Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-03-2003, 01:35 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default The official "Say thanks to Hatcher for the great years you gave us" thread.

After 9 years serving as captain of your Dallas Stars, Hatcher is gone. Now with the Red Wings. So now we have to hate you. But while you were here, it was alot of fun.

Thank you!

Red Wings suck!
Old 07-03-2003, 02:25 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The official "Say thanks to Hatcher for the great years you gave us" thread.

dammit.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 02:39 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I may be in the minority, but I think the Stars will survive this ok...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 02:44 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they will survive, but to me it's like when Pudge left. It merits a dammit.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 02:53 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I may be in the minority, but I think the Stars will survive this ok...
I do too. But he did put 9 good years as Captain and he deserves a send off, IMO.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:18 PM   #6
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: The official "Say thanks to Hatcher for the great years you gave us" thread.

the stars will be ok without him. but he has been such a big part of this team for as long as i can remember, so it's hard to see him go.

does this mean modano will be captain now?
Old 07-03-2003, 05:40 PM   #7
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, Mo is captain & deservedly so. Hatch: thanks for the good times. Good luck to you personally, although I hope your new team crashes & burns into a firey ball of futility.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:20 PM   #8
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks but life goes on. Its not like mavs lost Dirk. Or Cowboys lost Emmitt to 49ers in 1995.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:08 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
the stars will be ok without him. but he has been such a big part of this team for as long as i can remember, so it's hard to see him go.

does this mean modano will be captain now?
Do realize you were 9 when he became Captain? Amazing to think about, huh?
Old 07-04-2003, 04:09 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
Thanks but life goes on. Its not like mavs lost Dirk. Or Cowboys lost Emmitt to 49ers in 1995.
Have we become complacent?
Old 07-04-2003, 04:40 PM   #11
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough
Default RE: The official "Say thanks to Hatcher for the great years you gave us" thread.

that is amazing to think about...i don't remember him becoming captain, but i have been watching the stars ever since they came here...i don't really remember when that was either. but i remember the days of andy moog and shane churla.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:21 AM   #12
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Stars release schedule; Hatcher returns Nov. 12
Stars schedule includes returns of former captain, Hitchcock
07/17/2003
By RICHARD DURRETT / The Dallas Morning News

Go ahead and mark Wednesday, Nov. 12, on your calendar. That's the day the captain comes to Dallas for a regular-season game wearing a Red Wings jersey.

The NHL released the 2003-04 schedule Wednesday, and Derian Hatcher's return to American Airlines Center highlights a busy first few months of the season.

The Stars open the 82-game schedule at home at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 8, against Anaheim – the team that ended their playoff run last season. The Stars spend most of October and November at home, with 14 of the 25 games at AAC. They play 15 games in 30 days in November, including contests the day before and the day after Thanksgiving.

"November is a tough month with lots of games in a short amount of time," Stars coach Dave Tippett said. "I like that we get on the road a little bit early because it gets the team together. But we're at home a lot early, so I hope that helps us get off to a great start."

Dallas hits the road more often in December and January with 18 of 30 contests away from AAC.

Hatcher isn't the only big name making a return to Dallas ice. Ken Hitchcock, who coached the 1999 Stanley Cup team, brings Philadelphia to town on Dec. 29. He hasn't coached an NHL game in Dallas since a loss to Vancouver, two days before he was fired on Jan. 25, 2002.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote