Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-02-2004, 09:36 PM   #81
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Houston @ Dallas Gameday Thread

I like 3-4 things that I've seen from Terry. The smiling on the court, the "jet" shimmy, and the half-time buzzer-beating three certainly was nice.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2004, 09:39 PM   #82
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Mavs are getting some breaks tonight. The Refs are trying to get Yao out of this game.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:42 PM   #83
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

lets not forget that Damp is having a solid defensive game. Thats really all he's doing but he's doing it well.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #84
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Mavs are getting some breaks tonight. The Refs are trying to get Yao out of this game.
Howard too.

edit: Josh
Old 12-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #85
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Houston @ Dallas Gameday Thread

The Mavs staying in the zone is keeping the Rockets in the game.

Dammitt
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #86
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

If the Mavs got the fouls that Houston gets....this would be an amazing blowout.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:47 PM   #87
PepperTheMavsFan41

Damn the Rook plays 5 more mins then another quick hook.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:48 PM   #88
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Yao should have 5 fouls now, and the Mavs should have had atleast two more possessions since the Rockets knocked the ball out twice, and it was obvious both times, but the Mavs were called both times.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:49 PM   #89
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

stack!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:51 PM   #90
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

stack again!!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:51 PM   #91
PepperTheMavsFan41

VERY NICE!!
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:51 PM   #92
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DAMPIER WITH THE ALLYOOP! Nice assist by STACK!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:52 PM   #93
PepperTheMavsFan41

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
Yao should have 5 fouls now, and the Mavs should have had atleast two more possessions since the Rockets knocked the ball out twice, and it was obvious both times, but the Mavs were called both times.
That foul on Quesy was kinda cheap. I havent had a problem other than the TMax rediculous charge in the first q.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #94
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

from the statline it looks like Dirk is really the MAN

9 of 20 is close to 50% (that's fine with me)

Dirk: 'eat my dust, t-mac!'

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:56 PM   #95
acebball

acebball has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This is the small lineup that lost it for us against the T-wolves...Hendu is the tallest guy and 4 centers are in the bench...
acebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:56 PM   #96
acebball

This is the small lineup that lost it for us against the T-wolves...Hendu is the tallest guy and 4 centers are on the bench...
Old 12-02-2004, 09:57 PM   #97
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Terry finally ruins his perfect shooting night.

5-6 after the miss.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:59 PM   #98
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Nelly, when are you going to learn?!! Small ball sucks!

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:01 PM   #99
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

we need to find a way to play well with dirk on the bench
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:02 PM   #100
PepperTheMavsFan41

We are clueless without Dirk.

Nellie comes out with 4 guards and Hendu.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:02 PM   #101
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Even Steve Kerr was laughing at the way Nellie "finigles" his lineup with five small players. What a joke, we had control of the game until he went small.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:03 PM   #102
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
from the statline it looks like Dirk is really the MAN

9 of 20 is close to 50% (that's fine with me)

Dirk: 'eat my dust, t-mac!'
t-mac: 'not so fast, buddy', and drops three in a row... (arrrrggghhhh....)

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:03 PM   #103
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

here are my thoughts. We can go without Damp, and Houston matches our quicker players but our defense suffers BADLY.

Why not play Damp. Houston has to answer with Deke or Ming. If they don't, then Damp pounds their smaller guys. If they do then Ming takes more shots until they break the zone, and Damp has kept Yao in check. I want Ming taking shots right now. Especially on Damp/Bradley. They are killing Ming. Anything that gets it out of McGrady's hands.

It's the killer instinct too. Damp has 3 fouls, Bradley can take 5 more, Booth has three to give too. Foul Ming out and we can play our bigs to our advantage. One foul will get us a break. Two will get him out for the rest of the game.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:06 PM   #104
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lead 76-72 after 3 quarters:

Howard (26) 1-3, 2pts, 3rbs, 1as, 2tos, 2stls

Dirk (33) 9-20, 1-2, 11-12, 30pts, 12rbs, 1as, 1to, 2stls, 4blks

Dampier (24) 2-3, 1-2, 5pts, 7rbs, 1as, 1to

Daniels (26) 4-7, 1-3, 1-2, 10pts, 5rbs, 2tos, 1stl

Harris (13) 1-3, 1-2, 3pts, 3as, 1to, 1stl

Stackhouse (22) 3-8, 0-1, 4-6, 10pts, 3rbs, 2as, 2tos, 1blk

Terry (23) 5-6, 1-1, 11pts, 1rb, 3as, 1to

Bradley (5) 1-1, 2pts, 1rb

Booth (3) 1-1, 1-2, 3pts, 1rb

Henderson (3)
Old 12-02-2004, 10:10 PM   #105
acebball

el is right but nellie is so wrong...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:17 PM   #106
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Stack's role on this team should be rebounding, blocking, passing and driving to the lane.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:21 PM   #107
PepperTheMavsFan41

How sad is it that if Dirk doesnt start and run the break we have no one else who can.

Perhaps maybe the rookie can, but hes never on the floor. Terry dribbles to the 3 point line then stops.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:21 PM   #108
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Damp blocks it, Howard is pretty clearly fouled across both arms, but gets it in. No call.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:23 PM   #109
acebball

Houston has attempted 18 (yes 18) more shots than Dallas...offensive rebounding...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:25 PM   #110
acebball

Do the Mavericks know that they are ahead and don't need to shoot it in the first 5 seconds of the shot clock...again, Nellie sucks...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:25 PM   #111
PepperTheMavsFan41

PERHAPS THE WORST NON CALL EVER?!?!?!?!?
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:26 PM   #112
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Anyone notice how we cannot finish a fast break? No one can pass well enough to get the easy two. I hope they get better at finishing by the end of the year.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:27 PM   #113
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kerr is a moron. "how do you like these retro jerseys?" "they've never worn them before"
Old 12-02-2004, 10:27 PM   #114
cheesestar
Golden Member

this is a close game which shouldve been a blowout judging from mid 3rd quarter

dirk has score 11 of our 13 points while shooting 3-7 which is kinda sad for us
Old 12-02-2004, 10:29 PM   #115
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Pepper, you beat me to it. Excellent point, and we think alike.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:29 PM   #116
PepperTheMavsFan41

Jason Terry is terrible

He has no clue how to run an offense. THen he doesnt get up on Tmac.

embarrising.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:29 PM   #117
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

f@ck.

41-41

it may be the star that scores more...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:30 PM   #118
cheesestar
Golden Member

and they take the lead... we have a highe shooting % yet we're losing and theyve made more shots than we have.....
Old 12-02-2004, 10:32 PM   #119
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

holding them to 41.7, rebounding about even, 3pt shooting even, assists almost even, steals even, 3more blocks,

2 more TOs, and they have taken 16 more shots.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:33 PM   #120
PepperTheMavsFan41

FINALLY GET A CALL!!!

REDICULOUS!!!!
It's EVOLUTION baby.