Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Dallas-Mavs.com Stuff

Old 02-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

People freak out about those "General threads"

I think we started making those as a place to go when you were watching a game. It's like the gameday thread for whatever random NBA game you're watching. That was the original intent. I think some of them even had the words "watch live" in them at some point. I don't think anyone ever intended for all non-Mavericks discussion to go into one thread. That's idiotic, obviously.

But if you're watching TNT on thursday night and you want to make a comment about how much of a little b*tch Tim Duncan is, or say something about Craig Sagers tie, then it's the perfect place to go.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

I think we started making those as a place to go when you were watching a game. It's like the gameday thread for whatever random NBA game you're watching. That was the original intent. I think some of them even had the words "watch live" in them at some point. I don't think anyone ever intended for all non-Mavericks discussion to go into one thread. That's idiotic, obviously.

But if you're watching TNT on thursday night and you want to make a comment about how much of a little b*tch Tim Duncan is, or say something about Craig Sagers tie, then it's the perfect place to go.
I disagree. If I see a thread titled, "ATL vs CLE on TNT, Sager is a douche," I am going to jump in and clown on him.

I don't read every post in every thread, so if I don't know what kind of content a thread has, I'm going to just leave it alone.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
I disagree. If I see a thread titled, "ATL vs CLE on TNT, Sager is a douche," I am going to jump in and clown on him.

I don't read every post in every thread, so if I don't know what kind of content a thread has, I'm going to just leave it alone.
Agreed.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

So you're all saying that even if you already knew (which you now do) that the "NBA Watch Live" thread or whatever the hell it's called is the place where people do actively go to make random, non-thread worthy comments about TNT games on Thursday nights, most of which do not turn into discussions, you would not place your random observation in that thread?

Then by all means, let's all make "Tuesday, January 3rd, Bobcats @ Thunder" threads that get 3 posts and rename this place db.com
Old 02-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you're all saying that even if you already knew (which you now do) that the "NBA Watch Live" thread or whatever the hell it's called is the place where people do actively go to make random, non-thread worthy comments about TNT games on Thursday nights, most of which do not turn into discussions, you would not place your random observation in that thread?

Then by all means, let's all make "Tuesday, January 3rd, Bobcats @ Thunder" threads that get 3 posts and rename this place db.com
Yeah, because the Around the NBA forum is really in danger of getting cluttered. There are threads on the first page that date back to before Christmas.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But if you have a unique thought, you're not going to call your thread "Bobcats @ Thunder."

It would be "Kevin Harlan is a beating," or "Kaman grabs Evans' sack."
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
But if you have a unique thought, you're not going to call your thread "Bobcats @ Thunder."

It would be "Kevin Harlan is a beating," or "Kaman grabs Evans' sack."
Kevin Harlan is a beating.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:

Or...you could open a thread in the Around the NBA forum entitled, "Tim Duncan is a little b*tch", and then pontificate on why.

Tags
124characterlimit, because older = better?, got a bit fluffy in here, igetpaidtowritetags, ineedlargerfonttoo, look at me im important, officialtagssectionhere!, oldtag vs newtag, spamaholics, theproblemhere-->, threaderrhea, twitter/dallas-mavs.com