Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 03-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
usafreedom3

usafreedom3 has a spectacular aura aboutusafreedom3 has a spectacular aura aboutusafreedom3 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Cuban to produce anti-American film

Before anybody comes on here bashing me for being anti-Cuban, you are dead wrong. I am a Mavs Season Ticket holder and have been since 1998. This also is not technically a basketball related post I know, but it is very important nonetheless.

Mark Cuban and his 2929 Entertainment are going forward with this disgusting, whacko, leftist, conspiracy theory movie ala Michael Moore.

I am all for questioning your government, but come on for crying out loud.

This is nothing but a hatchet job, and the thing that amazes me is how many morons actually think that GW and our government killed thousands of our own citizens, instead of the Islamo-Fascists who clearly are at war with the West..

Here are their emails so please let them know if you feel they should not produce this trash. The co-called movie is called Loose Change, and the complete dip-s_it Charlie Sheen is going to narrate (that tells you all you need to know)

twagner@2929entertainment.com

mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com
usafreedom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #2
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i've seen a couple of cuban produced movies...

Smartest Guys in the Room, about the enron thingy
World's Fastest Indian, about a dude trying to set a land speed record on a motorcycle.

both were really well produced and I enjoyed them very much. Fastest Indian, in particular, was a first rate movie.

anyhoo, I enjoy a conspiracy theory as much as the next guy -- i'll keep a look out for loose change. thanks for the heads up.

cheers
Old 03-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

edit: nevermind

Last edited by mnmpeanut; 03-24-2007 at 02:02 PM.
mnmpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #4
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmpeanut
nevermind...
i'm not altogether sure that Cuban et al have anything to do with the film -- looks like cuban and loose change went back and forth with some emails, but that's about all i can see.

Last edited by alexamenos; 03-24-2007 at 02:07 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban had nothing to do with the production of the movie.

They've also said they'd like to produce a movie presenting the opposing the views put forth in Loosechange.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
alexamenos
Diamond Member

odds usafreedom3 will ever submit another post in this forum.....

i'll go with 1 - 40.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Cuban had nothing to do with the production of the movie.

They've also said they'd like to produce a movie presenting the opposing the views put forth in Loosechange.
This is what I heard. They were clear in that they weren't taking sides in producing the films for a wider audience, just that they wanted to present both sides. (and make some money)

I don't think this is a big deal. But it is a little discouraging.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:31 PM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Based on what I'm seeing so far, Cuban's film company, or whatever, is going to distribute it. I don't think for a second that Cuban is crazy enough to support the views within... despite his Cubanness. I think he's just being his usual provocateur self.

However, considering the coverage it's getting, he's going to have to come way out front on this or people are going to get pissed... granted, season ticket renewals were due 10 days ago, so... oh well.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:30 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

production= money.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:50 PM   #10
usafreedom3

usafreedom3 has a spectacular aura aboutusafreedom3 has a spectacular aura aboutusafreedom3 has a spectacular aura about

It is a free country, and many brave men and women have fought for his right to distribute this pathetic film.
As for showing what else you wrote, what do you mean show the other side of things? Some things are so plain they have no other side.

This is like saying we should have promoted Adolph Hitler's side about why he felt justified in incinerating 6 million Jews. Come on.

Whatever you think of George Bush, or whatever political persuasion you happen to be, it is still mind bogging why anyone would believe this garbage.

I suppose we should go back to the Clinton years, where we were attacked again and again with no response (other than bombing an aspirin factory in the dead of night). He was far too distracted disgracing the Oval Office with that tramp.

The liberals see terrorism as a law enforement matter, and not a war, which it is. Liberals try to excuse the terrorists and blame America for them attacking us.

I love Mark Cuban and the Mavs, but in this case if his company distirbutes this garbage, then he is dead wrong and this film is a complete hatchet job and is so utterly ridiculous that I cannot believe we have people who live here who give it any credence whatsoever.

Having said all of that, I have great respect for Cuban as his Fallen Patriots charity has raised millions of dollars to support verterans' families. I just wish he would not help promote this ridiculous garbage film.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:31 PM   #11
usafreedom3

I have not seen it, but have read about it extensively. I know enough to know it is a hatchet job and similar to the cut and paste crap Michael Moore did.

