Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-30-2004, 11:28 PM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default So how was AJ's coaching vs Nellie's style

Didn't watch the game so I want to get the opinion of the board. Thanks
Old 11-30-2004, 11:40 PM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:So how was AJ's coaching vs Nellie's style

Well it was hard to tell since the Mavs had so many turnovers. It was a hard game to watch and its impossible to say whether AJ did a good job or not.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:12 AM   #3
basketball jonessss

basketball jonessss is on a distinguished road

Damp another sad game, Bradley didn't hit the floor.

Looked like Nellie coaching to me.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:57 AM   #4
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I don't think anyone can guage Avery by tonight's game. He seemed to work awfully hard from the bench. The guys played hard. They just played bad. I don't think Xs and Os had anything to do with the game tonight. Neither did substitution patterns. The Mavs got beat by a better team.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:15 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: So how was AJ's coaching vs Nellie's style

One thing he did that surprised me a lot was change up the starting lineup at the beginning of the 3rd. No harris, not jet terry. Dirk, Stack, 'Quis, Jho, Booth??(or Alan) I think.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:22 AM   #6
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: basketball jonessss
Damp another sad game, Bradley didn't hit the floor.

Looked like Nellie coaching to me.
I think the same [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:37 AM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I'll try not to overreact, but it looks like Avery has a severe case of BDS (Bradley Derangement Syndrome). It's absolutely inexcusable that the Mantis was the only player on the tean to get a DNP-CD.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:07 PM   #8
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know why AJ didn't play Shaun last night? Is he hurt, or is this just a carry-over from Nellie not particularly liking Shaun? In years past, Shaun has been a very productive center when playing against my Spurs, and I'll have to say that it suprised me that AJ didn't play him.

While I can't help but be happy that the Spurs won, I'm sad at the same time that Dallas lost. They're my second favorite team. I've wondered all summer what effect losing Steve N. would have on the Mav's run-and-gun game. Maybe it's too early to say that last night answered the question.
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:14 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not too upset about last night. We didnt play exceptional defense and our offense was a little blunt, but the real story was TOs, and I have no problem with them this early in the season.

22TO, 10Ast for Dallas
10TO, 22Ast for San Antone
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:24 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought he played Dirk too much in the 1st three quarters.

Probably should have used Bradley but I doubt it would have mattered much.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:25 PM   #11
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Interesting thoughts. I am excited to see what he does the next time.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:41 PM   #12
Turkey
Banned

Turkey can only hope to improve

Boy did Avery got con into coaching the game or what!
It was nelsons plan all along to let avery coach the top seeded team.
Why didn't Don let avery coach a less worthy opponent?
Nelson has this mentality of wanting to instill people with the feeling of being inferior.
Boy did he sure suceed!
-Thats my 2 cents.
Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:13 AM   #13
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
I'm not too upset about last night. We didnt play exceptional defense and our offense was a little blunt, but the real story was TOs, and I have no problem with them this early in the season.

22TO, 10Ast for Dallas
Of course you´re not. You´re a Nellie hater and AJ lover.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:19 AM   #14
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

Hahaha, I guess Nelson letting AJ to coach is a way to avoid the blame if Mavs lost to Spurs.

But I really don't think Mavs is worse than Spurs. They have a lot of talents and INJURIES. I think it's time to change the coach. I don't think Nelson has brought out the best of Mavs. The offense flow is pathetic and the players just don't glue really well.

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:02 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: seelenjaeger
Quote:

22TO, 10Ast for Dallas
I guess it's better to be sarcastic about my opinion that Nellie is okay, but AJ is better than to really say something of importance.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:56 PM   #16
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: seelenjaeger
Quote:

22TO, 10Ast for Dallas
I guess it's better to be sarcastic about my opinion that Nellie is okay, but AJ is better than to really say something of importance.
Looks like I missed something.