Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-07-2003, 06:18 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Vegas Odds-Eagles at Cowboys

<u>Eagles at Cowboys</u>

Didn't see a thread worth putting this in so I thought I'd start one. The line is Eagles by 1.

Who'd of thought that would be the line before the year started. BTW, the Eagles play well in Dallas the last several years. It is a no-brainer if you are a betting man, you take the Eagles.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2003, 06:34 PM   #2
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Didn't see a thread worth putting this in so I thought I'd start one. The line is Eagles by 1.

Who'd of thought that would be the line before the year started. BTW, the Eagles play well in Dallas the last several years. It is a no-brainer if you are a betting man, you take the Eagles.
I don't know, Cowboys have my confidence up, and Eagles haven't played to their fullest this year...
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 07:19 PM   #3
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

If i was betting. But still I am so excited to see how this team does vs. its first real test of the season. Quincy seems to keep progressing.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:16 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Man, I want them to win this one. Wouldn't that be something?
Old 10-07-2003, 09:42 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I don't see how anyone could bet on a NFL football game. I feel sorry for the ones who betted last nite. Every sunday there are upsets. In today's NFL you can't predict who is going to win each game accurately. This is a different Eagle's team than the one we keep managing to get our asses whooped by. This is also a new and improved Dallas team that manged to get there ass whooped by those same Eagle's.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:31 PM   #6
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Vegas Odds-Eagles at Cowboys

Cowboys WIN, no doubt.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:33 AM   #7
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry, but the Cowboy's will have a tough time winning this game coming up against the Eagles. McNabb is feeling like he has something to prove after the Rush L. comments, and Deuce Staley is a force when running against Dallas's defensive line.

27-17

Eagles by 10 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]Hate to say it, but the matchup's are in Philly's favor. All I'm hoping for is Quincy not to throw stupid passes and start to lose this newly found confidence he has been displaying week to week. This next game will be a big step for him because he will feel some pressure from H. Douglas & company more than what he has seen so far.

The only way Dallas will have a chance to pull this game off..Will be up to offensive line can limit Deuce to 60 to 70 yards rushing, and for the offensive line to give Quincy time in the pocket.

I would like to see alot of run blitzing by the Dallas defense, and force McNabb to beat you through the air vs. the ground attack.

I'm looking forward to Sunday, and hoping the Cowboy's will prove me wrong.

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 10:51 AM   #8
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Hugh Douglas doesn't even play for the eagles anymore. Note both of their starting corners are out. Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor have missed most of the season. This game will be the game of the week.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 11:08 AM   #9
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the Hugh Douglas information. Now I remember them having a terrible offseason losing him and PR Brian Mitchell. I still think Deuce Staley's running game against Dallas will be a hugh factor in wether Dallas can win or not.

I was listening on ESPN radio, and they said Philly had a soild 7 man defense up front. No doubt, this will be my favorite matchup this weekend.

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 11:40 AM   #10
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

This is a GOOD matchup. I think Dallas Washington and Philly are fairly even this year. I can't wait. I'm afraid a Dallas loss may be overdue though. If they could win this, they would go a LONG way toward winning the division with 3 straight division wins.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:08 PM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

The money, strangely, flowed toward the Cowboys all week.

The game is officially now listed as a pick-um'. There is no spread.

So if you think the 'Boys will win, put your money where your mouth is.

Maybe it is the medication, but Norm listed the Eagles as a double-play (he thinks the Eagles win big). Unfortunately, I agree. However, I don't ever separate my heart from my wallet. So, no money on the game for me.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 10-10-2003, 05:19 PM   #12
QCarFan
Golden Member

I wouldn't mind putting a few bucks on the Cowboys this game..........
Old 10-10-2003, 05:28 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
I wouldn't mind putting a few bucks on the Cowboys this game..........
I'd take that bet.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 09:07 PM   #14
QCarFan
Golden Member

Is their a place online where we can do it Drbio? I am all for it.............
Old 10-10-2003, 09:50 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Got paypal?
Old 10-10-2003, 10:37 PM   #16
QCarFan
Golden Member

what's paypal? explain it to me
Old 10-10-2003, 10:44 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

money transfer website. go to paypal.com and read about it.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:49 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Paypal is basically a safe way to transfer money over the net. I use it when I bid on things on Ebay. I don't expect Duce Staley to do anything effective this Sunday. We held Emmitt, Tiki, Duckett/Dunn, and Curtis Martin to all under 75 yards. I know last week before the Cardinal's game teams averaged 75 yards a game against us which says alot because we have faced some pretty good running backs.

