Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-10-2004, 12:07 AM   #1
Day1MavsFan

Day1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really niceDay1MavsFan is just really nice
Default Why Isn't Terry Starting?

Can anybody explain this to me? Is Armstrong better? I don't think so. Hasn't Jet played well enough? Seems to me like a slap in the face. I'm out of the country right now and haven't watched any games lately. Somebody please enlighten me.
Day1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2004, 12:18 AM   #2
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Why Isn't Terry Starting?

Nellie is pouting because Steve Nash isn't here. Jason Terry CLEARLY should be starting. There is no excuse. NOR is there an excuse to be giving Devin Harris DNPs.

Read my sig.

Old 12-10-2004, 12:24 AM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'm starting to think that maybe Nellie doesn't believe Jet's a point guard. IMO, the guy should be starting. Point guard or not he's our best option at the 1 currently. I just can't get it in my head why is Terry in Nellie's doghouse?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:27 AM   #4
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

Personally I don't think terry has the mentality to be our starting pg. At least armstrong will get dirk the ball. Terry hasn't shown that yet.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:29 AM   #5
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Nellie is using every trick in the book to get fired, take his $10m or whatever and go get drunk on his Mai Tais on the Maui beaches.

On topic, I agree, Terry needs to start and Harris should be his backup. DA is a nice insurance and a situational backup at best.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:52 AM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Why Isn't Terry Starting?

I think armstrong looks head and shoulders over terry as a point. No contest really. I think he thinks of terry as a shooting guard ala steve francis, but not a point.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:06 AM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
I think armstrong looks head and shoulders over terry as a point. No contest really. I think he thinks of terry as a shooting guard ala steve francis, but not a point.

That's what i'm starting to think. What I love about DA is how he runs after the other team misses. Tha'ts something no other pg on this team does which is why I believe DA may be seeing the starting nod over anyone else.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:46 AM   #8
dirk41nowitzki

dirk41nowitzki is on a distinguished road

I don't think this team is working very well. Yeah the Mavs won some games, but most of the times I've watched this team, they have been stagnant, especially when Dirk wasn't aggressive for a number of reasons like (afraid of injury like tonight, or foul trouble).
The Mavs need a change. Maybe that's start Terry.

Nellie was wrong from day one in starting Harris. It's not good to give the ball to your rookie PG from day 1 and then after 20 games you take it away. It just breaks your confidence. If you aren't gonna play him, you shouldn't have played him from the start. Nellie made the wrong move and is trying to recover it at the expense of Harris' confidence.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:31 AM   #9
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

IMO Terry has to start, play 30+ minutes and get at least 10-15 shots every game! He'll provide a much better game than harris and armstrong.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:07 PM   #10
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

If that is true and he's pouting, where was he when Nash was walking away? Did he even try to console Nash and try to talk to him. Convince him to stay? With Nellie's "charm", I"m sure he would have been able to convince Nash to stay. But that's Nellie for you, he was off in Maui get his fat ass drunk. Its so strange to me. You are the coach of the Mavs. You should be eating, sleeping, breathing Mavs. Your best player is about to leave and what are you doing? Nothing. That's a sign of someone who doesn't care.

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Nellie is pouting because Steve Nash isn't here. Jason Terry CLEARLY should be starting. There is no excuse. NOR is there an excuse to be giving Devin Harris DNPs.

Read my sig.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #11
buzz8

buzz8 is on a distinguished road

nm
buzz8 is offline   Reply With Quote