By the way, that is Highly Informed Summer's Eve to you.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #12
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafreedom3
By the way, that is Highly Informed Summer's Eve to you.
HA
Old 03-25-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
alexamenos
Diamond Member

wow, another usafreedom3 sighting...color me a bit surprised.

anyhoo...kudos to you, man. you show great courage in standing up for the most powerful institution on the face of the earth as it comes under attack from a loose collection of paranoid misfits.

cheers
Old 03-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #14
carmella

carmella is on a distinguished road

I know you are just itching to say something Wurz!!! LOL
carmella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #15
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Have you actually seen the movie and know it to be a hatchet job? Or are you just an opinionated douche?
I've watched it. I'm not sure why people consider it to be so thought inspiring. They leave a lot of pretty important questions unanswered.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:50 AM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Have you actually seen the movie and know it to be a hatchet job? Or are you just an opinionated douche?
Might turn that back on you.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #17
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Might turn that back on you.
yeah... opinionated douche was a bit strong. My Bad.
And No.
I've never seen the movie and have no intention to, but dammit I'm getting sick and tired of being called unpatriotic because I question authority. If no one ever questioned our government we'd still be a bunch of colonialists. All of the sudden I don't support the troops, because I want the people who put them in harms way held accountable for those actions. How many of you wanted Clinton strung up by his nads over Somalia? An ill advised descicion that put troops in a bad way. Yet we just let W run willy-nilly and do whatever he wants, (that's right I said, "willy-nilly") and you can't say anything about it or you're undermining the troops. That's a double standard. Sick of it.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

he also produced "Good Night and Good Luck"...which was genius.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #19
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

and that remake of "Black Christmas"

here is a link to all the stuff he's done...

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0005596/

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 03-26-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #20
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Mark Cuban's masterpeice "Godsend" was recently voted one of the twenty worst movies of all time on rottentomatoes.com
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape
Mark Cuban's masterpeice "Godsend" was recently voted one of the twenty worst movies of all time on rottentomatoes.com
haha...but it had Robert D!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #22
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i took swimming lessons with debra winger's kid.

(apparently 2929 produced Searching For Debra Winger).
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #23
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
i took swimming lessons with debra winger's kid.

(apparently 2929 produced Searching For Debra Winger).
are you saying that Debra Winger's kid hadn't something to do with 9/11, or has this thread taken one of the most dramatic turns to the trivial in internet history?

cheers
Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #24
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
are you saying that Debra Winger's kid hadn't something to do with 9/11, or has this thread taken one of the most dramatic turns to the trivial in internet history?

cheers
debra winger's son is actually dick cheney. he's just been aged rapidly. the real dick cheney was a huge left-wing guy back in the 70s....but in the late 80s the republicans realized the best way to put a dagger in the heart of the dems was to use their greatest icon against them. so they offed cheney and had debra winger's son become him by advancing his age and lots of plastic surgery. this is around 94, when the republicans took back congress.

then he got a bunch of C-4 and dynamite and strategically exploded the WTCs.

Last edited by mkat; 03-26-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #25
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
debra winger's son is actually dick cheney. he's just been aged rapidly. the real dick cheney was a huge left-wing guy back in the 70s....but in the late 80s the republicans realized the best way to put a dagger in the heart of the dems was to use their greatest icon against them. so they offed cheney and had debra winger's son become him by advancing his age and lots of plastic surgery. this is around 94, when the republicans took back congress.

then he got a bunch of C-4 and dynamite and strategically exploded the WTCs.
silly...Debra Winger's son/Dick Cheney was just a patsy.....we all know that the, ummm....., jay oh ohhs are responsible for 9/11.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #26
usafreedom3

"but dammit I'm getting sick and tired of being called unpatriotic because I question authority. If no one ever questioned our government we'd still be a bunch of colonialists. All of the sudden I don't support the troops, because I want the people who put them in harms way held accountable for those actions. How many of you wanted Clinton strung up by his nads over Somalia? An ill advised descicion that put troops in a bad way. Yet we just let W run willy-nilly and do whatever he wants, (that's right I said, "willy-nilly") and you can't say anything about it or you're undermining the troops. That's a double standard. Sick of it"

I never called you unpatriotic. In fact, that is one of the oldest tricks in the liberal playbook. On page 2 is says clearly "when engaged in an argument with a conservative over national security, and you find yourself losing the argument (all the time), immediately accuse the conservative of questioning your patriotism to diffuse their argument. It is helpful if you can get a camera from NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, Air America (are they still around?), or almost any major news publication to film this event. Whatever you do, do not let a Fox News camera catch you doing this"

You can love your country as much as I do, and because you don't believe as I do does not make you one bit unpatriotic, but it still makes you dead wrong about the war we are in (if you admit we are engaged in one at all) and the severity of the threat we face from radical islam. We should all be in this together, but unfortunately we are not.

