Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-02-2003, 10:05 PM   #1
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road
Default Hottest team in baseball..............

My WhiteSox! 13-2 since the break! Absolutely on fire, Carl hasn't done crap before last night since coming to us, but big 3 run bomb last night. Go Sox!
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2003, 10:06 PM   #2
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

If I were you, I wouldn't be so happy . Despite having been a good team they do not get as good a ratings as the cubs. Ask yourself who watches white sox?
Old 08-02-2003, 10:17 PM   #3
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Default RE: Hottest team in baseball..............

Ask yourself, do I care? lol. You think the lack of ratings compared to the scrubs would upset me? No. I care about winning, and that's exactly what we are doing? I get to watch every game via satellite anywhoo, so the lesser exposure compared to the scrubs, while annoying, is tolerable, i see no reason it will change just because of baseball ignorance. BBTN and SC, actually baseball analysists have been giving the Sox love, that's what counts IMO
Old 08-02-2003, 10:23 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk41= konsesjonen
Ask yourself, do I care? lol. You think the lack of ratings compared to the scrubs would upset me? No. I care about winning, and that's exactly what we are doing? I get to watch every game via satellite anywhoo, so the lesser exposure compared to the scrubs, while annoying, is tolerable, i see no reason it will change just because of baseball ignorance. BBTN and SC, actually baseball analysists have been giving the Sox love, that's what counts IMO
White Sox get all the love from analysts (past few years). They do not have a superstar, unless you consider the scrubs you have in your team as superstar.

Old 08-02-2003, 10:26 PM   #5
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

I guess Frank (future HOF) isn't a superstar
I guess Magglio isn't either, lol. Silly me.
Please don't be ignorant here, we have a great team, lee, pk, carl, robbie, frank, maggs
colon, esteban (cy young mabye), Burhle, Garland
Old 08-02-2003, 10:32 PM   #6
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Please see where wite sox players rank in the top 50 current players in baseball on espn.com.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:35 PM   #7
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Oh give me a break, yeah, im sure that ranking system is all-knowing and full-proof. That is weak. Im not saying we are the best team in baseball, but a darn good one. We lead the AL in quality starts and are 4th in homers.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:37 PM   #8
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk41= konsesjonen
Oh give me a break, yeah, im sure that ranking system is all-knowing and full-proof. That is weak. Im not saying we are the best team in baseball, but a darn good one. We lead the AL in quality starts and are 4th in homers.

Btw, I am a stl cardinal fan. Its hard to find a rivalry between sox and cardinals. I will still try to support my stl till death.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:40 PM   #9
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Uh, I was never attacking Stl. Awesome offense, Pujols is a freakin beast, Rolen having a great year, Tino hitting ok, I like Bo Hart, good hustle and energy. Edmonds is great on O and D. The reason Stl won't win is because their pitching staff is so god awful.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:05 PM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

BTW, you probably spoke too soon. 10-0 butt whooping by mariners to white sox.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:10 PM   #11
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

I saw this coming, we are still on fire. Franklin has historically owned us, he's pitched a gem tonight. We started Danny Wright because currently we do not have a 5th starter. Danny was in AAA, so it is no shock he was roughed up. With MB on the bunk tommorow, we'll get back on track.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:50 PM   #12
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

blah blah blah. Talk to me when the regular season ends. I think You guys are in a tough division and it would take a lot to get into post season.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:57 PM   #13
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

blah blah blah, cute.

Well the same I can say, "blah blah blah"
One freakin game, still 13-3 since the break. Just trying to give you some insignt into the loss. How bout we make a bet, here and now, just for pride, fun, whatever, you name it (no spankings or WNBA tickets involved though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I bet you the Sox will win the AL Central this year.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:19 AM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

I would , if minnesota was even close to what it was last season. Right now they lot to tigers and are struggling to be a 50-50 team.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:35 AM   #15
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

KC is a bigger threat then Minny. Minny's staff is just plain sad.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:37 AM   #16
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
BTW, you probably spoke too soon. 10-0 butt whooping by mariners to white sox.
Break it up you two.

You are both wrong. The Seattle Mariners are still a better offensive team than both Sox and Cardinals. They are in the lead of the toughest AL division, that includes last year's Champs, and the team with the league's best pitching staff.

And somehow, they manage to stay in front of the Ranger.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 02:11 AM   #17
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Seattle didn't make any deadline moves, Pat staying Pat will really end up biting them in the arse. Their O is not that good, they needed to pick up another bat and mabye a 5th starter or pen guy since freddy garcia has gone awol.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:39 AM   #18
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Seattle Mariners are still a better offensive team than both Sox and Cardinals. They are in the lead of the toughest AL division
Cardinals are in NL and so no problems for them Vs Mariners.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:02 AM   #19
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

White Sox.

With the next-to-be Cy Young.

Old 08-03-2003, 12:47 PM   #20
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Chiwas, I know you don't mean Colon. He's good, but not better than Pedro Martinez.

The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 08-03-2003, 01:34 PM   #21
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Nash13, obviously mi amigo means Mr. All-star starter, AL leading ERA man
ESTEBAN LOAIZA!
Old 08-03-2003, 02:34 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
And somehow, they manage to stay in front of the Rangers.

*giggle*
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 08:10 PM   #23
Nash13
Diamond Member

Edit.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

~The Salesman
Old 08-10-2003, 11:08 AM   #24
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

White Sox preview
The Rich Harden road show goes for four wins in five tries on Sunday in Chicago, where Harden will look to continue the roll that he's been on since his first Major League start July 21 in Kansas City.

Harden has been spectacular in his first four outings, allowing just four earned runs in 27 innings of work. He's struck out 22.

With a victory over the White Sox, Harden would move to 4-0 and give Oakland the series in the rubber game and final matchup between Chicago and the A's this season.

Pitching matchup:
OAK: RHP Rich Harden

3-0, 1.33 in 2003
Has never faced Chicago

CWS: RHP Esteban Loaiza

15-4, 2.30 in 2003
1-0, 3.00 in 2003 vs. OAK
5-4, 3.81 lifetime vs. OAK
Player to watch: Based on previous numbers, Harden will have to be at the top of his game against Chicago. No Athletic is hitting better than .250 against Loaiza in his career.

Quotable: "I was wondering when they were going to bring him up there." -- A's reliever Chad Bradford on Carl Everett, who is 3-for-8 with three homers off the right-hander. Everett was called on to pinch-hit against Bradford on Saturday, ending the reliever’s evening.

Old 08-10-2003, 12:18 PM   #25
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Loaiza shall continue his cy dominance against the young stud.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:48 PM   #26
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

He does it again, 8 innings, 1 er, another win.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:59 PM   #27
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

He also leads the AL in ERA and Quality Starts.
He is sick, 21 of 24 starts have been quality. Only 3 non-quality stars, i mean my god.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:06 AM   #28
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

okay, did I just see the Rangers rip e.louiza.

Go Rangers.
Old 08-16-2003, 05:25 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, and the Rangers of all teams are the hottest team in baseball over the last 15 games.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 05:27 PM   #30
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Yes, and the Rangers of all teams are the hottest team in baseball over the last 15 games.
Please do not Jinx them.