Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #41
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Houston @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Quote:
and the other 3 standing outside the 3 pt line....hell Houston just packs it in around the paint....none of those 3 are a threat....
Finley, finley, finley.

Howard is actually 46% at home from three. Daniels is 16.7% overall from three and 11.1% at home.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #42
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

JHo was taken out because of 2 fouls. I agree he should be covering TMac though.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #43
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Houston @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Mavs lead 25-24 after 1st quarter:

Howard (8) 1-2, 2pts, 2rbs, 1to, 1stl

Dirk (12) 5-10, 0-1, 10pts, 4rbs, 1as, 1stl

Dampier (10) 0-1, 1-2, 1pt, 3rbs, 1as, 1to

Daniels (12) 3-4, 1-2, 7pts, 1to, 1stl

Harris (9) 1-1, 1-1, 3pts, 3as, 1to

Stackhouse (4) 0-1, 1as

Terry (3) 1rb, 1as

Bradley (1) 1-1, 2pts, 1rb

Booth (1)
Old 12-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #44
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Stackhouse is easy to hate.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:47 PM   #45
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Booth!!!! what a block on Ming.

3blocks in the last game.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:50 PM   #46
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley has owned Yao the last 2 years.... why is he sitting on the pine?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:51 PM   #47
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ming 1-3 versus Damp. 2-3 against Bradley and Booth

Booth actually has a lot of elevation and isnt too bad guarding Ming on the jumper and drive, but he has neither the height (Bradley), nor the bulk (Damp) to do much about Ming when he tried to get down low. Booth can't keep him out of the paint, and he can't get rebounds over him when he's there.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:52 PM   #48
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Ming 1-3 versus Damp. 2-3 against Bradley and Booth
On que, here comes Damp.

Old 12-02-2004, 08:53 PM   #49
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

Did they call a Kickball on a lob entry pass to Yao???
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:54 PM   #50
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't watched Stackhouse in a long time. I love the way he can get to the free throw line. But he drives me xrazy just about every time he touches the ball.

(Btw, I like the way Terry and Harris are looking for others instead of jacking up shots. Daniels needs to do the same.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:57 PM   #51
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kerr, "that was hard to call" as the replay makes it even more obvious that Sura hit it THREE times before it went out of bounds.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:57 PM   #52
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

1-4 shooting for Yao against Damp

edit:1-5
Old 12-02-2004, 08:58 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk needs to take the ball to the rim.
I'm still shocked at how little respect Dirk gets from officials.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:00 PM   #54
Bookit
Diamond Member

How many times will Kerr mention either Nash or Phoenix tonight?
Old 12-02-2004, 09:00 PM   #55
acebball

acebball has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Steve Kerr...part owner of the Suns and part of the posse that recruited Steve Nash...which, of course he does not disclose when lyingly states that the Mavs are now one of worst turnover teams in the league...no..we are not...we are are tied with San Antonio and Detroit at 14.3 per page...I don't think that is our issue...it is primarily assists...where we are 2nd worst in the league...

Also...I think that Jason Terry needs to take the reins off...he torched Dallas for 46 pts last year...he can be a legit scorer but now looks indecisive...he needs to look more for his shot, which we will create assists opportunites...Nash made teams worry about his shot...Terry needs to do the same...
acebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:00 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's gone ice cold. He almost airballed the turnaround jumper...the one where he fakes left and turns right..he's been drilling that shot all year..had no pressure and almost came up all air.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:02 PM   #57
PepperTheMavsFan41

Is Nellie goin to make Dirk go 48 tonight?!
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:02 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

How much of a load of crap was it taking that third foul away from yao earlier?
Old 12-02-2004, 09:02 PM   #59
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Dirk is 1-8 since the hot start
Old 12-02-2004, 09:03 PM   #60
PepperTheMavsFan41

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3

It was always on Mo.