My whole point of this is that I like Mark Cuban, I love the Mavs, and it infuriates me when these comspiracy theories (the ones so utterly ridiculous) are produced and distributed. It emboldens our enemy and it hurts our cause.
Some things (like accusing our Govt of 911) are so stupid, so ridiculous, and so hurtful to all of the victims of 911 that they do not deserve the other side. There is only one side on 911.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #27
usafreedom3

Points taken- Most of them anyway (P.S. I am talking to the guy that made his points without cussing me out) Think I struck a nerve on that other guy

What book did you get that from? "How to make friends on the Internet"
I co-wrote that book with Dick Cheney. How am I doing at that part?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #28
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that Michael Moore movies are gonna make money and thats what producing is all about.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #29
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394

When the democrats mirror the requests of al queda, how can it not embolden them and provide them with support? They see a split, they see that the democrats want to leave immediately, that's what they want as well.
they don't want us to leave. that's naivete. maybe the commoner over there wants us to leave, but if we leave, it ends the jihad. what then?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:17 AM   #30
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
they don't want us to leave. that's naivete. maybe the commoner over there wants us to leave, but if we leave, it ends the jihad. what then?
Huh? Are you bonkers, if we leave they just continue their jihad against the rest of the arab nations who aren't a fundamental islamic nation.

The one thing that al queada did really wrong was tackling us so early. But after seeing what a chicken-**** we were (lebanan, somolia, iran, cole) they figured we'd fold up and run tail again.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
Perhaps you'd like to make pennance by giving a small donation to the Fallen Patriots Fund?

http://www.fallenpatriotfund.org/
Rep
Old 03-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #32
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

....And to think, I was pissed because Star Search was taken off the air.
Ok, Ok, reading all this made me realize why I like to stay in the sports forums.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #33
usafreedom3

Been a few days, and I have really enjoyed your arguments. There are many brave men and women overseas fighting to protect our rights to say these things freely, without Government persecution.

I will make this long (which I suppose will make some of you unhappy), but the one part that was discussed that struck me is the debate about emboldening our enemies.

We all have our points of view, but I think world events prove things better than anything and I will point to three of them involving Iran.

1) The original 444 day hostage taking in 1979. We appeared weak and impotent under Jimmy Carter, and they were testing our resolve to see what consequences there would be , if any. Our hostages stayed there for 444 days under Jimmy Carter, and do you rememeber the day they were realeased? Inauguration day for Ronald WIlson Reagan. Coincidence? HMMMMMM I feel very certain that the rhetoric coming from Reagan as he was campaigning compelled them to release our people as they did not want to mess with him. This taught them something about us, and about us under certain leaders, and this was really the beginning of terrorism in the modern day form we see today. They saw us as weak under Carter, and it emboldened them.

2) September 1987 when the Iranians were attempting to lay mines to blow up our naval ships. Instead of jacking around with UN type diplomacy (sometimes diplomacy is the right method), Reagan went on the offensive and attacked the mine laying ships. Message sent and crisis averted.

3) This recent capture of British folks is a direct result of the enemy being emboldened. They are emboldened by a lot of the political and media rhetoric here and in Britain (and in Europe), and they perceive Bush and Blair as politically weakened (weakened from within). One needs to look no further than the "retreat and surrender act of 2007" that was just passed by a Democratic controlled congress as one of the main examples of our innate weakness under certain types of leadership.

Bottom line is talking and negotiating is all well and good, but these regimes and the terrorists they support are flat out "evil" and the ONLY THING they respect is power. This may be a simplification for some of you that analyze these things, but it is the truth (in my opinion). It is tiem the world community stand up to terrorism now or we will be dealing with this for many, many years.

Oh yeah, there was a question to me that went something like "how many terrorists do we have to kill"? The simple and complex answer is "as many as it takes". There are many children who are being brain-washed and indoctrinated in the Madrassas to hate Jews and Americans, and thinking Jihad leads them to paradise. We need to put a stop to this, but in the meantime we can make a big dent on terrorism by killing them , staying on the offensive, and not relenting to their evil. We need to show the type of backbone we had under Reagan, and under GW, and not let the left in this country degrade our will to fight.

