Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-01-2003, 09:47 PM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Everett traded reported by peter gammons.

Everett was traded to the white sox for three minor league players, the trade and details of the trade will be announced at 11:00PM. Whos next on the block juando to NY he said he would welcome a trade there before the season. Urbina to San Franciso, Boston or NY. Raffy maybe to Atlanta?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2003, 10:18 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Urbina has lost some the value he had a month ago but better now than never. We have to live with Juando for the rest of the season.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:26 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Everett traded reported by peter gammons.

yep..the rangers should have moved urbina weeks ago
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 10:26 PM   #4
Tony tha Mavs fan

Tony tha Mavs fan is on a distinguished road

Looks like the White Sox are loading up to make a playoff run this year, i hope the Rangers got some good prospects from this deal. Everett's a great player i hope we got his value's worth.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:31 PM   #5
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

didn't they get alomar today, too?
Old 07-02-2003, 08:02 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
didn't they get alomar today, too?
Yes they did. Urbina, Valdez and possibly Raffy and Juan should be next. Juan said yesterday he would waive his no trade if the other team would extend his contract. Greedy but good business. Neither Raffy or Juan will be here next year.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:05 AM   #7
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

can't say i will miss juan, but i like rafael.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:03 AM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I say keep Raffy forever - I don't care if we suck. We've sucked my whole life. What's the damn difference?
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:14 AM   #9
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

amen to that, rhylan.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:22 AM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it hasn't been that long since the rangers were in the playoffs..not exactly sucking
Old 07-02-2003, 09:24 AM   #11
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Those hardly count. Three wimpy seasons.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 10:22 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

why do they not count?
Old 07-02-2003, 03:38 PM   #13
TheLou

TheLou is on a distinguished road

Those don't count because we won what was the weakest and smallest division in the AL, and those 3 playoff appearances netted us all of what? 1 maybe 2 wins? Total.
TheLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 03:41 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that the Rangers might try to reacquire Pudge next year. The fan backlash REALLY caught the Ranger management by suprise.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 04:05 PM   #15
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Yeah. Cleary, scoring from the catcher position is what this team is lacking. If only we had Pudge, we would...still be in dead last.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 04:42 PM   #16
TheLou

TheLou is on a distinguished road

Its not that having Pudge would make us winners, but he was a commodity, people came to the ballpark to watch him play, the Rangers are gonna lose, but at least a player like Pudge or Raffy brings people out to the ballpark.

P.S. why do so many want to get rid of Raffy? Hes a 3 time gold glover at 1st, and has 7 straight years of atleast 37 homers and 100 rbi. I know Teixiera is supposed to be the next big thing, but hes hitting a fantastic .250 with 10 homers this year, send him to AAA like they did with Blalock last year, and see how he develops.
TheLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:34 PM   #17
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: TheLou
Its not that having Pudge would make us winners, but he was a commodity, people came to the ballpark to watch him play, the Rangers are gonna lose, but at least a player like Pudge or Raffy brings people out to the ballpark.
Exactly.

Quote:
P.S. why do so many want to get rid of Raffy? Hes a 3 time gold glover at 1st, and has 7 straight years of atleast 37 homers and 100 rbi. I know Teixiera is supposed to be the next big thing, but hes hitting a fantastic .250 with 10 homers this year, send him to AAA like they did with Blalock last year, and see how he develops.
The same reason people want to get rid of Finley - they don't appreciate what they have until it's gone.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:45 PM   #18
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

i don't want to get rid of raffy or finley. but if i had to choose one to leave, i think you know who i would pick. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2003, 11:14 AM   #19
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the Rangers should resign Raffy for another year and then let Tex take over the permanent spot. But, Raffy must be willing to DH a significant amount of games or I wouldn't make the offer. This team is young and needs to develop. Having Raffy on first does little for the future of the franchise, veteran leadership notwithstanding.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote