golden Member

nice run to get within 9 but then nother SA timeout
Old 11-30-2004, 09:26 PM   #75
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Definitly a better 2nd quarter.

Get this beach down to 7 or so and get to half.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:27 PM   #76
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran

If you're taking notes, Greg Popovich understands how to use timeouts to control momentum swings. Perhaps that would be worth trying some time.

Yeah, I usually hate it when Popovich calls a timeout because it kills our run.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:28 PM   #77
cheesestar
Golden Member

woah i didnt catch what the tech was on yahoo
Old 11-30-2004, 09:29 PM   #78
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran

Unlike when the Mavs were up a dozen versus the Wolves with around 4 minutes left and then watched the entire thing whither away while never calling a TO?
Old 11-30-2004, 09:32 PM   #79
cheesestar
Golden Member

*groan*
Old 11-30-2004, 09:33 PM   #80
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
woah i didnt catch what the tech was on yahoo
defensive 3 seconds.