Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-02-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default Houston @ Dallas Gameday Thread

I'm stunned that no one has started tonight's gameday thread against the Rockets. This game is dangerous for the Mavs. The Rockets are struggling with an inept 6-10 record. You know the Rockets are hungry for a win. Dallas can't take this team lightly. We need to defend our homecourt. If the Mavs can get off to a good start in tonight's ballgame...I think Dallas can pull away with a win. Go Mavs!

91-83 Mavs
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2004, 11:51 AM   #2
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Houston @ Dallas Gameday Thread

The Rockets are in a bit of disarray at the moment. We can take advantage of them at home...but it won't be easy.

Mavs 85
Rockets 79

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:55 AM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Houston @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Mavs 93
Hou 87

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:32 PM   #4
finman11

finman11 is on a distinguished road

i am expecting a complete blowout. mavs get the win by 20+.
finman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:01 PM   #5
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

it's gonna be ugly tonight..especially with van gundy playing his ugly style of ball..

mavs gut this one out and get back on track

92-87

on a side note, here's a little over/under

No. of games before van gundy lets the team run and gun or gets fired: 25
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:05 PM   #6
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

The Mav's are also in a bit of Disarray with sooooo many injuries..............
I still think that the Mav's put in a good effort after the San Antonio embarrassment and win

89-88
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't lost a single game to a sub-.500 team yet. I dont expect that to change.

You could say that Houston is dangerous because they have lost 4 in a row and are hungry for a win, but that would make the 1-13 Hornets a very dangerous team and they are certainly not
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #8
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

we need to see a big game from damp/stack/jt...

mavs by 15.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:46 PM   #9
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

mavs - 101
houston - 90

Old 12-02-2004, 03:03 PM   #10
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

1. Rockets suck at the moment
2. No way we lose 2 in a row at home
3. Mavs win by 10.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:40 PM   #11
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

The Mavs have lost 3 home games already, last year they only lost 5 home games the entire season.

I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:27 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Last year we started the exact same 10-6, but we lost 4 of our first 5 road games. This year we won 4 of our first 5 road games. If we are going to stink it up, then winning on the road is going to be very important in the post-season without HCA.

just numbers. All of our home losses have been against teams that were good early. Phoenix (13-2), San Antonio (13-3), and Minnesota (9-5)

road loss with Dirk fighting injury and team fighting fatigue. (2nd in the East Orlando 9-5)
home loss (1st in the West Phoenix 13-2)
road loss (8th in West Denver 8-6)
Home loss (5th in West Minnesota 9-5)
Road loss (3rd in West San Antonio 13-3)
Home loss (3rd in West San Antonio 13-3)

Old 12-02-2004, 05:50 PM   #13
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

Rockets place G Lue on IL; activate G Gaines

With Ward and Lue on the IL Houston will probably start Bobby Sura along with TMac , Jimmy Jack, Mo Taylor and Yao...their bench is even worse with Gaines and Barret(rookie) as the only Gs.

Apply pressure on the PGs and double Tmac and we win easily.

Houston 78
Dallas 92
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:07 PM   #14
cultivat0r

cultivat0r is on a distinguished road

Mavs: 147
Rockets: 8
cultivat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:09 PM   #15
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Mavs win.

I don't see the Rockets a good team, although you are true, they are hungry for a win.

Nevertheless we also are hungry, don't you think so?

Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:46 PM   #16
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

A battle of the Mt. Zion Christian Academy boys? Both T-Mac and Marquis Daniels both went there.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:35 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

friends also, I hear....if 4-5 talking heads can be trusted. Supposedly they talked on draft night. We'll see how he can do.

last game in front of friends (and family)
16pts (41.1%), 5rebounds, 2steals, 1ast in 30 minutes (Although affected more strongly by injury)
Old 12-02-2004, 07:47 PM   #18
gogojojo73

gogojojo73 is on a distinguished road

I have a bad feeling about the team right now.

I know it is early in the season, but the passing and certain player are bringing me down.

I want to see better flow on offense. Something to get excited about.

Mavs Lose.
95 - 88
gogojojo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:56 PM   #19
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

two NBA games today

one is a MAVS game

which one is shown on my telly?

