Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-09-2004, 09:44 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sit Dirk

Why is he still playing when he is limping on the court? He is the franchise player and one game like this should not be a problem. Dirk looks like he is in pain. If you ask him he will say that he can play. I am nervous about this.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:46 PM   #2
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Sit Dirk

i dunno, i say don't play him only if he says he doesn't feel comfortable. his tweak didn't look that serious, he's looked fine since then.
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:49 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:Sit Dirk

I'm certainly no expert - but I have twisted alot of ankles playing hoops - and if it's a minor sprain it has always helped me to "run it off." Maybe that's the idea.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:07 PM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I was also wondering why are we forcing Daniels to play while he's limping and cringing on the court.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:16 PM   #5
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I don't know - but Daniels was awful tonight. Plain awful. Forcing passes - missing defensive rotation assignments. Why did Nellie let him run the point in the 4th quarter??? Is there a reason we traded for J. terry? Armstrong? Quise does not have the ball handling ability to run the point. Did I mention he was awful??!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:34 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
I don't know - but Daniels was awful tonight. Plain awful. Forcing passes - missing defensive rotation assignments. Why did Nellie let him run the point in the 4th quarter??? Is there a reason we traded for J. terry? Armstrong? Quise does not have the ball handling ability to run the point. Did I mention he was awful??!!!
I'm gonna give Daniels a pass because what he did tonight was not like him. Okay I expect a turnover here and there but back to back mental mistakes? Nellie's gotta start Terry and come off the bench with Armstrong. You would think with Armstrong's speed he'd be more of a "spark".

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:55 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I was listening to ben and skin on the way home from the AAC. Skin I think it was made just an excellent point about daniels.

1. He sat for a month and nothing got better. So how long do you think he should sit, the whole year?
2. Skin thinks the mavs are saying that this is 'quis first bad ankly sprain and that a large part of this is in his head. That he just has to learn to play with it.

Of course, i'm not close to it. But unless you are willing to sit him a whole year I don't know what to do with him, if a month didn't heal it then, I'm not sure anything really will.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:54 AM   #8
BaylorTMW

BaylorTMW is on a distinguished road

Ankle sprains are hard to get over. Kinda like a pulled hammy for a sprinter. You jsut have to get comfortable doing what you did before the sprain mentally as much as physically...
Old 12-10-2004, 11:01 AM   #9
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

I think the main reason he went with Quis at the point - beyond the fact that he used to be the better defender coming of the screen and switches - was that Quis should have a bit more experience than any of our other PG´s making that decisions necessary to be made in Nellies Offense.. He was there last year, and he should have a bit more natural approach in how to handle it than Terry and DA.