Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-11-2002, 11:54 PM   #1
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

1. Bobby Jackson had a career game, won't happen again.
2. Bibby has played beyond his capability, he can't play better..... but can play worse
3. Dirk, Nash, Fin and Nick all can play better
4. I think Dirk really started to get going in the second half today and will continue in game 5
5. I think the Kings have gotten very lucky, i think there luck might have run out
6. Peja is still hurt
7. Nash won't commit 9 turnovers
8. The pressure is on THEM
9. Buck will hopefully play more.
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2002, 11:55 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank God. Finally someone else is showing hope that we can still win this series. I know we haven't agreed much Dirk77, but thank you for a great post!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 12:08 AM   #3
NotEnuffEyesToSee

NotEnuffEyesToSee is on a distinguished road

My head keeps saying "it's over, you idiot" to me but my heart "we still can win this series".
Too many lives to lead Not enough time
It's too late
NotEnuffEyesToSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 12:09 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

now that I can understand. We are all heartbroken right now...but the Mavs do have the talent to come back. It's not over by a long shot.
Old 05-12-2002, 12:12 AM   #5
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< My head keeps saying &quot;it's over, you idiot&quot; to me but my heart &quot;we still can win this series&quot;. >>

Yeah. If we tighten up our D and Dirk shoots better then we can win. If those two things don't happen then our time of death is approxiametely 11:00 p.m. May 13th.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 12:16 AM   #6
Dirk77
Banned

Dirk77 is on a distinguished road

it is a long shot! But wasn't the American Revolution a long shot? Wasn't our 0-2 comeback last year a long shot? Wasn't drafting a young 7 footer out of Wurzburg Germany a long shot? Wasn't the Patriots beating the Rams a long shot? Long shots happen, they can happen, they have happened, they will continue to happen. It's over when the buzzer sounds at the end of the 4th qtr. and Sac. is winning. Until then, you can shove your stats up your ass, cause it's NOT OVER1
Dirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 02:16 AM   #7
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

1. Bobby Jackson had a career game, won't happen again.
Yes

2. Bibby has played beyond his capability, he can't play better..... but can play worse
He did in game 1. The Mavs lost

3. Dirk, Nash, Fin and Nick all can play better
Agreed except for Fin. He has been great.

4. I think Dirk really started to get going in the second half today and will continue in game 5
Dirk started game 1 like crap, played better in the second half. Didn't exactly tear things up in game 2.

5. I think the Kings have gotten very lucky, i think there luck might have run out
How? Yeah they have had some streaky shooting nights, but foul trouble has plagued them. If the Mavs had won today, wouldn't Kings fans be complaining about the 5th foul on Webber as a game changer.

6. Peja is still hurt
IMO the only possibility for a Mavs win at this point

7. Nash won't commit 9 turnovers
Agreed
8. The pressure is on THEM
Why is that? They just need to win 1 of 3.
9. Buck will hopefully play more.
I love Buck, but if we are counting on him being the difference between being eliminated and winning 3 straight then the Mavs are in trouble.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 03:20 AM   #8
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

The Mavs just have to take it game by game, biggest concern when your down 3-1 or 3-0 is will the team come out and play hard, and I think they will Steve, Mike and Dirk, know what happened last year so they know its possible, NVE while not a great defender, he is a gamer and has a lot of heart so he will be ready to play, only person I really worried about is Raef. If the Mavs can win in Sac. at Monday which they have done 3 out of 4 times this year, the series will go to 7. Game 6 is in Dallas, I find it hard to imagine the Kings beating us 3 straight times at the AAC. Game 7 of course will be hard, but if it does come down to Game 7 the Kings will be rattled, and honest I don't see how louder it could be, cowbells don't have volume control, so I don't see how playing game 7 their would be so much different then games 1,2 and 5. In other words I do think the Mavs are in deep doo-doo but they are not completly hopeless.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 12:45 PM   #9
NashFan1341

NashFan1341 is on a distinguished road

<< My head keeps saying &quot;it's over, you idiot&quot; to me but my heart &quot;we still can win this series&quot;. >>

I'm with you. Yes, I was disappointed after yesterday's loss since it was a very winnable game, one we SHOULD have won. (Imagine sitting in church for 2 hours right after that loss...not pleasant) But there is no need to dwell on the past. What's done is done and now we have to focus on capturing the next 3. From what we saw last year 2nd round, we know the guys can do it. As a matter of fact sometimes they do their best with their backs against the wall. (As cool as that is I'd like to see them put themselves in favorable positions more often than not)

Thanks for this thread...gives me more hope that the guys can do it.
NashFan1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 01:02 PM   #10
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

We have yet to play our game. This series IS going 7.

Base Line Guy
Old 05-12-2002, 01:55 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Anyone who doesn't think we can win in 7 is not a true fan. And they should read BLG's sig for reference. When you have loved this team for as long as we have it is impossible to give up on them.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:29 PM   #12
g_mon

g_mon is on a distinguished road

Winning three in a row against a team that has not lost 3 in a row all year is rough.. Plus being that 2 of them is at their home? ouch... I am a Kings fan, and if a team can do it though, its definitely the Mavs... I am hoping to get it over in 5 so we don't give you guys a new breath of air. But damn... Hell of a series with some good games. I almost wish it was a best of 10..
g_mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 04:33 PM   #13
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

I think if we can win MONDAY, we won't lose at home on Thursday which would make it a 1 game series. We have proved we can win in Arco and I like our chances but it will be extremely tough. Dirk has GOT to show up and play as aggressive as he did in the MIN series.

