Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #241
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I can't remember the last time I watched SNL
please try

(?)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #242
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I'd think this would help...seeing how SNL has been "simply not funny" since Will Ferrell left.
Up until last night's Predator Santa, none of the skits were even up to what SNL has put out the past 5 years. Nancy Grace, Science Schmience, etc...all terribly unfunny.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:33 PM   #243
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

SNL also does an equally unfunny Nancy Grace....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #244
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

alright....I just got done with Studio 60.

and I have got to say... THAT IS WHAT I AM F$%KING TALKING ABOUT.

that is a T.V. show right there my friends.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:12 AM   #245
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched the Monday shows last night as well.

Phenomenal episode of Studio 60. Greatness. Easily my favorite show on television.

"SAY IT!".

Greatness.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #246
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
please try

(?)
no.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #247
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
no.
girl

Old 12-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #248
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that your little show will actually make it through one full season. Is it ever going to get good ratings?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:28 AM   #249
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
I saw that your little show will actually make it through one full season. Is it ever going to get good ratings?
I doubt it.

but as for right now, I don't particularly care.

If people can't see superior writing when it's in front of them, and would rather scream "deal or no deal" at their televisions, or watch american idol, there isn't much we can do to change it.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:32 AM   #250
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
this made me laugh.

and....who cares?

The greatest comedy of our generation Arressted Development got canceled after 3 amazing seasons...

raitings are not a measure of a show's quality.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #251
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this made me laugh.

and....who cares?
Huh? NBC cares. That's why the show nearly got canceled. Apparently they have enough money invested in it and it has done decently enough that they can afford to keep it on the air, but it obviously matters.

Quote:
The greatest comedy of our generation Arressted Development got canceled after 3 amazing seasons...

raitings are not a measure of a show's quality.
I would agree that ratings don't automatically mean quality. However, if nobody's watching there's a reason, and it's not because the general public is just too stupid to get it.

It's because the show stinks.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #252
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
If people can't see superior writing when it's in front of them, and would rather scream "deal or no deal" at their televisions, or watch american idol, there isn't much we can do to change it.
If by superior you mean Sorkin thinks he's superior to everyone else, I suppose you're right. I'll admit that I haven't watched Studio 60 since about Week 2 (because it stunk), but the self-important style of the first two episodes would have been humorous if it weren't so overbearing.

As for the crack at American Idol and Deal or No Deal, what do those shows have to do with Studio 60? Are they competing with it for an audience? American Idol hasn't even been on (it starts in January), and Deal or No Deal is on the SAME network!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #253
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

it's my general frustration that networks are moving away as often as they can from shows with good actors and writers, whatever network or show it may be, and trying to get these game shows, or reality based programming on, where the production costs are much lower.

And you can't blame the networks. They have good reason to do so. The ratings don't lie.

As for Studio 60, its up against CSI:Miami (I think?) and Monday night football. So thanks to NBC for not giving it much of a chance.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #254
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Huh? NBC cares. That's why the show nearly got canceled. Apparently they have enough money invested in it and it has done decently enough that they can afford to keep it on the air, but it obviously matters.

I would agree that ratings don't automatically mean quality. However, if nobody's watching there's a reason, and it's not because the general public is just too stupid to get it.

It's because the show stinks.
wrong. Because, as mentioned, the greatest most original comedy of our time (AD) got canceled because America was too dumb to get it.

and when I said "who cares"...I, of course, was not commenting about the front office of NBC...but as a fan of the show...as long as its on the air, I don't care if its greatly popular or not.

Last edited by sike; 12-06-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #255
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
wrong. Because, as mentioned, the greatest most original comedy of our time (AD) got canceled because America was too dumb to get it.
I watched maybe 5 minutes of that show in the 3 years you tell me that it was on the air. Why? Because I was too dumb to get it?

No, because I barely even knew it was on. Greatest, most original comedy? I guess I'll have to take your word for it.

Quote:
and when I said "who cares"...I, of course, was not commenting about the front office of NBC...but as a fan of the show...as long as its on the air, I don't care if its greatly popular or not.
I think you guys secretly like it because it's become somewhat of an underdog. You tell yourselves how good the show is and how other people just don't see what you see -- just like we used to do with our Mavericks for so many years.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #256
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

agreeing to disagree.

that's what's good here.

(btw, I think the first couple of episodes(that you claimed to have watched) are a lousy measuring stick for any show)
Old 12-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #257
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
it's my general frustration that networks are moving away as often as they can from shows with good actors and writers, whatever network or show it may be, and trying to get these game shows, or reality based programming on, where the production costs are much lower.

And you can't blame the networks. They have good reason to do so. The ratings don't lie.
Here's the Top 20 from the Nielsen Ratings last week:

Grey's Anatomy
Fox NFL Sunday Post Game
Criminal Minds
CSI: Miami
NCIS
Deal or No Deal
CSI: NY
House
The OT
CSI
NBC Sunday Night Football
Law and Order: SVU
Two and a Half Men
Without A Trace
Survivor: Cook Islands
Cold Case
Heroes
E.R.
Ugly Betty
Allstate BCS Selection Show

I count 13 dramas, 2 comedies, 3 sports shows, and 2 reality shows.

It seems to me that if anything, the reality shows and comedies are the ones that are actually falling by the wayside.

