Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-09-2004, 09:32 PM   #81
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of
Default RE:Sonics @ Mavs Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
finley is shooting a lot..i think he should tone it down and take better shots and rebound and play D till he gets back to form..no fadeaways when the double team is coming
I think we would rather have Fin shooting than Stackhouse.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #82
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: Sonics @ Mavs Game Day Thread

Diggler could have a huge night....!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:34 PM   #83
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41
Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
It is time to bring in Bradley. (did I just say that?)
Cant play a zone against this team.

Good point. Does Bradley EVER play in a man to man anymore?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:34 PM   #84
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
finley is shooting a lot..i think he should tone it down and take better shots and rebound and play D till he gets back to form..no fadeaways when the double team is coming
I think we would rather have Fin shooting than Stackhouse.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
i'd rather see daniels and dirk split those shots

stackhouse isn't even an issue anymore..he's just a shooting guard version of antoine walker..the shooting guard implying that he can make free throws
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:35 PM   #85
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

oh stackhouse..
Old 12-09-2004, 09:39 PM   #86
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Why do the Mavs always run a clearout for Stack at the end of quarters?

That is infuriating.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:39 PM   #87
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Atleast Stackhouse CAN make free throws. Stackhouse also doesn't push Dirk out of the PF position.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:39 PM   #88
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Stackhouse is killing with missed layups. Two Dirk's assists gone due to inability of Stack and Damp.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:40 PM   #89
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Mavs need to be physical and mean defense with the sonics now. Bring on Bradley and his fouls.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:41 PM   #90
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
Atleast Stackhouse CAN make free throws. Stackhouse also doesn't push Dirk out of the PF position.
they both suck...and it could be debated that walker was the one playing center last year

sure stackhouse can make free throws, but i'd rather that the ball never touches his hands
Old 12-09-2004, 09:41 PM   #91
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Why does Nellie play Stackhouse so much??? He is worthless.

He obviously isnt skilled enough, nor plays good enough D to be in a shootout.

The same team that absoultly killed Minn on the boards is getting beat on the boards bad.

Dirk cant have 2 rebounds thats unexceptable.

No way Seattle shoots that well in the 2nd half.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:42 PM   #92
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk needs to get ultra-aggressive on the offensive end. No reason why he shouldn't havbe 25+ shots tonight. No one that team can contain him.

And defensively, the Mavs need to put some pressure on the shots and rebound.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:44 PM   #93
Redbug

Redbug is on a distinguished road

Mavs just haven't got a clue.....

....they are getting absolutely nothing out of Daniels & Howard....last year they at least tried to play defense....took the ball to the hole and either made a high % layup or drew the foul....hung out in the lane on both ends of the floor and used their quick jumping and aggressiveness to get tons of boards and drive the other teams crazy....NOW...they live out on the 3 point line...give the "superstar wave" to an opponent as he goes by since they didn't hustle back on D...spend too much time trying to get "their shot" instead of going inside and getting the misses like last year.....

...dumbass stack should never shoot a shot outside of the lane.....

...idiot Mavs TV announcers yappin' about stopping the 3....sure you have to guard your man and can't cheat back as much as normal....but the Mavs are behind because they end up losing too many seattle spare players under the bucket for easy layups...or let the sonics outwork the Mavs on the boards and get fouled or the stickback every single time they miss....POOR COACHING

the Mavs could drive down the lane all day on seattle....but too many guys just have to unleash their jumpshot.....

once you get behind these guys and you're getting called for all the fouls....it's gonna be a long night....

Mavs have to play smarter..........
Redbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:45 PM   #94
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

the sonics are a heck of a team, every time we get within single digits they score back

woud you rather have a stack or a walker??
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:45 PM   #95
rakesh.s
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
the sonics are a heck of a team, every time we get within single digits they score back

jason kidd
Old 12-09-2004, 09:46 PM   #96
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Seattle leads 62-52 at the half:

Howard (17) 1-3, 0-1, 2pts, 2stls

Dirk (19) 6-8, 2-2, 5-6, 19pts, 2rbs, 1as, 1to, 2blks

Dampier (14) 3-4, 1-1, 7pts, 4rbs, 1as, 1to, 2blks

Finley (16) 4-10, 1-4, 9pts, 1as, 1stl, 1blk

Armstrong (16) 2-5, 1-2, 5pts, 2rbs, 4as, 1to

Daniels (7) 1-2, 2pts, 1as, 1to

Terry (12) 2-4, 0-1, 2-2, 6pts, 1rb, 3as

Stackhouse (12) 1-4, 2pts, 2rbs, 1to

Henderson (7) 1stl
Old 12-09-2004, 09:50 PM   #97
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar

That is a very good question. I think I would rather have Stack. But they are similar. Both make bad decisions and shoot poorly. But Stack can get to the line.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:52 PM   #98
Bookit
Diamond Member

Seriously. When was the last time Stackhouse actually had a good shooting game? Washington a month ago?
Old 12-09-2004, 09:57 PM   #99
Bayliss

Just as I say that, Dirk rims two shots out.