1996-2005
Old 10-10-2003, 10:54 PM   #19
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Paypal is basically a safe way to transfer money over the net. I use it when I bid on things on Ebay. I don't expect Duce Staley to do anything effective this Sunday. We held Emmitt, Tiki, Duckett/Dunn, and Curtis Martin to all under 75 yards. I know last week before the Cardinal's game teams averaged 75 yards a game against us which says alot because we have faced some pretty good running backs.
Not to mention Duce isn't getting many carries. I think we will see more of Westbrook this week.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:40 AM   #20
QCarFan
Golden Member

I found a friend with paypal Drbio, so I have access to a paypal account.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:30 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Allrighty online betting at the dallas-mavs.com, cool.

I was looking at stats yesterday and noticed a strange coincidence.

Who is the leading offenses of their respective conference.

Dallas and Denver

Who is the second leading defenses of their respective conferences.

Again Dallas and Denver.

Of course different teams etc., but interesting nonetheless.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:46 PM   #22
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Allrighty online betting at the dallas-mavs.com, cool.

I was looking at stats yesterday and noticed a strange coincidence.

Who is the leading offenses of their respective conference.

Dallas and Denver

Who is the second leading defenses of their respective conferences.

Again Dallas and Denver.

Of course different teams etc., but interesting nonetheless.

The offense stat suprises me but the defense doesn't. They are defending the run very well this season and they didn't let Tiki, Emmitt, Dunn/Duckett, or Curtis Martin run over them. I think that -1 yard from Emmitt really helped the Cowboys when it ccomes to statistics.

1996-2005
Old 10-12-2003, 03:22 PM   #23
QCarFan
Golden Member

I sure wish we couldv'e gotten something worked out Drbio
Old 10-12-2003, 03:25 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

maybe next time.....I was serious.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:30 PM   #25
QCarFan
Golden Member

i was too, Lions-Cowboys?
Old 10-13-2003, 10:11 AM   #26
Dooby
Diamond Member

<u> Cowboys At Lions </u>

Spread is Dallas by three. On the road. Detroit coming off a bye-week. Detroit has lost its best receiver. Detroit's QB is a turnover machine.

I'd expect this to widen as the week goes on. Probably ends with Dallas being favored by 5 or 6.

Old 10-13-2003, 12:00 PM   #27
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Vegas Odds-Cowboys At Detroit

dallas should win by 10.

easily.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 01:19 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

is it time for a letdown? or, is this team on too much of a high to fall to the lowly lions?

i honestly think the cowboys should have won yesterday by 10 or so..too many dropped passes. so, hopefully yesterday was their "letdown"
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 06:39 PM   #29
QCarFan
Golden Member

Default RE: Vegas Odds-Cowboys At Detroit

Cowboys should win this one, and I hope yesterday was the letdown Murphy3 let's just hope so. What do you think Drbio, you taken the Lions?
Old 10-15-2003, 05:18 PM   #30
Dooby
Diamond Member

Shows what I know. Line is holding steady at +3. One book has Cowboys by 2.5.

Old 10-20-2003, 08:09 AM   #31
Dooby
Diamond Member

Default RE:Vegas Odds-Cowboys At Tampa Bay

<u>Eagles at Tampa Bay</u>

To the surprise of no one, the Bucs are favored by 6.5. Line probably stays there all week. Cowboys have covered last 4 weeks, but they have had the weakest schedule in the NFL.

Old 10-20-2003, 06:08 PM   #32
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Vegas Odds-Cowboys At Tampa Bay

On 6.5 points, I'll take Tampa Bay on that one.

Heck, the line could double, and I'd still take Tampa Bay.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:27 PM   #33
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Vegas Odds-Cowboys At Tampa Bay

I'll probably take the Cowboys plus 6.5. The X-factor is Rice. He left the game Sunday with a back contusion. He's listed as probable, but how effective will he be? Otherwise, surprisingly, I like our chances against that defense. They have been vulnerable all year to straight ahead, between the tackles running games. In addition, I don't think Brian Kelly, or Lynch will play much. Our receivers could have a field day.

Not so sure about the other side of the ball. I don't think they can run on us, but that receiving core scares me if Jurevicius can go. We have to get to Brad Johnson. It's hard to imaging the Cowboys winning six straight, but I'm feeling good about this one.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:02 PM   #34
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Take the points, Dallas covers, unless Bill has money on the game.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:50 AM   #35
QCarFan
Golden Member

Cowboys WIN, No doubt!