Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-10-2004, 09:10 PM   #41
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Anybody hear the Stackhouse interview on the Ticket?

I don't think Stack will have a long shelf life with the Mavs. Although I think eventually he will find a nice role on this team and be a nice addition THIS season. I think we move him in the offseason.

I don't think the main issue will be not starting, I think he will have more of a problem not finishing most games. Sitting and watching the last 6 minutes of each game needs to be tough to a guy like stack who if healthy would be on the floor on almost any other team. Eventually that will wear on him, but I think he will be fine this year.

As for potential trade partners? I am not sure and obviously he has to rebuild his worth. I wouldn't want another veteran who causes more bottlenecks in the rotation, so how about this one: Stack to Mia for a salary match plus a 2005 first round pick plus a 2008 first round pick. That is a lot for mia to give up but it is way down the road. Mia gets a third bannana to go with Shaq and Wade. They need to win now and Stackhouse jumps right into the starting lineup and he could get you 17 points per game. The Mavs clear playing time for Howard and Daniels if they prove they are legit. Plus they get probably a late round pick next year and the potential for a nice pick in 4 years when Shaq is at the end of the line. Just an crazy idea.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2004, 09:40 PM   #42
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: GP
The Mavs lose one damned game and you guys act like chicken little. Oh, the sky is falling the sky is falling.
What in the heck are you talking about?

Old 11-10-2004, 10:53 PM   #43
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Anybody hear the Stackhouse interview on the Ticket?

I'll wager Stack starts when Finley is out. Go Mavs!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 10:59 PM   #44
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

its already been mentioned that Daniels will start
Old 11-10-2004, 11:12 PM   #45
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I think what was most stunning to me about that interview was he kept not giving the politically correct party line answer about coming off the bench. He didn't even use the "want to help the team" line, which is probably what bothered me more than him just saying that it's hard making the adjustment. It's just a whole different vibe than what we got from Jamison.

Agree though. Tensest interview ever. I felt bad for Razor.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:22 AM   #46
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Well, I don't like any of this. I don't like Stack being baited by the local guys. I don't like Stack taking the bait. I don't like it becoming an issue for fans so early. It's 5 games...I need to see much more before I jump to any conclusions...
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:59 AM   #47
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

I've been uneasy about the Stackhouse situation from the get go - It is becoming apparent that (in Jerry's world) his "role" wasn't clearly defined. For MONTHS it seemed Quis/ Fin would get the nod over him - did he think managment was bluffing?

REGARDLESS - This shit better get nipped in the bud NOW.

Hopefully Cubes has learned cancers must be exorcised quickly (read: walker) - One bad apple can ruin a whole bunch. With this Mavericks team chemistry & cohesiveness must be emphasized and focused on by everybody regardless of "role".

Here comes the Dump. There goes the Crackhouse.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:43 AM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ddh33
Well, I don't like any of this. I don't like Stack being baited by the local guys. I don't like Stack taking the bait. I don't like it becoming an issue for fans so early. It's 5 games...I need to see much more before I jump to any conclusions...
I'm really not sure why anyone would think that Stack was baited. How he's handling being a 6th man now compared to starting and being the go to guy in the past IS something that people want to hear about. He wasn't trapped into saying anything that he didn't need to say. He was tricked...he wasn't baited.

Are we going to have another BaD radio/NVE type situation where a player says something that he and the owner believes that he shouldn't have said but then turns around and blames on the radio personalities just to try and defer the heat to someone else? The way NVE and the Mavs reacted to that was an embarrassment. Let's hope that they don't try and pull the same stunt again.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #49
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

wait hold on..i've got a knee jerk here

stack and terry to philly for iverson

Dallas trades: PG Jason Terry (13.4 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.6 apg in 27.6 minutes)
SG Jerry Stackhouse (10.6 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 27.0 minutes)
Dallas receives: SG Allen Iverson (28.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 7.5 apg in 41.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +4.8 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and +3.1 apg.

Philadelphia trades: SG Allen Iverson (28.8 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 7.5 apg in 41.0 minutes)
Philadelphia receives: PG Jason Terry (13.4 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.6 apg in 27.6 minutes)
SG Jerry Stackhouse (10.6 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 27.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -4.8 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and -3.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Philadelphia had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:46 PM   #50
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

fu@k no.

Terry is one of our better players and Iverson would just replace stackhouse as a ridiculously poor scoring option.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:56 PM   #51
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

From a pure talent standpoint, such a trade seems like a no-brainer for the Mavs. From just about any other standpoint, it is crazy talk.

