Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The officiall Barack Hussein Obama Dis List

So Barack is the prez. Dubya has been subjected to quite a bit of vitriol by the lefties for about 8 years. I'm not nearly as good at insults as the lefties so I need some guidance.

Can I call Barack Hitler? Like this?

Or can I call him ChimpObama? Like this?

Or can I just call him stupid? Like this?

Or is all of it out of bounds when you talk about the messiah?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What were you trying to accomplish by posting this dreck?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I love change!!!

After 8 years of Bush and the Republicans getting bashed...it is now the turn of the Democrats to get bashed.

Great job, some pretty funny stuff!!! Insulting but pretty funny.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
So Barack is the prez. Dubya has been subjected to quite a bit of vitriol by the lefties for about 8 years. I'm not nearly as good at insults as the lefties so I need some guidance.

Why do you hate America so much?

You're unpatriotic and God hates you for it, you terrorist...

(I know - I'm starting to sound like a Bush defender!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-13-2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: punching retards is fun
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang...I must have missed the memo that Barack is now America?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

peculiar thing is .... I see no difference between these posts and what you have been gracing us with all along....

what point are you trying to make again?

(and have you finally succeeded after loe these many years? if so.... woot!)
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

eh, these are kind of cruel (excluding the dumb and dumber one, that one is great).. you remind me of the kid in school who trys to join in on everyone else's hazing but then takes it just one step too far and causes an awkward silence. Dude is 'that guy'
Old 11-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #8
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

I tried my best not to say anything and let my fellow friends defend against you on this, but you are indeed RACIST like I said....I think you are a scum, and I truly wish I knew who you were. Seriously, I truly wish I knew. Take that how you want, but I wish I knew you right now. You are NOT a closet RACIST, but I am glad others are seeing it now.

I wonder which one of your friends here will step up and disown you and your post..I call upon all Moderators to take a close look at this, because he needs to be voted out of here. No matter what color you are or what nationality you are, this is highly offensive and beyond repair..

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 11-13-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post

Or can I call him ChimpObama? Like this?

Or can I just call him stupid? Like this?

NM

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 11-13-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:40 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least its not some disingenous speech about supporting the commander-in-chief.

Come on dude, show us how bitter you REALLY are.

Just let it all out...and make sure to towel up afterwards.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:40 AM   #11
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

oh the irony.

when the far left were putting bush's face on a nazi uniform, I recall dude expressed that these people were "out of bounds".

when the far left put bush's face onto a monkey, I recall dude said they had "crossed the line".

apparently dude believes that he is immune to those same constraints of appropriate conduct.

tsk tsk. very disappointing.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

dude.... so you won't even give him a chance to disappoint(or hopefully not disappoint) you first? You are just going to start off, before his Presidency, and rip him? I would suggest getting over it, personally. He is going to be our President. As Americans we should support him.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #13
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
tsk tsk. very disappointing.

If you expected anything else, then you haven't been reading the same forum that I have for the past six years.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 11-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
I tried my best not to say anything and let my fellow friends defend against you on this, but you are indeed RACIST like I said....I think you are a scum, and I truly wish I knew who you were. Seriously, I truly wish I knew. Take that how you want, but I wish I knew you right now. You are NOT a closet RACIST, but I am glad others are seeing it now.

I wonder which one of your friends here will step up and disown you and your post..I call upon all Moderators to take a close look at this, because he needs to be voted out of here. No matter what color you are or what nationality you are, this is highly offensive and beyond repair..
You are such a freaking *****... It's hard to take.. it truly is.

I'd very much prefer not to see pictures of Obama looking Hitleresque and whatnot..but you crying racism every time you see something you don't like is perhaps the most annoying thing on this board.

Isn't it possible that he cannot stand Obama for other reasons than race? Is it even remotely possible? One of these days, you're going to find out that you're the African American that cried racism one too many times... once it actually does occur, no one will pay a damn bit of attention to you because everyone knows that you scream RACISM every chance you get regardless of whether or not there is merit..

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-13-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

and dude1394.... you're a good guy and all..but you need to take a step back from the political forums... calm down... take a deep breath..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #16
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You are such a freaking *****... It's hard to take.. it truly is.

I'd very much prefer not to see pictures of Obama looking Hitleresque and whatnot..but you crying racism every time you see something you don't like is perhaps the most annoying thing on this board.