Thats just Marv covering his ass.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:03 PM   #61
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Dirk is 1-8 since the hot start
The bad thing is that he's missing good looks. The good thing is that he rarely stays cold this long. So, he's due for an extremely hot streak coming up sometime very soon.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:05 PM   #62
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: PepperTheMavsFan41
Quote:

It was always on Mo.

It might have been called on Mo, but it was Yao committing the foul.

Dirk's way short on alot of his shots.....But, at least he's getting to the line.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:06 PM   #63
Bookit
Diamond Member

Ok, time to get out of the zone.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:07 PM   #64
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kerr mentions Marion as one of the superstar innovators of the power forward spot?
Old 12-02-2004, 09:08 PM   #65
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk probably needs a break.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:09 PM   #66
PepperTheMavsFan41

-Steve Kerr, "Dirk on fire early on"

Get a clue.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:09 PM   #67
acebball

acebball has a little shameless behaviour in the past

el...why you are surprised...he is an owner of the suns...
acebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:09 PM   #68
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It was always on Mo.

It might have been called on Mo, but it was Yao committing the foul.

Dirk's way short on alot of his shots.....But, at least he's getting to the line.
Sure was Yao fouling, but not called on him!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:09 PM   #69
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

agreed. He just needs to get his legs (and possibly ankles) back under him. 16 points 7 rebounds in the half, though. If he hadnt gone ice cold (1-9), he could have 22-25 points in the half.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:09 PM   #70
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
Dirk probably needs a break.
Possibly. He needs to keep taking the ball to the rim while in the game. His jumper has obviously left him...so be aggressive. He's drawing some fouls and getting to the line....plus, he's quickly becoming absolutely dominant on the d-boards.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #71
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
-Steve Kerr, "Dirk on fire early on"

Get a clue.
Dirk was on fire early on....it just didn't last too long.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #72
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I wonder why the refs wait until the miss to bail players out?
Old 12-02-2004, 09:13 PM   #73
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

gotta hate Dickau for almost killing Dirk's fingers, but he was the only one to rise to his feet and clap when Dirk finally hit that jumper.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:14 PM   #74
Murphy3
Guru

f'ing ball rimming out....

7-17 is only acceptable when you get to the line 8 times and make all of them. He's gotta start hitting some damn shots.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:19 PM   #75
Bayliss

Throw out McGrady's stats and the Rockets are shooting pretty horrible.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:19 PM   #76
PepperTheMavsFan41

Just imagine if he woulda made 3 of the wide open 5 or 6 shots.

Hed have 30 by now.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:19 PM   #77
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

turns out to be a shootout between Dirk and T-Mac

let's have T-Mac score 40 and the Mavs win

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:22 PM   #78
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lead 56-51 at the half:

Howard (18) 1-2, 2pts, 2rbs, 1as, 1to, 2stls

Dirk (24) 7-17, 0-1, 8-8, 22pts, 9rbs, 1as, 2stls, 1blk

Dampier (16) 0-1, 1-2, 1pt, 3rbs, 1as, 1to

Daniels (14) 3-5, 1-2, 7pts, 1rb, 1to, 1stl

Harris (9) 1-1, 1-1, 3pts, 3as, 1to

Stackhouse (16) 2-6, 3-4, 7pts, 3rbs, 1as, 1to

Terry (15) 4-4, 1-1, 9pts, 1rb, 2as

Bradley (5) 1-1, 2pts, 1rb

Booth (3) 1-1, 1-2, 3pts, 1rb
Old 12-02-2004, 09:27 PM   #79
PepperTheMavsFan41

Dirk went all 24 min in that half. Only a small break at the end of the 2nd.

The rest of the Mavs are 13-21, which is 62%. Nice.

The Rook got the hook, then sat the rest of the half.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:27 PM   #80
PepperTheMavsFan41

Also, A better half by Stack. He still cant shoot, but at least he got a couple of boards and got to the line.

Babysteps.
It's EVOLUTION baby.