I am a diehard Mavericks fan, but if Dallas traded for Allen Iverson, I might stop watching.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:37 PM   #52
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

I was never for trading jamison for stack in the first place, so lets see what happens and now maybe mark & cuban will learn and I can say, I told you so [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 02:40 PM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Harris was certainly the crux of that deal. Stackhouse only makes it sweeter if he works out.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:23 PM   #54
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Yes, the main goal of the trade was the number 5 pick.

Bad comments of Stackhouse. I also think he's a cancer and a selfish player. I have seen the opening night game and he was shooting all the time instead of passing the ball to the open teanmates.

I don't like at all his attitude. Jamison and Terry are very gentlemen (they never complained). I loved them for that. But Stackhouse remember me Walker, even his way of play.

Is Antoine still here? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #55
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Cannot stand Dan without Bob....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:47 PM   #56
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Bob and Dan are the only talk radio guys who have any clue whatsoever about basketball. They do like to get a reaction from the guests, seems that Stack bit pretty good this time.

I remember the day he was traded to Dallas they played that old interview of Stack calling Nellie names . Guess it's best to not say things you might regret, especially when they're being recorded...
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:07 PM   #57
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to point out that Stack was doing his fair share of cheerleading tonight.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:28 PM   #58
fifteenth man

fifteenth man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bob and Dan are the only talk radio guys who have any clue whatsoever about basketball
Are you serious? I think Bob knows a little, but I don't think Dan even watches the games. I know he knows more about sports than he lets on sometimes but he doesn't know basketball.

And as far as other guys in the maket go, I'd say Fish, Norm, Coop, Ben and Sken, Newy, and Jr. Miller all know basketball better than Bob and Dan.

Oh, and about the topic at hand, I wouldn't assume that Stack's problem is a bad attitude. It may be that as a competitive guy he just really wants a chance to start, but that he will do his best with what the coach asks of him. We'll see though. If he has a bad attitude it will probably cause problems at some point and then we'll probably send him along.

Looking at our roster, he would have to be considered most likely to be traded. We have a lot of depth at his position, he's not being counted on for the future, and he could be valuable to another team that needs a scorer.
fifteenth man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:35 AM   #59
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: fifteenth man
And as far as other guys in the maket go, I'd say Fish, Norm, Coop, Ben and Sken, Newy, and Jr. Miller all know basketball better than Bob and Dan.
You've got to be kidding. I'll give you Coop, Ben and Skin, and Junior. But Fish is an idiot, Norm is waaaay overrated, and Newy's just looking for something to eat.

Bob and Dan know their basketball pretty well I think. They certainly do the best job of mixing sports and other stuff on the Ticket.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:25 AM   #60
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

I didn't love the Stackhouse acquisition and keep eyeing trade combos that include him.

But the Mavs have a long season ahead, and already have had injury issues at the 2 with Daniels, and now Finley.

Here's hoping against hope that Stackhouse will be smart enough to see what an opportunity he has to contribute to what could be a very good team. It would be great if the Mavs could count on him to keep producing while Fin is on the mend, and not have to worry about rushing Fin back before he's healed.

Daniels's ankle and JHo's hamstrings are looking at a a long season, so if Stackhouse can keep his head on straight, he should see minutes.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:57 AM   #61
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Bob and Dan are great. Someday, like I keep telling everybody, people will figure out that PS2 playing, lazy, clueless, pot-smoking Dan is just a bit. Dan plays the dumb guy to big brain Bob so the show runs smoothly. Have you ever listened to him during the mix with Norm? Dan sometimes drops the schtick and tosses out baseball points that are so obscure, you can only conclude that the guy actually reads books about baseball. Plus he basically re-edits the open everyday and he runs the whole homercall thing every week and most people don't know how hard and time consuming that is to do.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #62
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Bob and Dan are great. Someday, like I keep telling everybody, people will figure out that PS2 playing, lazy, clueless, pot-smoking Dan is just a bit. Dan plays the dumb guy to big brain Bob so the show runs smoothly. Have you ever listened to him during the mix with Norm? Dan sometimes drops the schtick and tosses out baseball points that are so obscure, you can only conclude that the guy actually reads books about baseball. Plus he basically re-edits the open everyday and he runs the whole homercall thing every week and most people don't know how hard and time consuming that is to do.