Isn't it possible that he cannot stand Obama for other reasons than race? Is it even remotely possible? One of these days, you're going to find out that you're the African American that cried racism one too many times... once it actually does occur, no one will pay a damn bit of attention to you because everyone knows that you scream RACISM every chance you get regardless of whether or not there is merit..
Get the fu** out of here with that shi*. Anytime you call a black person a monkey, coon, n-word you are INDEED a racist. Simple as that. Anytime you take the face of a black person and make it into a monkey it will INDEED be racist. PERIOD!!!!

PERIOD!!!! PERIOD!!!!! Putting Obama to look like Hitler is just stupid and dumb, but NOT racist...Do you not get it? The person who put Obama head on here as a monkey is RACIST..Period!!! No matter what. Then when you look at the pattern of that poster, I come to that conclusion. Sometimes people make racist statements, but are not racist. Do you not understand that? But, DUDE is racist. It shows and he has proven that. He is not the only one as well. There are some who just make racist statements, but are not racist, but when they post a racist statement, I will call them a racist, because at THAT time they are racist. PERIOD!!!

I know racism when I see it, because I have experienced it many times in the past and present. I know first hand, BUT you can best believe racism will be dealt with SWIFTLY, FAST and in a hurry if faced with it directly in person. Right now, this is all behind a computer, so it takes a COWARD to be racist behind a computer. I am calling out ALL cowards who are racist behind a computer. Be a tough guy and take it in person..
Old 11-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Get the fu** out of here with that shi*. Anytime you call a black person a monkey, coon, n-word you are INDEED a racist.
I hate to throw salt in your game (or defend an obvious racist), but:

Last edited by Underdog; 11-13-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #18
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
I hate to throw salt in your game
Underdog, there have been so many times I've wanted to give you Rep lately.

PERIOD!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!

Last edited by mary; 11-13-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #19
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkSmoov
I am calling out ALL cowards who are racist behind a computer. Be a tough guy and take it in person..
Silk, you forgot to include an address and time for your in-person smackdown. How are we going to be able to videotape it without this information?

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 11-13-2008 at 11:47 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Too underdogs post...Yeah I've always kind of took the monkey stuff to be more synonymous with stupidity rather than race.

But this thread is...very unfortunate.

In the words of Jerry Jones... "Stop this crap."
Old 11-13-2008, 11:45 AM   #21
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Get the fu** out of here with that shi*
You listen to Flight of the Conchords too?? WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON!!!!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 11-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #22
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
You listen to Flight of the Conchords too?? WE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON!!!!
Please don't call white people birds. It is racist.

(Ok, I'm done now...got it all out of my system)
Old 11-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #23
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Yeah I've always kind of took the monkey stuff to be more synonymous with stupidity rather than race.

But this thread is...very unfortunate.

In the words of Jerry Jones... "Stop this crap."
It has to do with looks too:

Bush's eyes are close together (like a monkey...)

Obama has big ears (like a monkey...)

But when a picture of Obama looking like a monkey follows a picture of him dressed like Hitler and precedes a picture of Obama/Biden "playing the race card", well, one can understand how people may construe that as being racist...

Last edited by Underdog; 11-13-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #24
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i get such a giggle every time I see the bush-monkey stuff.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #25
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It has to do with looks too:

Bush's eyes are close together (like a monkey...)

Obama has big ears (like a monkey...)

But when a picture of Obama looking like a monkey follows a picture of him dressed like Hitler and precedes a picture of Obama/Biden "playing the race card", well, one can understand how people may construe that as being racist...
Not only the pictures and words, but his patterns. At first, I thought he just made racist statements, and was not a racist, but this election has shown the true colors for this guy.

For the record, a picture of a black man as a monkey, and picture of Bush as a monkey is totally different. One is racist, and one is dumb. A person can be racist to his own skin color. If I posted a picture of Obama as a monkey, I am indeed being racist. Same thing goes for calling someone a "Coon".

I dont know a single African American who would NOT be offended by Monkey or Coon jokes or pictures about an African American. To be honest, I really dont know too many people period who would NOT feel the same way no matter what color they are.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #26
Underdog

Quote:
Not only the pictures and words, but his patterns. At first, I thought he just made racist statements, and was not a racist, but this election has shown the true colors for this guy.

For the record, a picture of a black man as a monkey, and picture of Bush as a monkey is totally different. One is racist, and one is dumb. A person can be racist to his own skin color. If I posted a picture of Obama as a monkey, I am indeed being racist. Same thing goes for calling someone a "Coon".