Denver-Cleveland... argggghhhhh!

the only other game I had so chance to see so far was the game at Denver where Dirk hurt is ankle... argggghhhhh!

ok, let's switch on the GameChannel

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:01 PM   #20
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

mavs are 5-0 when I drink. I took a day off and shopped alcohol today. I am going to enjoy the whupping boys of Rockets get their a$$es whupped by mavs.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Damp averaged
12ppg, 6.5rpg, 3.75bpg 0.3apg in 27.8mpg against Houston (6.5blocks per 48) until Ming arrived
9ppg, 9.7rpg, 0.3bpg, 1.0apg in 32.7mpg (0.44blocks per 48) against Ming last year

14.24 rebounds per 48 last year against Houston
11.22 rebounds per 48 in the year before Ming.

rebounding was strong, assists were up a little. The blocks went from all-star to miserable.

Old 12-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
mavs are 5-0 when I drink. I took a day off and shopped alcohol today. I am going to enjoy the whupping boys of Rockets get their a$$es whupped by mavs.
Petition to make MFF an alocoholic:
Erica Lubarsky
Old 12-02-2004, 08:09 PM   #23
PepperTheMavsFan41

We have Dirk and the Rockets dont.

Mavs win.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:12 PM   #24
PepperTheMavsFan41

I swear you gotta love Chuck!!!

-Ernie, JVG says "were mediocre"

-Chuck, "hes giving them to much credit!"
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:19 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
By this post, it looks like you already accomplished the drinking. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 08:21 PM   #26
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Howard is sharp on that stutter-step drive to the right.

I love seeing Harris driving it and dishing it from deep to Dirk in his spot.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:24 PM   #27
PepperTheMavsFan41

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41
We have Dirk and the Rockets dont.

Mavs win.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:24 PM   #28
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Guess who is back?! DIIIIRKKK! 4-4 right now, Mavs lead 14-8 and I think its a 8-0 run, I could be wrong though!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:25 PM   #29
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

2 Harris assists to Dirk. Damp sets a screen that Get's Dirk open.

you can't expect anything better than a perfect 8points, and 3 solid rebounds in 5minutes
Old 12-02-2004, 08:30 PM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

An obvious showing of why Finley would help: Daniels is found wide open on the bench-side baseline. Daniels isnt a great three point shooter.

Daniels gets open on the three for the third time. He dribbles it in and rainbows it over Ming, but that was a wide-open three opportunity
Old 12-02-2004, 08:30 PM   #31
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

This might be a close game. The Rockets have the backs against the wall tonight.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:33 PM   #32
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it that Marquis Daniels and Josh Howard do not want to pass the ball on a fastbreak?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:34 PM   #33
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Dampier's jumpshot is horrendous.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:34 PM   #34
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Ugh...a few bad calls and TMac heats up...
Old 12-02-2004, 08:35 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

and TM is on fire.

Dirk: 0pts (0-3) and 0reb in 2:20
Old 12-02-2004, 08:35 PM   #36
PepperTheMavsFan41

We have a border line preimere perimeter defender.

Houston has a preimere perimeter scorer.

We put another guy to start the game on him, has a bum ankle.

The scorer goes off early.

Nellie COUNTERS by removing the perimeter defender from the game, that wasnt even on the scorer.

The scorer blows up even more.

Am I missing something here???!???
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:35 PM   #37
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Why is it that Marquis Daniels and Josh Howard do not want to pass the ball on a fastbreak?

Same old story. I have no idea.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:41 PM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Same old story: Damp plays well defensively but we slide from the other positions. Damp leaves.

Bradley enters, plays well, and leaves after a few seconds.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #39
Bookit
Diamond Member

Stackhouse..........Brick! You gotta luv it.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:44 PM   #40
Redbug

Redbug is on a distinguished road

I luv the uni's...........I hate it when nelly iso's Dirk on the elbow...Damp in the paint...and the other 3 standing outside the 3 pt line....hell Houston just packs it in around the paint....none of those 3 are a threat....

Even when they are hitting their jumpers...the Mavs need to work on getting some easier buckets along with the jumpers......cause with these guys......the jumpers ain't gonna fall all night long...

seems like everybody on the Mavs is blind....when a guy flashes thru the lane wide open...nobody ever sees him....then like on the fastbreak...we always try to make the pass 2 seconds too late when it's not there any longer....
Redbug is offline   Reply With Quote