Completely agree. Dan's persona is almost completely a bit. I find his opinions on baseball to be very educated. In fact, I'd have to say I'd rather listen to him talk about baseball than anyone else, and that includes the Hardline. Not only that, but he actually took the time to become farily educated about hockey once he knew he would be helping host the post-game show and working with the hockey expert. That shows a lot of dedication. I'd love it if BaD Radio was on afternoon drive.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:09 PM   #63
fifteenth man

fifteenth man is on a distinguished road

I agree with you guys that Dan is doing a bit, and I actually like BaD radio, and I know that Dan knows a lot about baseball...

But you have to admit that Dan doesn't know much about basketball. And concerning Fish and Norm, no matter what you think about their brand of sports talks, they most definitely (says Kidd) rate over Dan in the basketball department.
fifteenth man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:21 AM   #64
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you guys are hoping Stackhouse fails here.

Seems to me Nellie has a pretty good record of getting stars to accept a lesser role when they come here. Everybody expected Nick to be a jerk at first, but over time he learned to love the role. Jamison just had to settle for being 6th man of the year. Both dramatically increased their value here. Juann Howard too. Stackhouse already has just by showing up healthy.

If he plays to his potential, he may not start, but he may well finish a lot of games.

A guy who can come off the bench for 20 is a key part to mavs sucess. One who can get to the line in the last minute of a game could come in handy. I guarentee he would have gotten Peja to foul him at the end of one those last 3 playoff games, when Fin, Dirk and Nash all whiffed. He's a foul magnet.

If he proves servicable, the Jamison for Stack, Harris and part of Dampier will prove to be one of the years best. Although Walker for Terry and Henderson is looking pretty damned good, too.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:47 AM   #65
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guarentee he would have gotten Peja to foul him at the end of one those last 3 playoff games, when Fin, Dirk and Nash all whiffed.
If you'll remember, Dirk was fouled by Peja. The refs just didn't make the call.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:00 PM   #66
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well if dan is doing a "bit" then he's losing this listener. Can't stand him.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 03:25 PM   #67
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I picked a good day to defend Stackhouse.

How can he not love being on a team where defenses can't afford to double team him all the time? Some nights he'll get to dominate, and some nights he gets to watch Dirk score 41. Suddenly he's playing on a contender. If I was in his position, guest on a home town radio station and they dug up a 5 year old soundbite of me blasting my new coach, I'd be pissed too. Just because he snapped at some hacks on the Ticket doesn't mean he's a locker room problem.

By now, Stackhouse knows if he's scoring, Nellie will get him the ball. He may not like not starting, but he's seen how Van Exel and Jamison starred off the bench here and knows he's going to get minutes and points and win. He's seen Jamison get a trophy and Nick hit big time shots in the playoffs. Both had better years as 6th man here than Stack has ever had. Plus with his knee injury, playing 25 minutes is better than 38. It can add years to his career.

If he'd rather be scoring 25 a night in Washington, he needs to see a shrink, but I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Dallas fans and media have a disturbing habit of attacking certain players and creating a hostile atmosphre that causes players to react with attitude. People like Deion and Aguirre caught a lot of crap for guys who were as effective as they were for the home team. Since they left, the Cowboys have had no lock down corners, and the Mav's have had no dependable low post scorers. Lets lay off Stack at least until he does something to deserve the scorn.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

He's filling in nicely with Findley out. I for one plan to just root for him and hope he scores 25 every night and stays happy the nights he doesn't.

Old 11-13-2004, 05:58 PM   #68
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Dallas fans and media have a disturbing habit of attacking certain players and creating a hostile atmosphre that causes players to react with attitude
correct about some fans, myself being one of them. We've been hurt before by guys that do not have a good grip of their weaknesses. We've seen egos get in the way of basketball but overall, I think the Mavs have been pretty lucky with that.

As for the media, I can blame the very rare journalist here that has turned on Stack, but I can't honestly say that the same thing wouldnt happen in any part of the country. If we started 4-3 or 3-4 you can bet that the media would be taking jabs at players, publishing hurtful and often unsubstantiated conjecture. It happens everywhere. Chicken Little reporting gets readers, especially for winning teams. Losing teams get beat down by the negative reporting. Winning teams arent used to it, so when reporters come out and lay into a player or coach, and tell us that its the end of the world, its shocking and the article gets read. Thats just how it happens. There arent many reporters that are willing to say, "the team is learning, let's wait to see what happens". They have to write something and lets face it, we've seen enough "yay, Dirk" articles.