Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-02-2004, 11:37 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Congrats Dirk

For not only breaking the franchise record but also making the national audience realize what an amazing talent you are. Thanks for a great moment you gave us. I am definitely feeling great and lucky to have witness history and legendary performance tonight. GO DIRK.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:43 PM   #2
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:Congrats Dirk

Here Here!!
Old 12-02-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Congrats Dirk

yeah that ruled, congrats. and in retro uni's
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:45 PM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

In case someone is wondering, 57 efficiency points. Congrats Dunking-Deutschman
Old 12-02-2004, 11:48 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

This was just an amazing performance to watch and I take pride in letting you all know that I was at the game. Thanks Dirk.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:03 AM   #6
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Woot.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:09 AM   #7
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Sweet game by Dirk, he was a monster tonight against the double teams. The rockets knew who was getting the shot in OT, but it didn't matter. That is the sign of greatness IMO.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:11 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsfanforever
This was just an amazing performance to watch and I take pride in letting you all know that I was at the game. Thanks Dirk.
thank you MFF for getting tanked, and thank you for not picking a fight with the players. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That's 6-0 when you drink. You know you are drinking next Tuesday, right?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:20 AM   #9
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

New word for greatness... Dirk!
Old 12-03-2004, 12:21 AM   #10
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Dirk added 4blocks and 3 steals to go with 16 boards and a couple of assists to go with his 53pt game.

Is thier any doubt he is this franchises greatest player?

Kudos to Dirk and Yea for me as a Mavs fan.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:30 AM   #11
samoan-maverick

samoan-maverick is on a distinguished road

If you dont know now you know.

I wasnt the only one who heard it i know that but who else heard. BuT Marv put Dirk in the same breathe as KG and Duncan. Dirk was freakin ugly tonight.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:43 AM   #12
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I thought Dirks defense tonight was outstanding!!!! What a game!!!! I love how he is looking to be the primary option on every play. This is the way it should be.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:52 AM   #13
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: samoan-maverick

I wasnt the only one who heard it i know that but who else heard. BuT Marv put Dirk in the same breathe as KG and Duncan. Dirk was freakin ugly tonight.
kerr was really complimenting dirk towards the end of the game. He was talking about how dirk is "revolutionizing" the power forward position, and then just to be politically correct, he would say, "oh and garnett and duncan too." HA

Congratulations dirk, I loved the way the fiftieth point just kind of hung on the rim before dropping!
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:56 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid Kerr mentioned Marion as "one of those power forwards" that revolutionized the position. Either he doesnt know that Marion is a 6'7" small forward that was played out of position when Amare was injured, or he is just mentioning him because he's a part-owner of the Suns.

Maybe its both.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:58 AM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Congratulations dirk, I loved the way the fiftieth point just kind of hung on the rim before dropping!
dont forget 51,52, and 53. That 3 was a pure exclamation point. The entire arena was electrified like the best run of 02-03
Old 12-03-2004, 01:09 AM   #16
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Stupid Kerr mentioned Marion as "one of those power forwards" that revolutionized the position. Either he doesnt know that Marion is a 6'7" small forward that was played out of position when Amare was injured, or he is just mentioning him because he's a part-owner of the Suns.

Maybe its both.
I remember this too. I was thinking he said this because perhaps Marion did in fact play power forward for the suns, but then again, why should I have expected him to actually know that. Regardless, I don't think Marion should have been mentioned.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:12 AM   #17
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

Damn...it's about 7 am, just went to work and I'm sitting in my office...
I'm getting f*ckin` goose bumps just from reading what Dirk accomplish last night...

Dirk is da man...
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:21 AM   #18
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Quote:

Maybe its both.
Also I kept getting aggravated about the fact that they kept saying 6'10 and 6'11 and dirk is 7'1.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:27 AM   #19
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: JLEEHASMUCHGAME
Quote:

kerr was really complimenting dirk towards the end of the game. He was talking about how dirk is "revolutionizing" the power forward position, and then just to be politically correct, he would say, "oh and garnett and duncan too." HA

Speaking of political correctness - if Dirk is still "revolutionizing" the power forward position it is probably one of the slowest revolutions history has even seen (because he´s doing this for years now). I think the process of revolutionizing is done. Tonight we´ve witnessed new government. Congrats Dirk!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 01:48 AM   #20
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Finally, Dirk! RESPECT!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:50 AM   #21
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, he also had just 1 TO!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:51 AM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe its both.
Also I kept getting aggravated about the fact that they kept saying 6'10 and 6'11 and dirk is 7'1.
I've never heard 7'1", but every source says 7'0" or 213cm
Old 12-03-2004, 01:59 AM   #23
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

Dirk is a legit 7 footer and those pricks kept saying 6'10-6'11. The jerks don't want to give him any credit. He was standing next to dampier at one point and you could easilly tell he was a little taller. About an inch. That's a 7'0 footer bringing the ball up the court. Who else can do it better than dirk at that size? I don't think garnet can.