I dont know a single African American who would NOT be offended by Monkey or Coon jokes or pictures about an African American. To be honest, I really dont know too many people period who would NOT feel the same way no matter what color they are.

I do agree with you about "considering the source" - the original poster does concern himself with race a little too often, but if you can't see any resemblance beyond this man's skin color, then maybe you're a little too concerned with race as well:

Old 11-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #27
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

^ lol

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #28
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
^ lol
LOL, indeed...

It's very American to make fun of the Commander-In-Chief (even Obama made fun of his own ears!)

The difference is the intention of such comments - calling a man a monkey doesn't always have to do with race (even though it most likely does in the original poster's case...)

Plus, does anyone remember that Obama is half-white????

Last edited by Underdog; 11-13-2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #29
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Is this ghost ball??
Old 11-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #30
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I do agree with you about "considering the source" - the original poster does concern himself with race a little too often, but if you can't see any resemblance beyond this man's skin color, then maybe you're a little too concerned with race as well:

Actually, I think of Dumbo, Will Smith or Mr.Spock when I see his ears...
Old 11-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #31
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

everyone's a little bit racist...it's true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbud8rLejLM
Old 11-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #32
Underdog

Quote:
Obviously a million other images can be conjured up aside from a monkey, but just because someone draws the comparison, doesn't ALWAYS mean it's steeped in racism...

Last edited by Underdog; 11-13-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #33
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Racism is all about context and intent.

Someone can accomplish clear racism without SAYING anything (one easy instance is standing with your arms crossed glaring at a black customer at a dining counter in the 60s in Birmingham). On the other hand, Howard Cosell was drummed out for saying "look at that little monkey go" in a context that in my opinion was OBVIOUSLY not racist.

This leaves a LOT of foggy area to "play" with... and the end result is plenty of racist bungholes who make statements that purposely have a shred of ambiguity in them so they can throw up their arms in mock disbelief... and we also have uuber sensitive chicken littles that are looking for racism under every acorn.

This is the world we live in, and thankfully it is a clear improvemnt over even 15ish years ago ... at least for the most part true racists today have to PRETEND to have been falsely accused. I think that it is the hope of many that a black man as president will heal some of the wouunds that are clearly still open and stinging... but it is an incrimental process...
Old 11-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #34
mcsluggo
Golden Member

the vulcan (or romulan) angle is clearly the way to go... 'specially with the uuber serious, thoughtful look he often has.

I grok Obama. (to mix a few metafors...)
Old 11-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #35
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
Racism is all about context and intent.

Someone can accomplish clear racism without SAYING anything (one easy instance is standing with your arms crossed glaring at a black customer at a dining counter in the 60s in Birmingham). On the other hand, Howard Cosell was drummed out for saying "look at that little monkey go" in a context that in my opinion was OBVIOUSLY not racist.

This leaves a LOT of foggy area to "play" with... and the end result is plenty of racist bungholes who make statements that purposely have a shred of ambiguity in them so they can throw up their arms in mock disbelief... and we also have uuber sensitive chicken littles that are looking for racism under every acorn.

This is the world we live in, and thankfully it is a clear improvemnt over even 15ish years ago ... at least for the most part true racists today have to PRETEND to have been falsely accused. I think that it is the hope of many that a black man as president will heal some of the wouunds that are clearly still open and stinging... but it is an incrimental process...
I wish I could negative rep DJ for not getting the rep fixed...

Well-said, Sluggo!

Last edited by Underdog; 11-13-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #36
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:

O....M....G.......!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 11-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #37
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:

Silk as the you are the expert on racial issues around these parts, please provide us with your wisdom.

What are the rules?

Please don't tell us what we can NOT do, but rather tell us what is acceptable?

How can we make fun of Obama without it coming off as racial?

Please, there are many here if not all of us, who are NOT racist, yet we don't like the guy or his politics...so what would you feel is a fair way to make fun of him and it not come off as racist?
Old 11-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #38
Underdog

And just when you thought the fire had died down, enter 92bDad...

Last edited by Underdog; 11-13-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: [rolls eyes]
Old 11-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #39
92bDad
Platinum Member

UD You da man!!!

That W-Monkey stuff was hilarious. I'ld send you a rep...but as has been stated, it doesn't work...maybe soon we can see that CHANGE

Here's a pic of UD from back in the day: As was coined by the loser of that match "If want to be the best you've got o beat the best" UD has beat the best!!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #40
Underdog

wat

[seriously, if your aim was to confuse - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!]

Last edited by Underdog; 11-13-2008 at 01:26 PM.