Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-08-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough
Default Dirks interview with Stephen A Smith on ESPN2

Did you guys see Dirks interview with Stephen A Smith on ESPN2 on the NBA Action show. It was after the mavs beat the timberwolves. Dirk was extremenly humble, he answered questions about how he strives to be like garnett and duncan and works hard at it. Details his flaws, even Greg Anthony was surprised how Dirk criticized himself. He talked a little about what his reaction was when he heard that his best buddy nash accepted a contract with phoenix, angry, disturbed but he understood it was the nature of the business. In addition he said he can't wait for Fin to be back since the inconsistencies the team has is due to the inconsistency on the Mavs rotation.

The best was when at the end Stephen A gave him a nickname: Mr. Big Time!

Go MAVS
MFFL!!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:01 PM   #2
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dirks interview with Stephen A Smith on ESPN2

I was very surprised b/c it seemed like a Dirk lovefest on there. Alot of which I think is b/c Dirk rarely gives interviews, so they kept throwing questions about his offensive game at him.

I was surprised S.A. Smith could sit there next to Dirk w/o berating him and the Mavericks.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Dirks interview with Stephen A Smith on ESPN2

I saw it...I wish Dirk would lighten up with the national media and joke around with them some more. Regardless...it was a nice segment. This is probably the first extended interview with Dirk I've ever seen. Mr. Big Time - it's not the worst nickname out there. I like it.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

I saw it. I was very impressed as always with Dirk's sense of humor, humility, intelligence and poise while answering questions from 4 or 5 guys on National TV. He may be the most unique personality in that he's blessed with such great athleticism, talent, intelligence (high IQ, I'd say!) and personality. He's just such a great guy all-around.... I'm so glad he's the best player on my favorite team (and thus my favorite player) and not some Kobe or C-Webb or KG or Carmelo or ... you get my point. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Any word on if and when they'll replay this interview?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:07 PM   #6
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Heck, I caught the end of the show, I'd love to have an opportunity to see it.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:40 PM   #7
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

It was the most I've seen Dirk talk at one time. I was glued to the TV. . . . . And my secret man crush is out!!!

Any how, he was his normal self, humble soft spoken to the point. He threw in his trademarked phrase "I just try to be aggresive." a couple of times. Stein, Legler, Anthony, Smith, and the other guy just threw questions about his offensive game out there, as well as the Nash Q, and ohter Q's about his game.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:56 PM   #8
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Did you guys notice that when Stephen Smith asked Dirk about Nash, Smith asked Dirk's reaction to Nash being TRADED. He didn't say it once but two or three times.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:04 PM   #9
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

The best part was Dirk saying that we need Finley really Bad.