Then we have racist jerk kenny smith trying to ruin the night by saying,
"dirk didn't even shoot 50%? Oh then he should have had at least 60 points' and mumbling some other crap trying to make fun of dirk. What a load of crap. Anyone else catch that? Kenny midget smith also made some obnoxious noise when they were showing dirks highlights. We don't catch them doing that with kobe bryant. Even though he's been very inconsistant this year at times. We've got dirk
out there busting his ass and all they can say is for him to "try to improve" ? What a load. Fire the tnt crew.

Hey this has pissed me off a bit. If Anyone wants to start a make fun of kenny smith website let me know and i'll send you some nice photoshop pics of kenny looking like a clown.

Dirk was awesome tonight

Old 12-03-2004, 01:59 AM   #24
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe its both.
I've never heard 7'1", but every source says 7'0" or 213cm
not once has he ever been touted as being anything other than 7'.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:05 AM   #25
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I am so, so glad Dirk plays for us. Have I mentioned that? I'm so proud of him for having such a remarkable year.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:21 AM   #26
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

more impressive than the 53 points are the 21 of 22 free throws

being on the floor almost the entire game, playing decent defense, getting doubled or fouled a lot, even bringing the ball from one end to the other, and then making nearly all of his free throws is really awesome

he leads by example, and hopefully his teammates are inpired by that rather than being satisfied by standing around and watching him...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:25 AM   #27
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: JLEEHASMUCHGAME
Quote:

Haha! OK guys, Kerr just put his blurps in writing. What a difference a game makes ;-) I didn't see the game, but look forward to getting it on DVD next week.

----------------------

Em-powered
by Steve Kerr, Yahoo! Sports
December 3, 2004

Headshot
Logo
DALLAS – Before Thursday night's game against Dallas, Houston Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said to me, "The power forward position in the NBA has been revolutionized. It's no longer a big bruising players' spot – guys like Dirk Nowitzki are changing the way the position is played."

Unfortunately for Van Gundy, Nowitzki then went out and proved his theory. The Dallas Mavericks star scored a career-high 53 points in an overtime victory over Houston.

Dirk scored every way possible – postups, three-pointers, fast-break layups, offensive rebound putbacks and free throws. His ability to handle the ball, run the floor like a gazelle and shoot from 25 feet belies his 7-foot frame. Yet his size allows him to do the things traditional power forwards do, like rebound and clog the lane.

He is a unique talent, and I struggle trying to think of anyone in basketball history who can do the things he does. Larry Bird comes to mind, but Nowitzki runs the floor much faster. Kiki Vandeweghe? Maybe. But Dirk is much bigger and a better ball handler. James Worthy? Didn't have the shooting range.

The reality is that Nowitzki and a group of athletic big men are carving out a new position in the NBA, just as Van Gundy noted. Many players manning the four spot today are no longer just rebounders and defenders in the Maurice Lucas/Kurt Rambis mold. They're ball-handling, play-making big men who take over games and run offenses – guys like Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Lamar Odom, Rasheed Wallace and Andrei Kirilenko.

ADVERTISEMENT
They are shot blockers and rebounders; scorers and assist men. They're big enough to guard opposing centers and quick enough to extend to the perimeter to cover three men. Some of them you can post up or run a perimeter screen and roll – with them handling the ball. Basically, they're talented guards who are living in centers' bodies.

For those unfortunate coaches who don't possess one of these freaks of nature on their rosters, it has made the game much more difficult. Van Gundy knows all about that. Houston had a nightmarish time trying to match up with Nowitzki defensively, and on offense, they couldn't spread the floor with a big, versatile big man of their own.

Imagine how much easier the game would be for Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady if they had a guy like Nowitzki next to them. The defense would be spread out, the ball would move and there would be open shots for everyone.

That's why players like Shawn Marion, Malik Rose, Robert Horry and Kenyon Martin are so valuable. Teams need athletic big men to defend what is becoming a glamorous position in the NBA.

Perhaps we should rename the position because, these days, there's a lot more than just "power" that goes into it.

Steve Kerr is Yahoo! Sports' NBA analyst. Send him a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

Updated on Friday, Dec 3, 2004 4:07 am EST
Old 12-03-2004, 09:42 AM   #28
DCowboysGal

DCowboysGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
more impressive than the 53 points are the 21 of 22 free throws

being on the floor almost the entire game, playing decent defense, getting doubled or fouled a lot, even bringing the ball from one end to the other, and then making nearly all of his free throws is really awesome

he leads by example, and hopefully his teammates are inpired by that rather than being satisfied by standing around and watching him...
That's the great thing about having a post player who is also a great FT-shooter as your go-to-guy. Even if he's not having a great game shooting-wise, if he's aggressive driving to the net or attempting tough shots in the post where the traffic is usually dense or fighting near the net for offensive rebounds to make putbacks with, he's going to rack up a lot of free throw opportunities and subsequently he's still going to produce a lot of points. Dirk = my hero.
DCowboysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:19 AM   #29
jibikao

jibikao is on a distinguished road

"He is a unique talent, and I struggle trying to think of anyone in basketball history who can do the things he does. Larry Bird comes to mind, but Nowitzki runs the floor much faster. Kiki Vandeweghe? Maybe. But Dirk is much bigger and a better ball handler. James Worthy? Didn't have the shooting range."

