Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-02-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default D-Mavs.com Poll: Which NBA PG is the biggest idiot?

STEPH: KIDD & I ARE LOSERS

By MARC BERMAN

Email Archives
Print Reprint

January 2, 2005 -- KNICK NOTES

Stephon Marbury disputes that Jason Kidd should be considered superior to him, feeling Kidd is no more a winner than he is because neither has won an NBA championship.

After reiterating his claim that he's the NBA's best point guard, Marbury said he believes if you don't have a ring, you can't be called a winner. Kidd has been to two NBA Finals with the Nets; Marbury has not been out of the first round of the playoffs.

"He's just like me," Marbury said of Kidd at yesterday's morning shootaround before the Nets beat the Knicks, 93-87. "He's a loser. We're both losers. Neither of us have won a championship. Tim Duncan is a winner. Kevin Garnett is a loser just like me. Charles Barkley is a loser just like me. [TNT partner] Kenny Smith is a winner.

"Magic [Johnson], Michael Jordan, [Larry] Bird, those guys are winners. Kobe [Bryant] and Shaquille [O'Neal] are winners. Isiah Thomas is a winner. Until you win championships, we're just like everyone else. It doesn't matter how far you get in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if you get to the Finals. You lost."

Marbury didn't back down from his New Year's boast that he considers himself the "best point guard in basketball."

"I'm just saying reality and answered a question," Marbury said. "I already know I'm the best point guard. It's like asking if it's raining outside. You're going to tell them it's raining."

Lenny Wilkens said, "I don't want to get caught in this. He has great confidence in who he is. That's wonderful. Other than that, I have no comments."

Marbury was behind four other point guards in the Eastern Conference All-Star voting: Allen Iverson, Dwyane Wade, Steve Francis and Kidd. Marbury has a chance of being named to the All-Star team as a reserve.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default D-Mavs.com Poll: Which NBA PG is the biggest idiot?

STEPH: KIDD & I ARE LOSERS

By MARC BERMAN

Email Archives
Print Reprint

January 2, 2005 -- KNICK NOTES

Stephon Marbury disputes that Jason Kidd should be considered superior to him, feeling Kidd is no more a winner than he is because neither has won an NBA championship.

After reiterating his claim that he's the NBA's best point guard, Marbury said he believes if you don't have a ring, you can't be called a winner. Kidd has been to two NBA Finals with the Nets; Marbury has not been out of the first round of the playoffs.

"He's just like me," Marbury said of Kidd at yesterday's morning shootaround before the Nets beat the Knicks, 93-87. "He's a loser. We're both losers. Neither of us have won a championship. Tim Duncan is a winner. Kevin Garnett is a loser just like me. Charles Barkley is a loser just like me. [TNT partner] Kenny Smith is a winner.

"Magic [Johnson], Michael Jordan, [Larry] Bird, those guys are winners. Kobe [Bryant] and Shaquille [O'Neal] are winners. Isiah Thomas is a winner. Until you win championships, we're just like everyone else. It doesn't matter how far you get in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if you get to the Finals. You lost."

Marbury didn't back down from his New Year's boast that he considers himself the "best point guard in basketball."

"I'm just saying reality and answered a question," Marbury said. "I already know I'm the best point guard. It's like asking if it's raining outside. You're going to tell them it's raining."

Lenny Wilkens said, "I don't want to get caught in this. He has great confidence in who he is. That's wonderful. Other than that, I have no comments."

Marbury was behind four other point guards in the Eastern Conference All-Star voting: Allen Iverson, Dwyane Wade, Steve Francis and Kidd. Marbury has a chance of being named to the All-Star team as a reserve.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: D-Mavs.com Poll: Which NBA PG is the biggest idiot?

As much as i hate Nash, that award will always be with Francis. There's nothing anybody can say to change that.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

As much as i hate Nash, that award will always be with Francis. There's nothing anybody can say to change that.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 01-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #5
Nash13
Diamond Member

Double Post

~The Salesman
Old 01-02-2005, 01:23 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Double Post

~The Salesman
Old 01-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #7
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

"starbury" hands down.
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #8
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

"starbury" hands down.
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:D-Mavs.com Poll: Which NBA PG is the biggest idiot?

Marbury is leading by 3 but J-Will and Francis are a close second with two a piece.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Marbury is leading by 3 but J-Will and Francis are a close second with two a piece.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #11
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

I guess I am the only person here who think that Damon Staudimire is an idiot... however I voted before i read the article, it might be Marbury.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #12
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

I guess I am the only person here who think that Damon Staudimire is an idiot... however I voted before i read the article, it might be Marbury.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #13
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Where's Baron Davis?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #14
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Where's Baron Davis?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #15
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Idiot in real life vs. Idiot on the basketball court are two completely different things.

Francis can be quite dumb on the court.

But man, Damon has screwed up way too many times off the court to not be considered a complete moron.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #16
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Idiot in real life vs. Idiot on the basketball court are two completely different things.

Francis can be quite dumb on the court.

But man, Damon has screwed up way too many times off the court to not be considered a complete moron.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

important distinction. I hadnt even thought of off-court moron. Luckily I voted for someone who is a little of both.

Steve Nash has two votes? He may be a geek and a backstabber, but I've never thought he was dumb. I'd say that once Jackson and Stockton retired, Nash became the smartest on-court player at the 1 guard position, Kidd coming in a close second.

And yeah! Where's B-Diddy?
Old 01-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #18
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

important distinction. I hadnt even thought of off-court moron. Luckily I voted for someone who is a little of both.

Steve Nash has two votes? He may be a geek and a backstabber, but I've never thought he was dumb. I'd say that once Jackson and Stockton retired, Nash became the smartest on-court player at the 1 guard position, Kidd coming in a close second.

And yeah! Where's B-Diddy?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #19
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Terrell Owens?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #20
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Terrell Owens?
Old 01-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #21
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Marbury about one thing. Winning a title is what makes you a winner.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #22
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I almost robotically voted on Steve Francis before reading the article. I haven't seen Marbury being an idiot, which is surprising by how hated he is around the league, apparently. I did see his interview before the PHX- SA first round matchup of 2 years ago, when he said "To beat SA we have to go up 3 levels, then we have to go up 3 more levels. We have to step up the defense and then go up 3 more levels and then 3 levels after that......" Besides that, nothing else. I tend to agree with what he said there. Until you win, you're a loser.

Steve Francis is dumb.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #23
StvNash13

StvNash13 is on a distinguished road

Marbury saying he's the best point guard in the league would be like K-Mart saying he's the best power forward. What a douche.
StvNash13 is offline   Reply With Quote