God bless our troops and the USA and please pray for the safe release of the British sailrs and Marines
Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 AM   #34
alexamenos
Diamond Member

and when the terrorists killed 240 marines in Beirut....Reagan showed'em then, didn't he?

reagan said f' this shit, let's pack our bags and come home....

yeah....he cowboy'd up there.

and oh yeah, there was that little "arms for hostages" thing where Reagan rewarded terrorist groups for taking hostages by sending goodie packages to Iran.

Last edited by alexamenos; 03-30-2007 at 10:51 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #35
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Bottom line is talking and negotiating is all well and good, but these regimes and the terrorists they support are flat out "evil" and the ONLY THING they respect is power. This may be a simplification for some of you that analyze these things, but it is the truth (in my opinion). It is tiem the world community stand up to terrorism now or we will be dealing with this for many, many years.
So, lets go nuke them. Nuke Iran, nuke a few cities in Iraq known to harbor terrorists. Nuke some of those tribal areas around the Pakistani and Afghani border. Oh, and we will need to nuke Saudi Arabia as well. I agree, all these people know is power and fear and that is all they respect, so let's turn them into radioactive vapor and be done with it. I mean, that is what you want right? You want to "win". Well, that is the only way to "win" in this situation. There is no way to "win" a war against a disjointed, decentralized group of people willing to die. There never has been a way, and there never will be a way, except to nuke every member and everyone who MIGHT become a member at some point. There is no way to win, because there is not just one person to kill or one place to capture. You kill one and two more take his place. You get control of an area, then move to the next one and the people you had "control" of before are back out of control as soon as you are gone.
There is no way to win. None.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #36
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pth
Except for the fact of Japan, Germany, and South Korea.

You win by empowering the people.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #37
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pth
So, lets go nuke them. Nuke Iran, nuke a few cities in Iraq known to harbor terrorists. Nuke some of those tribal areas around the Pakistani and Afghani border. Oh, and we will need to nuke Saudi Arabia as well. I agree, all these people know is power and fear and that is all they respect, so let's turn them into radioactive vapor and be done with it. I mean, that is what you want right? You want to "win". Well, that is the only way to "win" in this situation. There is no way to "win" a war against a disjointed, decentralized group of people willing to die. There never has been a way, and there never will be a way, except to nuke every member and everyone who MIGHT become a member at some point. There is no way to win, because there is not just one person to kill or one place to capture. You kill one and two more take his place. You get control of an area, then move to the next one and the people you had "control" of before are back out of control as soon as you are gone.

good post, and you're absolutely right.

There is no possible way to win a war against "terror" or "terrorism" because terror is an emotion and terrorism is a proven para-military tactic used by all manner of groups. Terrorism doesn't scare me in the least, but the fact that our national discourse is so intellectually weak that serious people actually talk about defeating "terrorism" scares me a bit.

and defeating "Radical Islam"???? ....good luck with all that. faiths such as these are built on the blood of martyrs, as it were. It'd be much easier to distract them with porn and video games than defeat them with bombs.

cheers
Old 03-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #38
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Except for the fact of Japan, Germany, and South Korea.

You win by empowering the people.
When did Japan and Germany and South Korea become religious fundamentalists who have been stuck in a dark-age social mentality for 500-600 years?

I agree, empowering people is a good thing, but in places where they hold no law above the word of the Prophet and if you disobey their interpretation, you are subject to being put to death, there is a limit to what power the people even want. You take away the president of Pakistan and his dictator-ish rule, and you have Taliban-Afghanistan South.

Germany and Japan were no where in the same planet socially and fundamentally.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #39
usafreedom3

Cannot win? I have a 21 month old daughter and a wife, and I pray for all of our sakes you are wrong about that. We may not be able to visualize victory yet, but make no mistake we can achieve it. If not, then we better all learn Farsi, get a prayer mat, and use google maps to figure out which way mecca is.

At least we can all agree on the Mavs! You guys are too funny!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #40
big_pth
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafreedom3
Cannot win? I have a 21 month old daughter and a wife, and I pray for all of our sakes you are wrong about that. We may not be able to visualize victory yet, but make no mistake we can achieve it. If not, then we better all learn Farsi, get a prayer mat, and use google maps to figure out which way mecca is.

At least we can all agree on the Mavs! You guys are too funny!
There was a way to win, it was to NOT go into that mess of Iraq basically alone, concentrate on Afghanistan and the Taliban and wiping them out. Now we set Iraq up to be a terrorist haven for decades to come, and we didn't even get Bin Laden or wipe out the Taliban.