Quote:
As for Studio 60, its up against CSI:Miami (I think?) and Monday night football. So thanks to NBC for not giving it much of a chance.
Perhaps they should move it. But where?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #258
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
agreeing to disagree.

that's what's good here.

(btw, I think the first couple of episodes(that you claimed to have watched) are a lousy measuring stick for any show)
Okay. I'll be fair. I'll give it another shot and watch another episode when I get a chance.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:09 PM   #259
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I watched maybe 5 minutes of that show in the 3 years you tell me that it was on the air. Why? Because I was too dumb to get it?
go rent season 1, watch it, and then let me know. I'm sure you're not too dumb to get it...I also don't consider you an Average "Deal or No Deal, America's Top Model, Fear Factor" American...if you are...then you are indeed a moron
Quote:
I think you guys secretly like it because it's become somewhat of an underdog. You tell yourselves how good the show is and how other people just don't see what you see -- just like we used to do with our Mavericks for so many years.

this is simply not the case. Trust me.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #260
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Must be something wrong with me then

Besides Greys anatomy, heroes, and the football stuff I could not tell you what day and time a SINGLE show on that list is on

Does anyone here watch any shows on CBS? I dont.

It saddens me that The Office is not on that list, and two and half men is.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #261
sike
The Preacha

family guy, arrested development, Futurama, robot chicken, the office...am I missing any other really great comedies of the past few years?

and no CBS for me.

Last edited by sike; 12-06-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:26 PM   #262
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
family guy, arrested development, Futurama, robot chicken, the office...am I missing any other really great comedies of the past few years?

and no CBS for me.
some of us like Scrubs. but I know Scrubs isn't for everyone....
Old 12-06-2006, 12:29 PM   #263
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
go rent season 1, watch it, and then let me know. I'm sure you're not too dumb to get it...I also don't consider you an Average "Deal or No Deal, America's Top Model, Fear Factor" American...if you are...then you are indeed a moron
You're talking to a guy who goes to the movies and/or rents DVDs infrequently, but I'll see what I can do.

I don't regularly watch Deal or No Deal, but I find it to be somewhat entertaining. I don't see what the big objection to it is. I've never watched America's Top Model. Fear Factor is still on? Haven't watched that in at least 6 years.

And I'm a big American Idol fan. I don't think that makes me stupid, either.

Quote:
this is simply not the case. Trust me.

Okay, but if it ain't Nellie syndrome then it must be Sorkin syndrome.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #264
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Must be something wrong with me then

Besides Greys anatomy, heroes, and the football stuff I could not tell you what day and time a SINGLE show on that list is on
My point was simply that reality shows aren't ruling the airwaves, as you suggested.

Quote:
Does anyone here watch any shows on CBS? I dont.
Yeah, I watch Shark.

Quote:
It saddens me that The Office is not on that list, and two and half men is.
Office is another show that I've seen periodically and never found to be that humorous. I mean, it wasn't completely unfunny, but it certainly wasn't a stop down.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #265
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

New Adventures of Old Christine is pretty funny. It's the only comedy I watch.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #266
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

who is Sorkin?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #267
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:

and no CBS for me.
Are any of those honestly "great" comedies?

We haven't had great comedies on television since the mid-90's.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #268
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Scrubs is pretty funny. I don't watch it, really, but when I've seen a show here and there I've found it entertaining.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #269
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Are any of those honestly "great" comedies?

We haven't had great comedies on television since the mid-90's.
you see, kg...the problem is that I'm objective since you disagree with me....you are obviously far too subjective

Old 12-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #270
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I'd say Scrubs is rather genius.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #271
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
My point was simply that reality shows aren't ruling the airwaves, as you suggested.
yes I know, I ws conceding the point and moving along....

although, post that list again when it says "ratings for last week"

1. American Idol, Tues
2. American Idiol, Wed
3. American Idol, Thursday

Dancing with the stars isnt on right now either.

grrr those shows piss me off.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #272
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
New Adventures of Old Christine is pretty funny. It's the only comedy I watch.
you old, old married man.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #273
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

What did "Dancing With the Stars" ever do to you?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #274
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
you old, old married man.
Is that the show with Elaine in it?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #275
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
yuppers

Old 12-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #276
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Yes. My wife loves her. And it has alot of comedy genius in it... especially if you have kids and are married.

I guess that's why I was called old? But it's really funny show. Although I admit some of the running jokes will go unnoticed if you are a new watcher.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #277
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
What did "Dancing With the Stars" ever do to you?
turned a boyhood hero into a little dancing man!

how dare you do that to Mario Lopez!!! (see what I did there?)

Old 12-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #278
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Any 24 fans?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:53 PM   #279
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I watch:

Heroes
Lost
Studio 60
Jericho
New Adventures of Old Christine
Day Break

Which is alot more than one year ago... so no, I don't watch 24. I am wasting way too much time watching television as it is.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:14 PM   #280
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I find I watch almost none of these shows live anymore. Mostly because of Mavs and Stars. Lately my Stars tickets have been taking a lot of our time. They need to go on a road trip....

Tags
dary, dvr fail, fluff warning, fluffhouse 92, fluffy envy, got a bit fluffy in here, its getting fluff in here, legen, legendaryfail, shut the fluff up!, tag wasting, wait for it, you married your tv?