Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-11-2002, 11:39 AM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The Mavs really need to come out fast today. If they get in a hole early, it will be deeper than normal because of the strain to get out. I sure hope Dirk and Nash can find their stroke and that Raef and FINLEY have another awesome game. Finley has been slowly heating up lately and was just on fire last game. I think he is peaking at the right time. We need Dirk or Nash to pick it up too. NVE needs to be hot and lets stay out of foul trouble. What did I miss?

predictions?

not me....other than a Mavs victory.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2002, 12:28 PM   #2
Mavs4Fin

Mavs4Fin is on a distinguished road

a mavs blowout win, I am on my way out the door to the game.
Mavs4Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 01:32 PM   #3
KEVIN_NY

KEVIN_NY is on a distinguished road

Mavs 122
Kings 110

Dirk will awe you.
KEVIN_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 02:09 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care who it is but 2 of the big 3 must be on. With the 3rd being quietly effective, whether it be assisting, rebounding or just holding their own on defense.

I can only hope Raef can play like he did in game 3 and either NVE or Buckner pick up the slack wherever it is.

The key is that we come out gunning and not let the Kings open up a 10-15 point lead after 1.

And please...just keep Bibby in check.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:17 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Where is everyone? Almost game time.

That was kinda a neat segment on Nash.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:19 PM   #6
KEVIN_NY

Fin definitely will be awesome, again. Look for Kings put much more pressure on him in this game, and that will create opportunities for teammates.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:19 PM   #7
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here.... just too nervous right now to post.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 02:24 PM   #8
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I'm here.... just too nervous right now to post.

I understand.

I have the jitters.

And I hardly recognized you Bayliss.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:25 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Interesting lineups for both teams.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:26 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Way to start off Nash.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:27 PM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Raef with the 3.

Jackson travels.

Much better start.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:29 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Dirk looking much more aggressive, struggling with his fisrt 2 shots though.

Just missed his 3rd.

The Mavs look much better to start this game.

And Raef is on freaking fire. Run with it man, run with it.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:31 PM   #13
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

Wow...is everyone from this board at the game or something?

Awesome start by the Mavs...Raef is awesome since he was heavily criticized.

Raef with the 3!!!

All we need is Dirk to catch fire and we will be very good shape.

*pre-game jitters slowly fading* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 02:32 PM   #14
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk backrimmed a coupler of shots but I see more fire from him than I did all 44 minutes from game 3...

Raef is smokin' right now...
Old 05-11-2002, 02:33 PM   #15
KEVIN_NY

Am I allowed to change my prediction from mavs 122 - kings 110 to Mavs 140 kings 110? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2002, 02:34 PM   #16
NashFan1341

Good point...he is going strong to the hoop. It's just a matter of time until his shots start falling. I would like to see some posterization over Divac...doesn't matter who from.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:35 PM   #17
MavsFanFinley
Guru

The Mavs look much more crisp...there's a fire in them right now.

I think they understand that they let one get away.

Fin with the layup.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:37 PM   #18
MavsFanFinley
Guru

OMG...what is with Bibby?
Old 05-11-2002, 02:38 PM   #19
NashFan1341

Bibby is a punk. I could use a different word, but I'll be nice for now...

Nash with the sweet lay up...

AND THE 3!!!
Old 05-11-2002, 02:39 PM   #20
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

beautiful game by the Mavs' Fab Five so far
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 02:40 PM   #21
DTL
Diamond Member

of course, if Dirk'd been knocking them down, too, would be even better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2002, 02:40 PM   #22
DTL
Diamond Member

somebody take Bibby out
Old 05-11-2002, 02:41 PM   #23
DTL
Diamond Member

he's hurting my enjoyment of the game
Old 05-11-2002, 02:41 PM   #24
Bayliss

Dirk is really cold....
Old 05-11-2002, 02:42 PM   #25
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Can we not get a foul call?

What do we have to do?

I love seeing Divac miss a point blank layup like that.

Bibby continues to kill us.

Dirk...snap out of it buddy! 0-6 aint going to do it.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:42 PM   #26
Bayliss

actually I'd like to see him get a transition dunk....

just something easy for how bad his shot is right now....

Old 05-11-2002, 02:43 PM   #27
DTL
Diamond Member

at least Dirk's been aggressive. those shots will begin to fall if he keeps shooting and gets to the line some
Old 05-11-2002, 02:44 PM   #28
NashFan1341

I'm hoping the time out (plus a strong talking to from Nellie/Nash, whoever) will help him get out of his little slump.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:44 PM   #29
DTL
Diamond Member

<< actually I'd like to see him get a transition dunk....

just something easy for how bad his shot is right now....
>>

good call.

-- didn't recognize you, Bayliss.... looks like the new icon's doing a lot of good for the Mavs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2002, 02:45 PM   #30
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Dirk fell asleep!

How many ally-oops has Bibby had to Webber after a Mav miss?
Old 05-11-2002, 02:45 PM   #31
DTL
Diamond Member

we need to pass the ball around more in the halfcourt
Old 05-11-2002, 02:47 PM   #32
DTL
Diamond Member

that's the way to do it, Nick!
Old 05-11-2002, 02:47 PM   #33
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Even though they've missed some layups, I'd like to see them continue to attack.

Finally! Dirk with the layup.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:47 PM   #34
KEVIN_NY

Come on, Dirk, don't give up.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:48 PM   #35
DTL
Diamond Member

great pass by NVE to cutting Dirk
Old 05-11-2002, 02:48 PM   #36
NashFan1341

Wow...a lead after the 1st quarter? What a concept.

Wish it was a little bigger tho, but I'll take what we can get.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:49 PM   #37
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Wow...a lead after the 1st quarter? What a concept.

My thoughts exactly.

Wish it would have been larger with the start we had. Not the finish I was looking for, but your right, we'll take it.

Let's get rolling Mavs to start the 2nd quarter.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:50 PM   #38
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk STILL looks lost - the play where Webber BLEW by him was sickening.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 02:50 PM   #39
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Nellie should sit Dirk for a quarter. I'm not bashing Dirk here, he just needs to sit back and observe for a minute.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 02:50 PM   #40
KEVIN_NY

Great so far, except Dirk's shooting. It will pick up.