This is probably the best compliment on Dirk. Dirk is UNIQUE. If he can keep playing like this, he will make it to Hall of Fame and when he is retired, the reporters will try to find new players to compare with Dirk because he is in the league of his own. Dirk is revolutionizing PF position and he's been doing it for quite a few years.

Keep up the great work Dirk!!!!

Jimmy

www.keepshooting.com
jibikao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:45 AM   #30
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Dirk's in a league of his own. He has no doubt revolutionised the 4 spot. No 7 footer in history could ever do the things that Dirk does routinely. For instance, prior to Dirk, I haven't seen (and probably won't ever see) a 7 footer who could rebound the ball in traffic, take it full-court and drop a cold-blooded 3. That just zaps all energy from the defense.

Hope Dirk stays healthy to win his first and a well-deserved MVP while helping the Mavs win their first championship. Nothing but the ring, folks!!!!
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:03 AM   #31
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

That was the single individual performance in the history of the Mavericks organization.. and the whole world got to watch it on national television. Dirk is now officially a superstar.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:21 AM   #32
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: bloodyhell

Then we have racist jerk kenny smith trying to ruin the night by saying,
"dirk didn't even shoot 50%? Oh then he should have had at least 60 points' and mumbling some other crap trying to make fun of dirk. What a load of crap. Anyone else catch that? Kenny midget smith also made some obnoxious noise when they were showing dirks highlights. We don't catch them doing that with kobe bryant. Even though he's been very inconsistant this year at times. We've got dirk
out there busting his ass and all they can say is for him to "try to improve" ? What a load. Fire the tnt crew.
The TNT half time crew are more akin to a group of circus clowns than any serious basket ball analysts. And while Dirk didn't even shoot over 50% from the field he did shoot over 95% from the line while getting there 22 times. Dirk was 15 for 32 from the field or a little under 47% which is certainly more than respectable. Add in that Dirk only had 1 TO, 16 rebounds, 3 steals and 4 blocks and Dirk had one hell of a game any way you want to look at it. Now if you want to talk effective FG%, Dirk did shoot exactly 50% from the field. Of course no way an inept dumbass like Kenny Smith would ever know that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2004, 11:21 AM   #33
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

has anyone else noticed how 12-16 rebounds games are no longer a rare occurance for Dirk....he has taken that next step

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-03-2004, 11:42 AM   #34
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone realized that Kevin Garnett is the only player pulling down more defensive rebounds per game than Dirk and Dirk is #3 in the league in defensive rebounds. Throw in the fact that one of his 16 games he was injured for any entire half and this points to the fact that Dirk is flat out amazing on the defensive boards.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've gained a bit of respect for TMac. From the post game reports that I've read after last night's game, he's appeared to be rather humble. With the game he had last night, he had every reason to beat his own chest even though the Rockets lost. Yet, all TMac has done is give Dirk props. Obviously, Dirk has done the same, but that is expected from him.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:43 PM   #36
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Obviously, Dirk has done the same, but that is expected from him.
Obvious, but not overlooked...he is simply a class act.

Old 12-03-2004, 02:46 PM   #37
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Congratulations Dirk. You deserve this so very much.

What a way to show his talent by having a career night on national television.

53 points, 4 blocks, 16 rebounds, 3 steals and only one turnover. My Lord, can I get an Amen!

It's a great day to be a mavs fan.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:47 PM   #38
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

53 points on 32 shots is a fantastic rate of production, whether Kenny Smith knows it or not.

As for Dirk, he has arrived at a new level. He is NOT just a scorer, although he is perhaps the most difficult player in the league to defend. He is a tremendous defensive rebounder, a thief, a shotblocker.

He is an MVP.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:51 PM   #39
sike
The Preacha

Dirk second in ppg 27.3, TD is eighth 23.4, KG is tenth 23.1
KG is first in rpg 15.0, TD is second 12.9, Dirk is fifth 11.4
KG averages 6.4 apg, Dirk 2.8, TD 2.3

Close

Old 12-03-2004, 02:51 PM   #40
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
although he is perhaps the most difficult player in the league to defend
That's right now with the Mavs offense out of sort and not giving Dirk a lot of help where teams can double Dirk without paying so dearly. Imagine the Mavs fully in sink with Fin back and healthy and the rest of the rotation healthy?