Arrgghhh.

Find a comfort zone and get in it.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:58 PM   #100
Redbug

it's a miracle it's only 10 pts...........

nelly needs to put Howard on Lewis....he could shut that down and hit the boards...Ray Allen is too crafty and quick for Howard...he just lulls him on his hip and he's toast....either stepback jumper or drive to the bucket....

let a combo of Fin...Armstrong...Daniels try to stay in front of RayRay....

all 5 Mavs have to think REBOUNDS FIRST!!!!!...as the shot goes up no snowbirding down court....all 5 go get the ball secured then go........

Offensive rebounds....sonics are packing it in somewhat...gotta find a way to get in the lane...have dive cutters in the lane...take the ball to the bucket and make the friggin refs blow their whistle....attack inside and then kick it out for an open jumper.....
Old 12-09-2004, 10:00 PM   #101
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Dirk is giving up. It pisses me off when he starts swiping & trying to foul when he gets frustrated. This sucks.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:02 PM   #102
cheesestar
Golden Member

calling a loss right now

no energy effort or rebounding at all
Old 12-09-2004, 10:02 PM   #103
Bayliss

The Mavs are knocking on the foor. Just find a comfort zone.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:05 PM   #104
Bayliss

SHOOT THE BALL DIRK!!

Old 12-09-2004, 10:08 PM   #105
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
SHOOT THE BALL DIRK!!
He's playing hurt & he's frustrated. I hate to say it but he acts like a baby sometimes. He need to strap one on & get after it in the fourth quarter.

I'm calling 17 for Dirk in the fourth & Mavs win

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:08 PM   #106
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
SHOOT THE BALL DIRK!!
I guess his ankle is preventing him from driving to the hoop.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:10 PM   #107
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

38 minutes between Finley and Howard and either have a rebound. Pathetic.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:11 PM   #108
Redbug

refs are giving the sonics respect like they are the 6 time world champion Chicago Bullsh!t....sonics are leaning and playing physical....Mavs breathe on somone and it's a foul....

no respect at home...damn......

cmon Mavs....
Old 12-09-2004, 10:13 PM   #109
Bookit
Diamond Member

Notice how Ridnour keeps his dribble alive ala Nash? He is a big part of that team now.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:14 PM   #110
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
Dirk is giving up. It pisses me off when he starts swiping & trying to foul when he gets frustrated. This sucks.
I always love brilliant contributions such as this. Dirk hasn't given up. He's obviously having difficulty moving laterally at the level that we're accustomed.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:15 PM   #111
cheesestar
Golden Member

13 o. rebounds for the sonics

3 for us
Old 12-09-2004, 10:15 PM   #112
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
Quote:
SHOOT THE BALL DIRK!!
He's playing hurt & he's frustrated. I hate to say it but he acts like a baby sometimes. He need to strap one on & get after it in the fourth quarter.

I'm calling 17 for Dirk in the fourth & Mavs win
How is he acting like a baby? My God, that b.s. is ridiculous.
If you want to criticize his play then criticize his play. But come on. Saying that he acts like a baby? Do you have anything to justify this comment?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:16 PM   #113
cheesestar
Golden Member

stack: 1-4 2 points 2 rebounds 2 to's

at least hes only shot 4 times
Old 12-09-2004, 10:19 PM   #114
cheesestar
Golden Member

fin's heating up
Old 12-09-2004, 10:21 PM   #115
Bookit
Diamond Member

I hate Stackhouse. How did this guy score 29 points a game? He killed the momentum by missing that free throw.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:21 PM   #116
Mavs414

Mavs414 is on a distinguished road

it looks good seeing fin back and doing some good things
Old 12-09-2004, 10:23 PM   #117
Bayliss

knocking on the door again. Dirk has got to be aggressive. Or he needs to sit out for the rest of the night. Because he is hurting the Mvs right now with his play in the 3rd.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:24 PM   #118
cheesestar
Golden Member

ugh turnovers
Old 12-09-2004, 10:24 PM   #119
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

This year, we have seen the worst last second shot at a end of a quarter or end of a quarter that we have ever seen....sighhhh!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:24 PM   #120
Bookit
Diamond Member

What is up with Daniels? He looks nothing like the player we saw last year. I hope that ankle is the problem because he is playing horribly.