Base Line Guy
Old 05-12-2002, 04:46 PM   #14
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

well- like the old saying goes- its not over till its over. A jump shooting team like dallas all gets hot at the same time- I dont care is they dont play defense- they can beat anyone. And they do like playing at SAC. Sure- its a long-shot, but not impossible... Dirk gets hot, Nash stops playing catch with the fans, Finley knocking down three's and creating shots, HELL- it could happen...

As much as i Like Webber- he wont go for 30 again this series- I HOPE. And Jackson wont play that well again EVER....WHo knows???
Old 05-12-2002, 06:00 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

g_mon- welcome to the board. I think the next game decides who plays the Lakers. Either way. I also wish the Mavs and Kings could play more. Two great teams. This will probably be the most enjoyable series to watch in this entire playoffs.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:36 PM   #16
IsDirkEvenPlaying?

IsDirkEvenPlaying? has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Sorry, but as sad as it is, yesterday's game WAS the series.

And even sadder, Dallas had COMPLETE COMMANDING CONTROL of the game but somehow CHOKED VERY BADLY.

Very unbelievable way to lose.

Old 05-12-2002, 06:38 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

why do you insist on spewing out negative crap?
Old 05-12-2002, 06:46 PM   #18
Mavs4Fin

Mavs4Fin is on a distinguished road

the dallas mavericks did not choke, i am sorry to say dirk did however. i know hes a part of the dallas mavericks, but when a layup is all you need the team thing is out he window and it falls upon that players shoulders to make the layup. the team couldnt put the layup in the whole for dirk, dirk had to put the layup in the basket and he didnt. oh well, get ready for game 5. dirk comes out hot i hope, and scores 50
Mavs4Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 06:48 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

He put the shot up there and it had a chance. He had a good defender on him while doing it It bounced threet imes on the damn rim. It happens. Dirk did not choke.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:50 PM   #20
Mavs4Fin

dirk is 7ft tall, no defense should make him miss a layup. that layup was easier than a free throw imo. if dirk shot that 10 more times, he would make it 9 times. he unfortunately missed it that 1 time we needed him to make it.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:52 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

still, to categorize his performance in game four as a choke is just wrong imo.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:57 PM   #22
NashFan1341

Wasn't this supposed to be a positive thread?

Apparently there are many negative threads on this board. If you insist on bashing the Mavs, by all means go ahead. In your own special thread.

Call us crazy but there are some fans that believe in the Mavs and their talent and will to win. Yes, they lost a game. It is not the end of the world. What about the fans who's team did not make it in the playoffs? At least we did that. By saying that I'm not saying I'll be disappointed if the team does not the WCF/Finals. I will be. But I'm not going to abandon the team and call them, the coach, etc. a bunch of losers.

So again, let us &quot;crazy fans&quot; have our optimistic threads and you can go off on how Dirk (All-Star, 2nd All NBA team) is a terrible player.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:59 PM   #23
Mavs4Fin

the performance is out the window, dirk could have had 50 points before that but if he misses a layup to tie the game in OT, especially in a game 4 when you're already down 2-1, he choked IMO.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:02 PM   #24
Mavs4Fin

NashFan, no 1 has said that he is a terrible player because we all know he is not but some may believe that he should have hit a damn layup to tie the game in OT. i think he choked, or froze up whatever way you want to put it. thats just my opinion
Old 05-12-2002, 07:10 PM   #25
NashFan1341

I agree I screamed &quot;DIRK?? WHAT THE HELL??&quot; after he missed that. But that ball bounced everywhere around the rim and rolled out. It was horrible luck.

But there have been people on this board out right dissing Dirk, I'm not singling out you. I can understand being upset with him, being confused on how he could've blown that lay up. But what's the point in dwelling over it? It'll just suppress your faith in the team.

I'll admit I sat and stewed over the loss for most of yesterday evening. Was not a pleasant person to be around for a while [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But what's done is done and we have to concentrate on supporting our guys as far as they go.

What amazes me is that people who when teams go out of the playoffs believe they are the &quot;WORST TEAM EVER!!&quot; Then the next year when they make it into the playoffs go out and buy jersey's etc. If you're going to support a team, then do it in good times and bad.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:18 PM   #26
Mavs4Fin

Thats exactly what I have said all along, but in a shorter way. No need for a long post imo, he missed a layup. its over, get ready for game 5. I was at the game, and was pissed very pissed. I seen Dirk after the game, and I could tell he was disappointed but he knows that shot shouldv'e went down. I say he choked, but I will not say he is terrible. Hell, he is 1 of the better players in this league no way in hell I will say he is terrible. I have had confidence in him the whole season, I am not going to change now. I know what he can do, and I know if I gave him 9 more tries at that shot he would make it every time. IMO, I think I am the Mavs biggest fan on here(what fan dont think like that?). I have said it in other posts, that I think the Mavs can and will win this series. They will only do it with Fin, Dirk, and Nash leading them to it.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:26 PM   #27
NashFan1341

Great post Mavs4Fin...believe me, I don't think anyone is saying that your not a true Mavs fan. Everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it's stated in a calm fashion. But there are certain people who just don't believe in the Mavs anymore and that's what is not needed at this point and time.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:27 PM   #28
Drbio
Banned

the performance is out the window, dirk could have had 50 points before that but if he misses a layup to tie the game in OT, especially in a game 4 when you're already down 2-1, he choked IMO.

Wow. Now that is kneejerk IMO.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:28 PM   #29
Mavs4Fin

call it what you want, but i expect an allstar to make a layup to tie the game in OT.