Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-07-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all
Default TAW Dairy News

Source

Friday, December 03, 2004

Excuses and Rehab !!

Hi everyone. Just a few words to give you some news. I am doing well.However I am nowadays following a somewhat different regiment that I am used to.I am in Dallas, working out on my own. Basketball drills, weightlifting and special exercises to keep on strengthning my legs. Above all I am enjoying quality time with my family.

It is not a secret for anyone, i do not have much connections with the Dallas Mavericks. It seems that they felt I wanted to stop playing basketball and took liberties to see it through,on my behalf. Some of you probably followed the recent episodes. I do not think that it is common practice in the NBA but It happened to me and taught me a great lesson.

After receiving a letter of apology from Marc Cuban, who explained that he misunderstood my intentions regarding my interest in playing basketball. I understand clearly that the Mavericks are not interested in me playing for them.

So, as I said I am working to rehab my knee in order to be in optimal shape for next season as opportunities may come. I am working with determination because i know this situation will not last forever. Already in my plans are summer leagues and trainig camp next october. I will go there, Ishallah, with only one thing in mind: Play this game and enjoy it. Peace.

EDIT: typo corrected [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2004, 07:08 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:TAW Dairy News

Quote:
TAW Dairy News
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:12 PM   #3
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all
Default RE:TAW Dairy News

Now that is some funny stuff EL!! Who keeps a diary anyway!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 07:30 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: TAW Dairy News

Quote:
I will go there, Ishallah, with only one thing in mind: Play this game and enjoy it. Peace.
It looks to me like 'ol Tariq has been playing games and enjoying himself for quite some time now...

Old 12-08-2004, 09:26 AM   #5
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all
Default RE:TAW diary news

Will he be in his last year of his contract next year? If so, then I can see him being traded and playing for another team.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:59 PM   #6
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Maringa
Will he be in his last year of his contract next year? If so, then I can see him being traded and playing for another team.
If I remember correctly TAWs contract for next year is only partially guaranteed. However trades for him this season is certainly going to cut him for salary cap savings.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:01 PM   #7
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

every once in a while someone posts a translation of his french diary..

yet i still don't know what happened for him to be in nellie's doghouse for 3 years

I saw him play a couple games and he looked like a decent swingman running the break and all

Will he ever play again??
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:24 PM   #8
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Insider had an article on the TAW "situation" just today!

Espn Insider

December 8, 2004

Mark Stein

Remember having a yo-yo as a child? Well, Maverick's owner Mark Cuban has his own this year. The Mavericks are one of the more inconsistent teams in the league, continuing to defy logic with an impressive win over the Spree-less Timberwolves on Tuesday night. That win would have been more impressive if they hadn't been blown out of their own gym the night before by Detroit. When asked what he planned to do to help his team play more consistently Cuban said, "I wrote a letter of apology to Tariq Abdul Wahad. Shortly thereafter, we read in his diary that he had been in Dallas, unbeknownst to us, for quite some time now. We were also able to learn that he has been performing basketball drills on his own, lifting weights, and doing special excercises to strengthen his legs." Cuban proceded to explain that he had misunderstood Wahad's desire to play basketball for the Mavericks due to the fact he had been living for some time in FRANCE.
All of this confusion was cleared up and the Mavs have hope again after learning of Wahad's desire to "play this game and enjoy it." Before that strong statement, the Mavs felt that Wahad might either not play the game and enjoy it or play the game and not enjoy it. Both sides were comfortable with this resolution.
So the sun is shining in Big D. For the time being, it seems as though they have the one piece of the puzzle they were missing - a 6'4 swingman. Maybe the yo-yo truly will become a thing of the past.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:48 PM   #9
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: TAW diary news

TAW is a wacko. And I would wager that Cuban is masking his true sentiments.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:46 PM   #10
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Poindexter Einstein
TAW is a wacko. And I would wager that Cuban is masking his true sentiments.

I think you are correct and I think you are correct.